Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles, Robinson, and Lee in their Jags uniforms for the first time

Quote:88 is One of my favorite numbers for wr to wear... Wish robinson would have takin this number... I like that shorts took 84, another favorite of mine.
80 is cool, like Andre Johnson/Jerry Rice etc

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yawn.

You're the only person obsessing over the numbers. Keep on whining.

A lot of players pay other players to get their previous number. I couldn't care less about the numbers, but it seems to some players they are worth multiple thousands.

If enough numbers are retired, many years into the future the NFL will have to add letters to accommodate the 72 member rosters.

QB09

WR88

RB28

OTTO1

I would only retire a number if the player was a top 10 all time guy. I consider Fred a top 10 RB of all time, other than Fredy i'd use the other numbers like 8/82 etc

Quote:Uhh...a few years ago, Mike Walker was on the team and he went to UCF.

He was a disappointment so he doesn't count.

Quote:Maybe Blake just cut one? The way he's standing...he looks like he could have!! Big Grin

What do you suspect is under the huge white towel?

A charcoal filter?

Quote:My money is on Brandin Cooks...

Mainly because he's got Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

Yep. Cooks is going to be lethal in New Orleans.

Might as well give him the OROY trophy now.

Quote:What do you suspect is under the huge white towel?

A charcoal filter?

One of those Christmas tree looking air fresheners! :thumbsup:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:A lot of players pay other players to get their previous number. I couldn't care less about the numbers, but it seems to some players they are worth multiple thousands.

If enough numbers are retired, many years into the future the NFL will have to add letters to accommodate the 72 member rosters.

QB09

WR88

RB28

OTTO1

The Jaguars don't have any numbers retired. There also hasn't been any need to utilize a few numbers since the players left Jacksonville. TMD obsesses over these as if there's some immediate need to use them. No player has ever complained. Nobody else is quaking to put these numbers out there. It's just another little obsession the diva keeps in his pocket just in case he has nothing else to complain about. His current run of positivity demands he break this tired whine out to get his negativity fix.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

TMD you ever think the players choose not to take those numbers out of respect? Just a thought. 

Quote:TMD you ever think the players choose not to take those numbers out of respect? Just a thought.
it's possible.

Maybe they like the numbers they picked?

I guess I'm in the MI or its but I like 11 for a WR. I actually like all the teens for WR's.

Quote:Maybe they like the numbers they picked?

I guess I'm in the MI or its but I like 11 for a WR. I actually like all the teens for WR's.

Not me, Teen numbers are for QB. and sometimes kickers/ punters. 

I think WR numbers should always be in the 80's, and only go to the lower numbers in mandatory cases. 

Quote:I'm not sure how far you go back as a UCF fan. But a couple of questions come to mind.

As an NFL prospect, what are your expectations for Blake Bortles compared to Daunte Culpepper when he came out of UCF in 1999?

As an NFL prospect, what are your expectations for Storm Johnson compared to Kevin Smith when he came out of UCF in 2008?

Pretty late but, I was too young to know much about Culpepper. I do have pretty high expectations for Bortles though.

I actually like storm more as a pro prospect than Smith. Storm has more quick twitch movements in his game and doesn't have the wear and tear Smith had. They ran Smith into the ground.

Quote:Not me, Teen numbers are for QB. and sometimes kickers/ punters.

I think WR numbers should always be in the 80's, and only go to the lower numbers in mandatory cases.

Really? We're still on this ridiculous subject?

WR have been wearing numbers in the teens for a long, long, time. There was a VERY small window where the NFL tried to 'standardize' numbers so rigidly.

I can think of several 'old' players that have had numbers in the teens...and good ones. Hell, I can think of three Eagles and a couple of others off the top of my head.

Harold Carmichael 17

Ben Hawkins 18

Pete Retzlaff 19

Lance Allworth 19

Lance Rentzel 19

Charlie Joiner 18

Hell. Kenny Burrough wore 00.

That's just off the top of my head, using an I-phone, not using Google.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

They sure do look great in the photo, Cant wait to see them on the field when it matters.

Quote:I have no problem with that. 

That said, regarding all the players in the Pride....their numbers should be back in circulation at this point its even been 5 years for Fred's 28. 

There aren't enough numbers in football for retiring numbers or "taking them out of circulation" (same thing). You don't see teams like Dallas doing it. Dez Bryant wears #88 proudly....and #88 was worn by a former HOF'er. 

Only lame teams like the Eagles retire numbers to try and create some phony tradition. The only tradition that matters is the Lombardi's in the trophy case. And the names in the Pride. Keep ALL numbers in circulation. 
  Dallas will not issue certain numbers... #8 Aikman, #22 Emmitt, #74 Lilly, #12 Staubach...however, #88 has been worn by (unfortunately) > Antonio Bryant and Dez Bryant since Irvin has retired.  Drew Pearson wore it before Irvin.

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 10:40 PM by Redsky39.)

# 11 hasn't been a lucky number for the Jags. Reggie Williams and Blaine. 

Let's hope Lee wears it better than them both combined.

Quote:# 11 hasn't been a lucky number for the Jags. Reggie Williams and Blaine. 

Let's hope Lee wears it better than them both combined.
Break the curse Lee!

Not that I care all that much, but NOBODY should wear 28 in a Jags uniform ever again. There will never be another Fred.

On the other hand, #11 should be banned because clearly it is CURSED!!!!

That is all...
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!