Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ford Scraps Mexico Plan

Quote:We spend almost twice as much on corporate welfare than we do on social welfare. In 2014, the Fortune 500 alone got $63 Billion (more than 245,000 grants). Because politicians (on both sides) are shady and only concerned about staying in office.

But it's the poor who should be scorned while those who don't need the breaks get them in greater amounts each year and we spin this yarn it will all trickle down somehow.

I agree, we should cease all government spending on welfare immediately. Fix the tax code to simplify the execution of its purpose (to fund true societal needs) and stop using it as a tool of social engineering.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not sure 700 jobs will have much of an impact. But Donald will take credit.

Trumpettes are probably perplexed - do we consider union jobs being retained a good or bad thing?
I am sure the 700 employees, their families, and all secondary support businesses to that facility have felt the impact of staying employed. 

I didn't vote for Trump (voted Johnson) but he will be my President in a few weeks. If a business claims that the incoming Pres worked out a deal to save some jobs then I won't be snarky about it.

Quote:If a business claims that the incoming Pres worked out a deal to save some jobs then I won't be snarky about it.

Trump can try to take credit for this, but he most certainly did not "work out a deal" to make this happen.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 09:29 AM by jj82284.)

Quote:What part of, "I don't take anything you say seriously," do you not get?

If you want to make a point about something I say and back it up with supportive evidence, include a link and an explanation of the point you are trying to make.

Your consistent inability to do that is the reason I cannot take you seriously. You are all over the place (the above quote is referencing a different thread) and I do not have the time or patience to try to interpret your word salad. Especially since I know you ignore arguments which blow up the points you try to make. You are a spastic mosquito who thinks you are the smartest guy on these boards. You clearly are not. But you nailed the annoying part.
You know what you're right. I can see wht you are confused. When I use terms like gdp, heavy water, net wage growth etc. I just assume u would either a.) know what they mean or b.) be competent enough to use Google. Apperantly that was my mistake. Ill be sure to use crayon next time.

Quote:You know what you're right. I can see wht you are confused. When I use terms like gdp, heavy water, net wage growth etc. I just assume u would either a.) know what they mean or b.) be competent enough to use Google. Apperantly that was my mistake. Ill be sure to use crayon me t time.

Flerp derp dookie derky merp nerp. Ploofy flurgen slerp derp.

I am able to hold logical debates and find common ground with a lot of people on this board whose views differ from mine. You are not one of them. You lack the basic ability to maintain a clear and direct line of thought. Arguing with you is like herding cats. Too much effort for nothing. Plus you don't read, you just react. Getting the last word in is your victory dance. It's pathetic as you usually just puke out words that don't make sense.

I am able to comprehend terms like GDP, heavy water, net wage growth, etc. But you just throw words out into the universe and rarely explain why you are bringing them up, how they apply or how simply mentioning them in any way counters a quote you reference.

You just do drive-by posts and regurgitate phrases or words you heard someone else say as a way to try to insert yourself into an argument. I don't think you even understand what a lot of the stuff you post actually means. It's just how someone explained it on tinfoil.com, so it's fit to post in a grammatically challenged and chaotic babbling post.

Quote:Trump can try to take credit for this, but he most certainly did not "work out a deal" to make this happen.

Ok, I'll bite. Let me ask you this, and answer honestly.

If Hillary won the election, would all of this still be happening?

Quote:Ok, I'll bite. Let me ask you this, and answer honestly.

If Hillary won the election, would all of this still be happening?

It wouldn't matter who won. This is a business decision which is driven by market factors based on policy that goes back to the W administration.

Quote:Primarily no, especially younger generations.  I'll use what I've seen from my own family members as an example.

I 3d printed some "safes" with a preset combination.  The combination consists 5 digits with the numbers 0-9.  The clue that I gave them was that no digit is used twice, and the total of the combination adds up to 10.  Only two of seven (my daughter and son) figured it out in less than 5 minutes.  It's not really hard if you actually have to THINK about it (no google).
Having seen some examples of common core, I cannot imagine how anyone taught common core math could come up with the answer.  Though this is more of a logic problem.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I agree, we should cease all government spending on welfare immediately. Fix the tax code to simplify the execution of its purpose (to fund true societal needs) and stop using it as a tool of social engineering.
Ding! Ding!

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 10:27 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:It wouldn't matter who won. This is a business decision which is driven by market factors based on policy that goes back to the W administration.

OK, so you are saying it is just a coincidence that all of these businesses are moving more resources to the United States and just magically started happening when Trump won the election because all of a sudden the market factors are driving it?

You can honestly sit there and say Hillary Clinton would have questioned the price of fighter jets and put 2 of DoD's largest contractors in the ring against each other trying to save money?

Come on man.....

Quote:Primarily no, especially younger generations.  I'll use what I've seen from my own family members as an example.

I 3d printed some "safes" with a preset combination.  The combination consists 5 digits with the numbers 0-9.  The clue that I gave them was that no digit is used twice, and the total of the combination adds up to 10.  Only two of seven (my daughter and son) figured it out in less than 5 minutes.  It's not really hard if you actually have to THINK about it (no google).

Sounds like your family genetics are very weak in math.   Personally, I'd refrain from using such examples if I were you because, quite frankly, it's a pretty embarrassing reflection upon your family.

For the record, the younger generation is much smarter than our Y generation when it comes to mathematics problem solving.  If you have any doubts about this just check out the trend of the Math SATs and college enrollment requirements over the course of the past 30 years.  

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 10:56 AM by Kotite.)

Quote:OK, so you are saying it is just a coincidence that all of these businesses are moving more resources to the United States and just magically started happening when Trump won the election because all of a sudden the market factors are driving it?

You can honestly sit there and say Hillary Clinton would have questioned the price of fighter jets and put 2 of DoD's largest contractors in the ring against each other trying to save money?

Come on man.....
You're giving a lot of credit to a guy who hasn't even taken an oath yet. Look at what Ford did in 2009 and how it impacted this decision.

I don't know what Hillary would have done, and it doesn't really matter at this point. I highly doubt she would be using tweets to lay out foreign policy.

I worked directly with analysis and speculation of government contracts when I lived in DC. I would be over the moon if Trump plugged the leaky bucket of perpetual waste that IS our outdated and tragically flawed procurement process. We squander billions you never hear about on red tape and projects that either fail or run out of funding before completion.

Quote:You're giving a lot of credit to a guy who hasn't even taken an oath yet. Look at what Ford did in 2009 and how it impacted this decision.

I don't know what Hillary would have done, and it doesn't really matter at this point. I highly doubt she would be using tweets to lay out foreign policy.

Dodge

Duck

Dip

Dive

Dodge

The Kotite shuffle. You ask him directly, "if pro growth policies that make our tax and regulatory structure globally competitive has anything to do with companies investing billions in our domestic markets" and what do you get, "at least Hillary wouldn't tweet as much....

Sad, embarassing, not good enough!

Progressivism may be a failed ideology but by gosh its been around for a hundred years. If your going to be a blind apologist at least be a unique thought provoking blind apologist. From Wilson to Obama you have a lot of material to draw from. As flawed as it is, progressivism deserves better than what you're trying to pull.

Sad, embarrassing, not good enough..

Your autobiography.

Quote:Sounds like your family genetics are very weak in math.   Personally, I'd refrain from using such examples if I were you because, quite frankly, it's a pretty embarrassing reflection upon your family.

For the record, the younger generation is much smarter than our Y generation when it comes to mathematics problem solving.  If you have any doubts about this just check out the trend of the Math SATs and college enrollment requirements over the course of the past 30 years.  

For the record, only one of my children couldn't figure out the answer though he's never been all that great at solving riddles/math problems.  The other 3 that couldn't figure it out happened to be spouses and a step-child of my son's.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Dodge

Duck

Dip

Dive

Dodge

The Kotite shuffle. You ask him directly, "if pro growth policies that make our tax and regulatory structure globally competitive has anything to do with companies investing billions in our domestic markets" and what do you get, "at least Hillary wouldn't tweet as much....

Sad, embarassing, not good enough!

Progressivism may be a failed ideology but by gosh its been around for a hundred years. If your going to be a blind apologist at least be a unique thought provoking blind apologist. From Wilson to Obama you have a lot of material to draw from. As flawed as it is, progressivism deserves better than what you're trying to pull.

Political "philosophy" from a Trump apologist. Priceless.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.