Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What QB would you like to see start week 2?
Blake Bortles
Chad Henne
[Show Results]

Which QB should start week 2?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 08:03 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Reason's we've heard for starting Henne instead of Bortles...

#2. "Bortles will benefit from observing Henne from the bench until he (Bortles) is ready..."

fact: Bortles surprised everyone with how effective he is, even against the 1st string. He clearly had a better showing in the pre-season than Henne.

fact: if you're going to want your future starter to learn from someone, wouldn't you prefer it to be a star rather than a career back-up?

This is your weakest point...  Coincidentally it's the point I think is the most wise as to why BB5 hasn't started yet.

Your fact that BB5 showed better then Henne is rather weak.  If you watched Henne in the pre-season, he was also very effective at moving the chains...  The style points definately go to BB5, but Henne played more snaps against the opposing team's 1st string and did well...  Could that possibly mean that the pre-season is a rather weak indicator of regular season success?  I mean, if Henne looked pretty good in preseason also, but is weak in the regular season, it does shoot down the arguement that because BB5 killed it in the pre-season he's gonna be all pro...

Just let it play out, friend.  BB5 will be starting pretty soon. 

To take this point which is the most valid--- Bortles needs to see regular season game tape and learn how the regular season routine is run--- makes sense to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Ok,we're not the only ones asking why Bortles isn't starting.

<span>Ryan O'Halloran </span> @<b>ryanohalloran</b>

<div>
Redskins player to me after practice: "So what's the deal with Bortles not starting?"

</div>

wonder which excuse he gave him.  "the plan"  message board said the line will get better, or my personal favorite  henne is efficient

Quote: wonder which excuse he gave him.  "the plan"  message board said the line will get better, or my personal favorite  henne is efficient

LOL, this makes me think you don't really read the MB.  Nobody said Henne is efficient.  That was a thread topic based on Gus Bradley's analysis of Henne.  And the consensus was that Bradley's "efficient" statement was coach speak.  

Quote:This is your weakest point...  Coincidentally it's the point I think is the most wise as to why BB5 hasn't started yet.

Your fact that BB5 showed better then Henne is rather weak.  If you watched Henne in the pre-season, he was also very effective at moving the chains...  The style points definately go to BB5, but Henne played more snaps against the opposing team's 1st string and did well...  Could that possibly mean that the pre-season is a rather weak indicator of regular season success?  I mean, if Henne looked pretty good in preseason also, but is weak in the regular season, it does shoot down the arguement that because BB5 killed it in the pre-season he's gonna be all pro...

Just let it play out, friend.  BB5 will be starting pretty soon. 

To take this point which is the most valid--- Bortles needs to see regular season game tape and learn how the regular season routine is run--- makes sense to me.
Actually, I kind'a thought that my best point was the Bortles girlfriend threatened to dump him if he got hurt... I wouldn't even step on the field....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:LOL, this makes me think you don't really read the MB.  Nobody said Henne is efficient.  That was a thread topic based on Gus Bradley's analysis of Henne.  And the consensus was that Bradley's "efficient" statement was coach speak.  

ive had this account for seven years or so and read this board regularly, even if I don't post incessantly,   did Bradley say henne was efficient or not?   and of course there was a consensus its coach speak.  no one in their right mind would believe that

“The highest perfection of politeness is only a beautiful edifice, built, from the base to the dome, of graceful and gilded forms of charitable and unselfish lying.”

Mark Twain, <i>On the Decay of the Art of Lying     </i>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dance.

No one is safe.