Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags Free safety

Quote:FS is likely to be Evans or Guy.

Telvin simply isn't a factor, as he's what they're looking for at LB.

Keep an eye on Guy.  He could earn the starting job.
Winston Guy would be a solid, solid starter if he cut down on the penalties and headhunting. He needs to realize every play doesn't warrant him trying to take the opponent's head off.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Winston Guy would be a solid, solid starter if he cut down on the penalties and headhunting. He needs to realize every play doesn't warrant him trying to take the opponent's head off.

I'm sure they're working on that since he's getting the bulk of any reps with the first team right now in OTAs. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm sure they're working on that since he's getting the bulk of any reps with the first team right now in OTAs. 

This is why I love having Gus as a coach.  He isn't JUST a RAH RAH guy, he can show guys like Guy how to control and use their energy to become better at DOING THEIR JOB.  Guy + Gus = Guys?, anyway, he GOOD.

Blackmon has a nose for the football and is very instinctive.  Question is, does he have the speed to be that rangy free safety? He's listed on the roster as DB, I believe the only player on the roster listed as simply DB, so that must speak to his versatility

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Quote:Blackmon has a nose for the football and is very instinctive. Question is, does he have the speed to be that rangy free safety? He's listed on the roster as DB, I believe the only player on the roster listed as simply DB, so that must speak to his versatility

Too old to be the FS of the future.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

That's usually when corners make a move to play safety, let history tell it

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Telvin will be fine at olb! You guys do know he played mlb for fsu last year right? He defiantly needs to put some weight on but his quickness and instincts allow him to blow up the play before lineman can even get their hands on him.

Quote:Blackmon has a nose for the football and is very instinctive.  Question is, does he have the speed to be that rangy free safety? He's listed on the roster as DB, I believe the only player on the roster listed as simply DB, so that must speak to his versatility

i think they should put everyone's name in a hat and every position in another hat and then draw for positions. id like to see blackmon as the kicker, anger as a db, beadles as the qb. could make for a really good team. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Wait, I thought Gus was Mr. 200 word vocabulary....?

Has nothing to do with him citing the smart method here. Credit to Gus for understanding the right way to do things. 

Quote:i think they should put everyone's name in a hat and every position in another hat and then draw for positions. id like to see blackmon as the kicker, anger as a db, beadles as the qb. could make for a really good team.
Don't forget Scobee as a DE. Dude will light up opposing teams backfields. Double digit sacks easily.

Quote:Its not laughable that some keep suggesting he move to "Safety" at some point....

But to suggest he move to Free Safety, thats the part thats laughable. Its as if some of these people have never followed NFL football in their life. 

Telvin could possibly play Cyprien's position, but then we still have no FS (as Cyrpien cannot play FS adequately), so thats a stupid idea.

Yeah, I agree with that completely.

Quote:Winston Guy would be a solid, solid starter if he cut down on the penalties and headhunting. He needs to realize every play doesn't warrant him trying to take the opponent's head off.

I'd rather try to tune a guy down than try to tune him up, if you know what I mean.