Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tough Cuts

Quote: 

As far as Doss goes, I think he was a similar talent to Shorts coming out of college and I think he can be similar with the same opportunity and coaching in the league. Another opinion that could be right or wrong.

I agree with the above. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 12:12 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:Well stated, but a whole lot of wasted energy considering the target audience.

Well, it was in response to me, and I am one of the most knowledgable and level headed members of this forum. I guess I just got in the middle of a Mr. S. and TMD argument.

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2014, 12:19 PM by rufftime.)

Quote:they just have to do whatever they can to downgrade Tandon Doss and prop up Cecil.
If that were "their" objective, it would not be difficult. Shorts has produced results, Doss has done nothing as a WR.

I have no issue with Doss and IF he produces with better coaching that is fantastic. But you need to wait for him to produce in reality before you claim he could be as good or better.

Quote:This area has a very strong local sports media, so I tend to hold what they say in pretty high regard. Also, it is clear that the difference between Cecil Shorts as a rookie and Cecil in his first year with Sullivan and beyond are night and day. I believe that Sullivan has a lot to do with that and that belief is supported by how highly Sullivan is regarded around the organization and the league. It is also clear that Torrey Smith, Tandon Doss, Marcus Smith and others have not or did not improve under Hostler. That coupled with the fact that Hostler was allowed to walk and the fact that he wasn't highly regarded in the Raven organization, per Wilson, Lombardi and others, led to my opinion of him as a coach. I'm not in Mike Tomlin's practices and I wasn't in Mike Mularkey's practices, but I'll offer the opinion that Tomlin's is a better head coach than Mularkey. These are all opinions.

As far as Doss goes, I think he was a similar talent to Shorts coming out of college and I think he can be similar with the same opportunity and coaching in the league. Another opinion that could be right or wrong. Also, I never claimed he could replace Shorts, this team needs Shorts going forward.

If you choose to believe what you read about these coaches, in the media that's fine. It's probably more right than wrong, but that doesn't make it fact and its still just subjective speculation which a lot of people take as gospel. I don't pay attention to it and focus on the players. Its much easier to say player A sucks/is amazing when you can see it than to try and figure out why when you can't.

Lots of players come into the league with talent, most of them will have found some way to showcase it even if they have terrible coaching. Doss hasn't. I know you're not saying he is going to replace anyone, but realistically, as nice as it would be for him to become a decent WR, if Doss does anything more than make the team and return punts, then he has exceeded expectations.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.