Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lee, Allan, and Co.

Hey folks, sorry if this has been addressed already, im currently not very active on this board while im training to be a Med Tech for our military so a lot of my time is spent reading other materials. My question is how do we feel about the two as of right now? Are there any red flags up surrounding the two? Our biggest problem with the WR Corp went from poor talent to nice talent that was never on the field in just a year or two. Shorts seems like he is only good for 10-12 games, Blackmon seems like a full season or another one may never be possible. Is it a bad sign that our two future starters seem like they have had nagging injuries since they were drafted or is our front office just being smart and sitting them until the season starts? Lee seems like he compares to Shorts in the sense that he cant shake small injuries. It just aggrivates me reading about them sitting out while my favorite WR this past draft, Donte Moncrief, is standing out for the Colts. Once again, sorry if this has been addressed already, feel free the flame/close or delete the thread.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

*Alan Robinson. This is honestly how long ive been out of the loop.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

There is really nothing to talk about. They haven't even started training camp. You probably should just worry about

studying for the next month or so.

If it was the regular season, the injuries they sustained during OTAs wouldn't be an issue.  I wouldn't worry about that. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014, 09:30 AM by badger.)

Quote:Hey folks, sorry if this has been addressed already, im currently not very active on this board while im training to be a Med Tech for our military so a lot of my time is spent reading other materials. My question is how do we feel about the two as of right now? Are there any red flags up surrounding the two? Our biggest problem with the WR Corp went from poor talent to nice talent that was never on the field in just a year or two. Shorts seems like he is only good for 10-12 games, Blackmon seems like a full season or another one may never be possible. Is it a bad sign that our two future starters seem like they have had nagging injuries since they were drafted or is our front office just being smart and sitting them until the season starts? Lee seems like he compares to Shorts in the sense that he cant shake small injuries. It just aggrivates me reading about them sitting out while my favorite WR this past draft, Donte Moncrief, is standing out for the Colts. Once again, sorry if this has been addressed already, feel free the flame/close or delete the thread.

FYI every rookie in every camp for every team is getting good reviews.  It is all hype and none of it should be taken too seriously.

Moncrief "looking GREAT OUT THERE!" for the Colts means nothing.  Reporters and others watching the underwear Olympics really have no idea how good these guys will be from watching a few practices with no pads.

Quote:Is it a bad sign that our two future starters seem like they have had nagging injuries since they were drafted or is our front office just being smart and sitting them until the season starts? Lee seems like he compares to Shorts in the sense that he cant shake small injuries. It just aggrivates me reading about them sitting out while my favorite WR this past draft, Donte Moncrief, is standing out for the Colts. Once again, sorry if this has been addressed already, feel free the flame/close or delete the thread.

I think it is premature to say he can't shake small injuries.

He's had "small" injuries thus far, but it's way too soon to say he can't shake them or that he is injury prone.

I do think the team is being smart to bring them along slowly...for a couple of reasons.

First, you want them getting reps and coaching...yes.  But you want to save them for when the games actually count.

Secondly, on a related point, if you have guys playing on injuries, sometimes they will overcompensate for the injury and cause stress on another part of the body, causing them greater injury in that other body part, giving them multiple injuries from which to recover, and could keep them out longer.

We haven't even hit training camp yet.

The injuries are an annoyance right now, but way too soon to hit the panic button or declare any of these guys the next coming of Freeman McNeill.

One other thing to keep in mind. 

Boselli wound up missing the first 3-4 full games of his career.  Fred Taylor was called "Fragile Fred" in the early part of his career.

Both wound up being pretty good guys.

While it would exceed all reasonable expectations if both Lee and Robinson wound up as good as Boselli and Fred Taylor, the point is that early "minor" injuries to guys don't necessarily doom them, either.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The first freak out thread of the 2014 season.

Congrats

Moncrief is "standing out" for the Colts.  Get worried, guys.

Quote:Moncrief is "standing out" for the Colts. Get worried, guys.
Too late...I was already worried.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Too late...I was already worried.

Get MORE worrried

Quote:Get MORE worrried
OK..I'm worrieder.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:*Alan Robinson. This is honestly how long ive been out of the loop.

*Allen Robibson. I think you are still out of the loop.

Quote:*Allen Robibson. I think you are still out of the loop.

*Alan Rhobibson. Cant believe so many are out of the loop.

Not a big deal, but I'm surprised neither is at the Fitzgerald camp with Cecil Shorts and Mike Brown. Bortles isn't there either. As long as they're all out there practicing together at 9:55 am on July 25, there isn't an issue.

Quote:*Alan Rhobibson. Cant believe so many are out of the loop.

*Matt Jones. Get with it people.