Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mercedes Lewis says "I don't believe anyone can cover me"

Quote:What was the 2011 team? Gene Smith was nosediving the team into one of the worst rosters of all time and MJD set the franchise record for rushing yards in a single season.

That's because he was a great player.

Age and injuries have caught up with him, now, but it doesn't change what great players do, they shine through the muck, something that Marcedes has failed to do.

That people are talking about how he can be better because what's around him is finally better is proof enough of what I'm saying, he's not a difference maker, he needs everyone else around him to be the difference.
The 2011 roster was in decline but the 2012 and 2013 rosters were rock bottom.

In 2011, defenses still honored the passing game allowing us to run MJD effectively. Afterwards they realized that Gabbert posed little threat throwing the ball and could concentrate on shutting down the run.

Lewis's lack of production corresponds directly with a historically bad QB throwing the ball. It is no coincidence that his production numbers surged once an actually functioning QB took over the helm.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The 2011 roster was in decline but the 2012 and 2013 rosters were rock bottom.

In 2011, defenses still honored the passing game allowing us to run MJD effectively. Afterwards they realized that Gabbert posed little threat throwing the ball and could concentrate on shutting down the run.

Lewis's lack of production corresponds directly with a historically bad QB throwing the ball. It is no coincidence that his production numbers surged once an actually functioning QB took over the helm.

You're just remembering things the way you want to remember them.

Back in 2011 all of the talk was about how amazing MJD is to get so much production facing 8 and 9 man fronts on every down.

I remember ball after ball hitting Marcedes in the hands and him butterfingering them. I don't think that has anything to do with the QB if the receiver gets his hands on it.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:He's actually an average passing TE going by the numbers career average wise. He routinely ranks in the bottom half of the league in most receiving numbers. 

...which is directly correlated to his QB's play.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I remember ball after ball hitting Marcedes in the hands and him butterfingering them. I don't think that has anything to do with the QB if the receiver gets his hands on it.

Exactly.....and its not like that was a sparse occurrence, either. 

Remember the one in the EZ, WIDE OPEN vs (the Texans a few years ago, IIRC.)...

I remember that game.... I made my significant other sell her Lewis jersey after that game....

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

At least he doesn't get suspended. 

Quote:At least he doesn't get suspended. 

^^ Bingo.  

Quote:Exactly.....and its not like that was a sparse occurrence, either.

Remember the one in the EZ, WIDE OPEN vs (the Texans a few years ago, IIRC.)...
And that's the play that makes everyone say he has bad hands. He's middle of the pack in drop % for TEs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Marcedes likes to wear drop crotch pants (pun intended)

[Media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgAVGAW3...ata_player[/media]
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 02:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:At least he doesn't get suspended. 

I wish he would....Blackmon doesn't cost us anything... Wink

Marcedes gives you "average" yet costs amongst the top TE's in the league. 

(I'm being facetious...but still making a point here)

Quote:And that's the play that makes everyone say he has bad hands. He's middle of the pack in drop % for TEs.

But they would rather just continue to throw things out there instead of looking up actual stats.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 03:17 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:But they would rather just continue to throw things out there instead of looking up actual stats.

Too bad he's also not "middle of the pack" regarding salary, too... :whistling:

Thats where he should be. 

Quote:Too bad he's also not "middle of the pack" regarding salary, too... :whistling:

At least Marcedes can actually play in games, unlike the worthless addict you love so much.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:At least Marcedes can actually play in games, unlike the worthless addict you love so much.

lol....Marcedes pretty much contributes about the same as Blackmon does...except Blackmon don't get paid. 

And, saying I love Blackmon is a lazy response. I'm just in favor of not releasing him until there is no longer the possibility of him being a productive football player in this league. I'm not happy that he has continued to get in trouble off the field. 

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 03:50 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Too bad he's also not "middle of the pack" regarding salary, too... :whistling:

Why are you so hung up on that? Is that Caldwell's fault? Do we have someone on the roster to replace him as of today? Marcedes is on his last leg, we all know that, until next season you'll have to deal with these facts.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2014, 05:34 PM by Redsky39.)

Quote:I wish he would....Blackmon doesn't cost us anything... Wink

Marcedes gives you "average" yet costs amongst the top TE's in the league. 

(I'm being facetious...but still making a point here)

The most you can really say about Marcedes is that he's at least able to stay on the field.

Quote:The most you can really say about Marcedes is that he's at least able to stay on the field.

You could also say he's a great blocker, a very good teammate (by all accounts), and well paid.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.