Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We just don't feel you're Bushwood material..

Quote:I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'll leave it here.

While it's understandable folks who supported the losing candidate can be disappointed, mature reasonable adults accept it and move on. Democrats take it to a whole new level evidenced by the wailing and gnashing of teeth, broken promises to leave the country, and outright support for obstruction of the democratic process. Even worse, they wear their puling sniveling attitudes like badges of honor.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-inauguration-workers-sad_us_586ea7bce4b02b5f8587d787'>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-inauguration-workers-sad_us_586ea7bce4b02b5f8587d787</a>

"WASHINGTON ― As soon as she found out <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/topic/donald-trump'>Donald Trump</a> had won the presidential election, Diane* began applying for a new job. As a federal employee, she just couldn’t imagine sticking around and working for a man she worried would mistreat government workers and pursue dangerous, unethical policies.

But she’s not quite done with the president-elect yet. Diane is also a member of the National Guard and has been assigned to work at inauguration.

“Oh for heaven’s sake,” she sighed..."

Threats to leave are bipartisan. They are not a new phenomenon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I think this is a special case to be honest. I don't recall anything remotely similar to this happening when any other candidate of either party won. We have literally never had a more offensive and presumably dangerous candidate take office. You can't act like the laundry list of misogynistic things he has said over the years don't have an impact just because the conservative element overlooked them in order to have a Republican president.

When Lincoln got elected we had a war. Most Americans are too lazy for that now.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:When Lincoln got elected we had a war. Most Americans are too lazy for that now.

Lincoln bragged about grabbing women by the [BLEEP] and walked in on young teens changing? Lincoln had the vocabulary and maturity of a spoiled 13 year old? Must have missed that in the history books.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Lincoln bragged about grabbing women by the [BAD WORD REMOVED] and walked in on young teens changing? Lincoln had the vocabulary and maturity of a spoiled 13 year old? Must have missed that in the history books.

Yiu have a funny idea of whats actually dangerous.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Yiu have a funny idea of whats actually dangerous.

It's not his blatant misogyny I am worried about. Believe me.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Yeah, just the ones that look like you.

So you are saying they will profile black people and that you're fine with that. I knew you were a racist. Thanks for clarifying.

Quote:So you are saying they will profile black people and that you're fine with that. I knew you were a racist. Thanks for clarifying.

You're black? I had no idea.

Quote:So you are saying they will profile black people and that you're fine with that. I knew you were a racist. Thanks for clarifying.

You realize we can't see you, right?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:You realize we can't see you, right?

Oh but I can!

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Quote:You realize we can't see you, right?

He said the "ones that look like you". Tell me what that means.

Quote:He said the "ones that look like you". Tell me what that means.

That he was making a smart butt remark about not letting you in the country.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

So what's wrong with profiling <insert any race here> including blacks?  I mean get real.  A young black man with dreadlocks and his pants below his buttocks showing his underwear walking around a predominately white "upper class" neighborhood is certainly suspicious.  The same could be said for a young white guy that is skinny, has a lot of pimples and bad teeth being in a predominately black neighborhood, especially if the neighborhood in question is "lower class".

As much as you and I might hate it, in both cases it should raise suspicion and is "profiling".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Don't like profiling?  The answer is simple. Change your profile.

Cops look for very specific things to obtain probable cause. Like JIB said above, those are examples of things that are out of place. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of it because it is what it is.

Don't want to get pulled over for "swerving" or a cracked windshield? Don't pull out of a neighborhood full of crack houses or known drug dealing areas. Police love it when people who they know don't live there come pulling out. They are going to find a reason to pull you over. They don't care what you did. They're looking for the drugs you likely just bought.

Don't believe me? Just drive into one of those areas. Spend a little time there, and let a cop see you leaving. Odds are, you'll get pulled over for something stupid, and you'll be asked for consent to search for narcotics.

Profiling will never go away. It is an integral part of law enforcement. It is also something that people do naturally.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2017, 03:48 PM by The Real Marty.)

Quote:So what's wrong with profiling <insert any race here> including blacks? I mean get real. A young black man with dreadlocks and his pants below his buttocks showing his underwear walking around a predominately white "upper class" neighborhood is certainly suspicious. The same could be said for a young white guy that is skinny, has a lot of pimples and bad teeth being in a predominately black neighborhood, especially if the neighborhood in question is "lower class".

As much as you and I might hate it, in both cases it should raise suspicion and is "profiling".
What you're saying is that a young black man with dreadlocks can't move to a "white" neighborhood without getting stopped by the police every time he goes on the street, and that's okay with you.

See if you can respond without calling me a liberal.

Quote:What you're saying is that a young black man with dreadlocks can't move to a "white" neighborhood without getting stopped by the police every time he goes on the street, and that's okay with you.

See if you can respond without calling me a liberal.
There are plenty of blacks living in predominantly white neighborhoods. If those places are middle to upper class, those blacks living there won't be running around with their pants around their knees. That's a simple fact. Those people learned that getting ahead in life means not doing silly things and showing a shred of dignity.

There is your "liberal free" answer.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.