Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
start robinson and lee at the x and z wr spots with shorts at the y spot..

Quote:Why not bring in Tebow and let him compete straight up with Denard for a roster spot?
I've gotta learn to detect sarcasm.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2014, 06:08 AM by Predator.)

Quote:This is pretty much how I see it as well. It could get ugly. If the Jaguars were playing the Eagles later in the year ...

I think it's going to take a while for all the moving parts (young moving parts by and large) to start meshing.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Jaguars start 0-4, and then start being competitive. But who knows - that's why they play the games.
I think our D will be stout. We have some excellent vets and some talented guys just entering their prime. Top that off with some quality depth and you have a unit that the coaches will be able a lot with. I think this unit is every bit as talented as those Del Rio units that were consistently in the top 5.

Our offense will be a different story. We will have a lot of inexperience in the line and in the receiving corps and be led by a mediocre at best QB. I think it will be more productive than the Gabbert led unit of the last few years, but it will still have its fair share of hiccups especially early on.

That said, I would be surprised to see 0-4. I think the defense will be good enough to keep games close, and if the unit is half as opportunistic as Bradley's previous defenses have been, they will give the offense and special teams enough layups to squeak out some early wins.

I would also be surprised if we have a winning record in the first 4 games but I think 1-3 would be the worst case. I think this team has developed enough and added enough talent that 0-4 stretches are a thing of the past.

Quote:I think our D will be stout. We have some excellent vets and some talented guys just entering their prime. Top that off with some quality depth and you have a unit that the coaches will be able a lot with. I think this unit is every bit as talented as those Del Rio units that were consistently in the top 5.

While I think our D needs another year, we will benefit from being in a very mediocre passing division.  I think the weakness in our D will be communication and recognition of formations (knowing when to be where).  Luckily, going against Fitz and Locker 2x each helps a bit.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 05:29 AM by Predator.)

Quote:While I think our D needs another year, we will benefit from being in a very mediocre passing division.  I think the weakness in our D will be communication and recognition of formations (knowing when to be where).  Luckily, going against Fitz and Locker 2x each helps a bit.
It doesn't take that long to turn a defense around with the veteran acquisitions we have made over the past two years.

The D has already arrived. Another year and they will be vying for best in the league.

It doenst take long for a Defense to turn around?

The Jaguars 27th last year, 30th the year before (I see your point that was a quick turn around)

I did notice the Redskins went from 28th to 18th which was huge considering RG3 took the team to the playoffs the year they were 28th in D as opposed to a bad year for their offense. 

I dont think one is easier than the other though.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It doenst take long for a Defense to turn around?

The Jaguars 27th last year, 30th the year before (I see your point that was a quick turn around)

I did notice the Redskins went from 28th to 18th which was huge considering RG3 took the team to the playoffs the year they were 28th in D as opposed to a bad year for their offense. 

I dont think one is easier than the other though.

Last year was about cleaning house (e.g. like Cox and other garbage players).  This season, they went out and got players that better fit their scheme and loaded up on the Dline.  I think we're a year away on D but we should be in the middle of the pack at least.   Don't forget that our #27 ranking most likely factors in the Jags D was on the field most of the game.  As you may recall, our offense was a non-factor in games 1 thru 8 ...... as we couldn't even get past our own 37 in Game 1 until the 4th quarter.  There's no way that a defense can hold up under those circumstances.

I do recall that our offense stunk the year before that too.  I remember hearing for several years about how great our pass rush was going to be improved by only to see it wind up around the leagues worst, but I'm staying positive I think our DTs are solid average with Big Red and Chris Clemons on the end it should be a huge improvement to the DLine from the previous years.  The DBs need help though ,maybe next year we'll draft a CB or a FS in the 1st / 2nd?

So how bad is A-Rob's injury . Kevin Norwood might be IR'd here in Seattle and Richardson is a kite I'm not sold on him. So I've been looking around the NFL a lot of hurt Rooks out there.