Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne – Just the facts

Quote:Did I read correct? This thread is at 10 pages? 10 pages of a Henne debate? Lol!! #deadzone

Welcome to late in the off season and the end of OTA's, at least for now.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Well, unfortunately for the Jags and fans of the Jags, Chad Henne is much, much, much (did I mention much?) closer to one Blaine Gabbert then Tom Brady as far as QB comparisons go.

There isn't a football person in the world who will dispute that fact.

Much closer to Gabbert? Look, no one disputes Henne isn't a great QB. What part of that is so hard to understand?
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:lol, 150 yds per game. We had a guy around here that could barely get that #, and there were actually quite a few times he didn't even get to 150yds.

As you can imagine, it wasn't a pretty site.
If the Jags win the superbowl with that guy, I couldn't care less. Would you rather have a QB throw for 400 ypg and miss the playoffs every year?

Quote:Sure because when a team is in obvious passing situations why should a defense pin their ears back and come after the QB?

Hinse Henne’s Garbage Time Stats. In a close/meaningful game he, Henne is proven to faulter when it counts...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Welcome to late in the off season and the end of OTA's, at least for now.

Up next, Training Camp...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Welcome to late in the off season and the end of OTA's, at least for now.

Exactly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

So let me see if I can recap this.

It's been established that Super Bowl winning quarterbacks Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson really didn't do anything to make their respective teams better.  They had the benefit of having a great supporting cast of players in all three phases of the game.  That's the sole reason why each wears a Super Bowl ring.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were/are so good that it doesn't matter who is on their respective teams.  Their mere presence on the field automatically makes their respective teams better.  Either one would be able to do awesome things with a crippled offensive line, non-existent running game, average at best/inexperienced receivers and a mediocre at best defense.  Even on a team like that, they would still be winning quarterbacks.

Henne is in no way capable of equaling the performance of a Trent Dilfer or a Brad Johnson.  He never makes good plays or good decisions and is just all out terrible.

I think I got it all now.  Go back to playing Madden now.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:So let me see if I can recap this.

It's been established that Super Bowl winning quarterbacks Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson really didn't do anything to make their respective teams better.  They had the benefit of having a great supporting cast of players in all three phases of the game.  That's the sole reason why each wears a Super Bowl ring.

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were/are so good that it doesn't matter who is on their respective teams.  Their mere presence on the field automatically makes their respective teams better.  Either one would be able to do awesome things with a crippled offensive line, non-existent running game, average at best/inexperienced receivers and a mediocre at best defense.  Even on a team like that, they would still be winning quarterbacks.

Henne is in no way capable of equaling the performance of a Trent Dilfer or a Brad Johnson.  He never makes good plays or good decisions and is just all out terrible.

I think I got it all now.  Go back to playing Madden now.

But I don't play Madden...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I didn't say it was unique, I just asked if maybe you were looking at everything backward and it's possible that with pressure on the other team to play hard for 4 quarters Henne goes in the other direction.

Personally I think it's quite possible, especially if Gerhart does well. I can't see Fisch wanting to stop giving the ball to him if he's running it better than Henne is throwing it.

I think you're probably right.

If the Jaguars don't improve as a team Henne won't perform better, that's for sure.

If the Jaguars do play better then it's likely that Henne actually performs worse from a statistical standpoint because he won't be facing coverages where the defense's only concern is tackling guys after they catch a pass for massive stretches at the ends of games for easy yards. Plus if the Jaguars are doing well it'll probably be because the running game is better and that will once again reduce Henne's opportunities to pass as the games get shortened and the gameplan moves to actually giving the ball to someone that will do something good with it.

So the Jags can actually be a  better team while Henne's statistics go downward from last season?

This is all so confusing.

What would happen if Henne's statistics actually improve from last season?

What would that mean for the Jags?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:So the Jags can actually be a better team while Henne's statistics go downward from last season?

probably that we have a chance of a winning record .

Quote:So the Jags can actually be a  better team while Henne's statistics go downward from last season?

Assuming the team improves by any significant degree, it's possible that the QB stats could decrease but it's more likely going to be because all areas of the team improve.  It's interrelated.  Improved line play will lead to better protection and a better running game.  A better running game will result in the opposing secondary play more honestly which will mean opportunity for the wide receivers.  Better defense will give the offense more chances.  Better offense will keep the defense more rest.

If the team improves significantly but QB play doesn't, it would mean that our defense or running game (or both) has become disproportionately better.  *Usually* a one dimensional offense has a hard time of it.

I wouldn't mark improved line play as a given. It's probably the biggest unknown going into the season.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:I wouldn't mark improved line play as a given. It's probably the biggest unknown going into the season.

I agree, I'm not saying it was.  Just pointing out how improvement in one phase can make it easier for another phase to improve.