Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Denard Robinson

wonderin if anyone remembers jaquez rodgers from oregan state... when that kid was a freshman he was a lightning bolt built alot like drob was in college... skinny and fast... he gouged usc when they were #1 back in the day and caught my attention... i didnt really follow him after that till he was drafted by atl... the kid didnt really make it in the nfl but he was huge when he got into the league... went from lookin like d-rob to a mini mojo... now, i know people like mojo and rodgers dont exist naturally i dont care what kind of diet and work out regement you are on, those guys had to have taken something along the way... what ever it was, we should pump d-rob up with it if we plan on using him as a RB.... sounds naive to say,"juice our guys up" but lets be honest, steroids are used in some capacity by many players in the league... if d-rob got to 220+ and still had some of the speed he has now, he would be a beast out of the back field... our rb game would be amazing with gerhart, d-rob, storm, and todman.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The game just needs to slow down for Robinson.  Once that happens, I think his athletic abilities will start to really take hold.
While I agree with what you're thinking, the game doesn't change.  He need to adapt to match the game. 

That being said, I think the OW title/position was probably a mistake that hindered his development.  He needs to be a receiver or a running back, not both, which will make the game easier for him.  Only when he can focus on one and not worry about the other, will his true potential be realised.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:I see Storm making the final roster with Beau Blankenship beating out Terrance Cobb for the PS spot.

So we have...

1. Toby Gerhart

2. Storm Johnson <--I feel he'll earn the primary backup role in camp

3. Denard Robinson or Jordan Todman <--loser of this battle is cut

P.S. Beau Blankenship

Terrance Cobb might beat out Blankenship for that practice squad spot.

Quote:While I agree with what you're thinking, the game doesn't change.  He need to adapt to match the game. 

That being said, I think the OW title/position was probably a mistake that hindered his development.  He needs to be a receiver or a running back, not both, which will make the game easier for him.  Only when he can focus on one and not worry about the other, will his true potential be realised.

I'm not saying the game is going to change.  I'm simply stating that having a year under his belt, and an off season to become accustomed to his role will allow things to slow down for him.  They've pretty much made the determination where he'll play, so there's not going to be a need for him to learn more than one role.  The OW designation was always more of a gimmick than anything. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]