Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Play Jaguar GM

As of right now?......Ball Hawk Free Safety. Its whats missing most. 

I think the Jags pass rush will be decent already with who they've got at the present time. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'll take a position which nobody has mentioned. One that the Jags took a huge swing at in free agency. Center. The guy is the QB of the offensive line, and with as many new faces on the line, a top shelf center would do this team a whole lot of good. If Bowenko became that diamond in the ruff and became that player, this team would be leaps and bounds ahead in the rebuild process.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I'll take a position which nobody has mentioned. One that the Jags took a huge swing at in free agency. Center. The guy is the QB of the offensive line, and with as many new faces on the line, a top shelf center would do this team a whole lot of good. If Bowenko became that diamond in the ruff and became that player, this team would be leaps and bounds ahead in the rebuild process.

Brewster also has an outside shot, if you believe him about being a better fit for Center than Guard. 

Boselli and Lageman were raving about Bowanko at OTAs - in just how well he moves and how he "looks the part".  It's obviously underwear practice, but from what they can tell at this point, they like Bowanko.

To the OP,

I would go with Defensive End.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Boselli and Lageman were raving about Bowanko at OTAs - in just how well he moves and how he "looks the part".  It's obviously underwear practice, but from what they can tell at this point, they like Bowanko.

To the OP,

I would go with Defensive End.

If caldwell gets high quality play from this kid in the 6th round, It'll be much needed victory for the roster. With that said, Underwear.

ProBowl Center.... QB gets better and better the longer he isn't laying on the ground or trying to find a bad snap in the midst of 300 pounders legs.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:If you could do a guaranteed upgrade any one single player position to a pro-bowl level on this roster, which would it be. Let's leave QB out of the mix because that's obviously a given. With that option out, which position would you choose to? 
That is tough, but I think a huge glaring need would be at Free Safety.  If we could get a Reed (in his prime), Brian Dawkins (in his prime) kind of caliber player that would help out a whole heck of lot.

Quote:As of right now?......Ball Hawk Free Safety. Its whats missing most. 

I think the Jags pass rush will be decent already with who they've got at the present time. 
I agree on the FS position, but in regards to the pass rush I do feel that the Free Agency pickups improved the pass rush from the worst in the league I wouldnt have them above the middle of the league at this point though.

Pass rush
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I would upgrade the QB position. Just look at the Patriots and the Broncos with Brady and Manning.

If you get a good, quality quarterback who can make plays, everything else will follow. At least, on the offensive side of the ball.
You must have missed the OP of the threads comment; 

Let's leave QB out of the mix because.... Dakota

-------------------------

That being said franchise elite QBs dont fall from trees or every team would get one.  I think Bill Parcells made a similar comment while as the HC in Dallas.

The battle is won in the trenches (refering to Offensive & Defensive Line) according to Madden. (See Wilson in Seattle).

A great WR core can make a QB look better, and a great running back can make him look like a game manager (see Smith in KC).

A huge part of it is perception, is the QB perceived as being the guy carrying the team or draging it down?  (see Tony Romo in Dallas).

According to Dave Caldwell the team has already addressed the QB issuse with Blake Bortles (open in an emergency), which he will be ready (sort of speak) by next season.

Madden hasn't come out yet, so I'll wait.

I have to agree with the dog on this one.  If the Jags indeed plan on playing more "bear" and single high safety defense, thats a ton of pressure on the fs.  In this defense the cornerbacks play sidelide zones while the FS has the deep 3rd (middle of the field) Athletic tights ends also means these players have to be athletic as well.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Probably CB or Leo.

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

RB on an Adrian Peterson level. Just imagine if BB becomes a great QB and then have an AP type back Superbowl bound.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Since at this point in time i still worry about Center, I think i will go with that. But CB/FS would be nice, as would a Pass rusher. love me some good Defense Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 06-17-2014, 06:16 AM by DewtheMathis.)

I am bias too Scobydiesel towards defense even though the offense has been bad for a few years the SuperBowl Champs (Seattle) are mainly known for their stout defense which shut down the legendary Peyton high scoring offense.

Defense wins games, while Offense sells tickets.