Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Good Break down of this years QB draft class.

Good read.  My takeaway is that Bortles is slightly above average with most throws but doesn't have a weak spot other than possibly the deep balls. It begs to question would you take a consistent above average (top 15-10) QB that you can win with or take a longer shot at an elite quarterback (not saying anyone in this draft class will be).  I think the upside to Bortles is he has a very low floor and has a high enough ceiling that makes him a very good pick.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy...o-the-nfl/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's hard to gauge Bridgewater's stats and how they translate to wins.  His stats look great on that graph but the best team Louisville played this year was UCF and they lost to them at home.  Bortles scored 3 TDs on Teddy's home turf in the 4th quarter and he never answered the bell.  Bortles had a much tougher schedule playing Penn State at Happy Valley, South Carolina and Baylor.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/aac/2...hedule.php

I don't have time to dig up the stats again, but if you take Bridgewater's stats against the top teams he's played (UF, UM, UCF, and one other I can't remember) they're just as good as his stats against the scrubs. And in that UCF game he scored a TD with under 5 minutes to give his team the lead. Didn't have enough time after Bortles' answering drive.

Quote:I don't have time to dig up the stats again, but if you take Bridgewater's stats against the top teams he's played (UF, UM, UCF, and one other I can't remember) they're just as good as his stats against the scrubs. And in that UCF game he scored a TD with under 5 minutes to give his team the lead. Didn't have enough time after Bortles' answering drive.
That's right.  I forgot Louisville scored with like 3 minutes left to take the lead.  Tough to tell who will be better at this point but I do think Bortles has more upside with his size and mobility.

I think Bridgewater and Bortles were both held back due to conservative coaching. Also neither had a very good offensive line.

Manziel: BUST

"Krazy Train"?......nah, couldn't be....could it? :ermm: 

Quote:I think Bridgewater and Bortles were both held back due to conservative coaching. Also neither had a very good offensive line.
Agreed.

Teddy Bridgewater is in a good place having Adrian Peterson to take the weight off his shoulders, and Norv Turner as an OC which will cater to his strengths.  I assume it will have a lot of rollout HB options that allows Teddy to hand off, make a short pass or to run with the ball.  He will most likely not  or hardly ever remain in the pocket and throw deep with any consitent success. Unless he is injured I think Cassel will keep the starting job for most of the season.  The team needs better WRs.

When it comes to opportunities Manziel has a better chance of making a splash earlier than the other rookie QBs if he couldve kept his mouth shut and stayed out of trouble.  The off field shannigans and than the lack of stellar performance in training camp has hinder the excitement that came from the Browns fan base on draft day.  Having Josh Gordon in trouble really hinders things as he is one of the better WRs in the NFL, but how big of a threat is Hoyer to Manziel starting at QB in week 1?  Only preseason will be able to tell.

In regards to Bortles the Jaguars have already stated that he will sit on the bench this year and learn under Chad Henne.  Of course the Jaguars said the same thing about Gabbert when he was drafted, even though that was under different mgmt /owner it does remind us fans that anything can and usually will happen in the NFL.

Bortles had a better game against a better SEC opponent.

I said all along Bortles could be just a good a pro as Teddy and that Teddy was hyped up.

I never thought the Jags would take Bortles at 3... but what the heck do I really know.

What I saw in some games and what I saw in the stats told me that Teddy had a better team around him in the same conference and didn't do much better than Blake in comparison.

We'll see who plays out better.