Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Congratulations on good draft

I really like what you did. 

First, I was surprised at Bortles pick like almost all of you (I expected Mack, Watkins or trade down), but the more I read about him, more I think he could be a very good QB in the future. I also like the plan of sitting him for a year or at least half the season (I think he could start last 4-6 games), until OL and rookie receivers will gel together.

I like both Lee and Robinson. Lee is very underrated. He would be a sure top 10/15 pick in 2013. I  hope he can stay healthy. Robinson was together with Latimer on my wish list for a taller WR for Seattle (we went other way, but I'm also happy with Richardson and Norwood). He can be a very good red zone target and a solid #2 WR, maybe with potential to be #1 WR.

I feel like Telvin Smith could be one of the steals of this draft. He can be a beast on your defense.

Colvin is also a good value pick. He probably won't play much this season, but can develop into a good CB. He needs to get more strength after his recovery, though.

I don't know anything about your OL picks (I'm bad at evaluating OL talents or better said, I don't like to watch tape of O-Linemen Smile), but Jaguars needed help at guard and center position, so there you go.

I liked Storm Johnson in Fiesta Bowl, but he really needs to work on ball security.

Most of the picks probably won't have an immediate impact in 2014, but that's ok. They were drafted for 2015 and beyond. I think the Jags will be more competitive this season, but it's still a work in progress and they need at least one good offseason (draft and free agency) before they can become a playoff team. But you're on the right way and I feel fans can be really optimistic about this team future. I also think I will jump on Jaguars bandwagon, before it's too late. Smile

Go Gus, go Big Red&Clem, go Jaguars! Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Thanks man, we really appreciate the support.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

I can't disagree with anything you said.  We are fortunate to have an Owner, GM, and HC that are patient in doing things the right way, and are making sound decisions.  The optimism and passion here with the fanbase is exploding like we have not seen it in 18 years.  We had over 6k at the rookie minicamp on Saturday.

Good luck to your team this year.

Thanks and congrats on the Super Bowl.

Thanks. What Gene Smith did to this team is unfathomable and we are finally starting to dig ourselves out of it.

I am more curious to see how Caldwell's 2013 draft class performs in their 2nd year (1st for Joeckel) and if Gratz and Cyprien can take the next step.

I live up in whidbey island and wish the Seahawks fans here were as cool as you. Thanks for the support.

Thank you for the kudos on our draft.

Nice to know you don't consider our draft the stuff of laughing stocks.

Hopefully, Gus and Dave will soon get us to where the Seahawks are now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I can't disagree with anything you said.  We are fortunate to have an Owner, GM, and HC that are patient in doing things the right way, and are making sound decisions.  The optimism and passion here with the fanbase is exploding like we have not seen it in 18 years.  We had over 6k at the rookie minicamp on Saturday.

Good luck to your team this year.

Yes, I've seen reports about 6k people at the rookie minicamp. It's good to see.

I think it's really important that Owner, GM and HC are all on the same page. I've seen in our previous regime, how it is, when GM and HC can't see each other face to face. I don't know much about your GM Caldwell, but from what I have read, he and Gus work well together. I guess Caldwell has the final word in personal decisions, but he probably wouldn't draft or sign players, which Gus or other coaches don't like.

Quote:Thanks and congrats on the Super Bowl.

Thanks. I wish the Jaguars can win one soon too. It's worth waiting for, I will just tell you that. Wink

Quote:Thank you for the kudos on our draft.

Nice to know you don't consider our draft the stuff of laughing stocks.

Hopefully, Gus and Dave will soon get us to where the Seahawks are now.

Why would I?  I've never laughed at other teams drafts. I like some players more than others, I don't understand some picks, when they happened (especially some of ours every year - I usually just watch and wonder who is that guy we just drafted Big Grin ), but teams have more informations about players. Every team wants to do their best. Sometimes things works out good, sometimes don't.

I prefer to laugh at all so called media experts, who grades draft a minute/day after it's over. And then you get the worst grade in the entire draft, when you get Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. Laughing Of course there are also other examples, why that is stupid to do, but they need to talk about something, I quess.

Quote:Yes, I've seen reports about 6k people at the rookie minicamp. It's good to see.

I think it's really important that Owner, GM and HC are all on the same page. I've seen in our previous regime, how it is, when GM and HC can't see each other face to face. I don't know much about your GM Caldwell, but from what I have read, he and Gus work well together. I guess Caldwell has the final word in personal decisions, but he probably wouldn't draft or sign players, which Gus or other coaches don't like.

Thanks. I wish the Jaguars can win one soon too. It's worth waiting for, I will just tell you that. Wink

Why would I?  I've never laughed at other teams drafts. I like some players more than others, I don't understand some picks, when they happened (especially some of ours every year - I usually just watch and wonder who is that guy we just drafted Big Grin ), but teams have more informations about players. Every team wants to do their best. Sometimes things works out good, sometimes don't.

I prefer to laugh at all so called media experts, who grades draft a minute/day after it's over. And then you get the worst grade in the entire draft, when you get Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. Laughing Of course there are also other examples, why that is stupid to do, but they need to talk about something, I quess.

Welcome and thanks for the nice analysis of our draft.  THe majority of us are quite pleased with the way things turned out.

The laughingstock thing is somewhat of an inside joke.  We've got a few of our more intellectually challenged folks around here (well, one anyway) who started a thread during the draft claiming we were the laughingstock.  He has stuck to his guns subsequently, which is pretty funny since he's been challenged to provide any reputable sources who are laughing at the Jaguars, and he's continued to avoid the challenge.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Ok, I get it, thanks.

I've seen mostly positive "grades" for your draft anyway. I hope it's also an "A+" in 2-3 years, when it really matters.

You are very kind.

Drafts are like investments...you hope they go up and don't go bankrupt (Blackmon).  None the less, there is an energy here that hasn't been around since the 90's.  We are hopeful and we are pretty happy with the GM, HC and Owner. 

Well,,,most of us are anyway.

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

Quote:Ok, I get it, thanks.

I've seen mostly positive "grades" for your draft anyway. I hope it's also an "A+" in 2-3 years, when it really matters.

As long as the grades don't flat out tank in a year or three, we're good. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I really like what you did. 

First, I was surprised at Bortles pick like almost all of you (I expected Mack, Watkins or trade down), but the more I read about him, more I think he could be a very good QB in the future. I also like the plan of sitting him for a year or at least half the season (I think he could start last 4-6 games), until OL and rookie receivers will gel together.

I like both Lee and Robinson. Lee is very underrated. He would be a sure top 10/15 pick in 2013. I  hope he can stay healthy. Robinson was together with Latimer on my wish list for a taller WR for Seattle (we went other way, but I'm also happy with Richardson and Norwood). He can be a very good red zone target and a solid #2 WR, maybe with potential to be #1 WR.

I feel like Telvin Smith could be one of the steals of this draft. He can be a beast on your defense.

Colvin is also a good value pick. He probably won't play much this season, but can develop into a good CB. He needs to get more strength after his recovery, though.

I don't know anything about your OL picks (I'm bad at evaluating OL talents or better said, I don't like to watch tape of O-Linemen Smile), but Jaguars needed help at guard and center position, so there you go.

I liked Storm Johnson in Fiesta Bowl, but he really needs to work on ball security.

Most of the picks probably won't have an immediate impact in 2014, but that's ok. They were drafted for 2015 and beyond. I think the Jags will be more competitive this season, but it's still a work in progress and they need at least one good offseason (draft and free agency) before they can become a playoff team. But you're on the right way and I feel fans can be really optimistic about this team future. I also think I will jump on Jaguars bandwagon, before it's too late. Smile

Go Gus, go Big Red&Clem, go Jaguars! Smile

Thanks SeaSea. Glad to have former Seahwaks on our team.

Will Blackmon and Winston Guy were good pickups for us last year, I hope for the same from the new crop of Former Seahawk FA we picked up!

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

Quote:Thanks SeaSea. Glad to have former Seahwaks on our team.

Will Blackmon and Winston Guy were good pickups for us last year, I hope for the same from the new crop of Former Seahawk FA we picked up!

Wasn't Lotulelei a Seahawk too? Do we still have him?

Now we have two more former Seahawks: Red Bryant and Chris Clemons. Jacksonville's defense is going to be called the Seacats.

Quote:Wasn't Lotulelei a Seahawk too? Do we still have him?

Now we have two more former Seahawks: Red Bryant and Chris Clemons. Jacksonville's defense is going to be called the Seacats.

Yes, he was and I think he's still on your roster. A week ago you also signed LB Allen Bradford.

I expect 2 or 3 more Seahawks players will sign with Jaguars after final roster cuts.

As a CU fan and someone that hung out with Paul Richardson on a weekly basis, I can tell you you're in for an electric player.

People pass him off as a Desean Jackson clone but Paul Richardson can play the ball like a rebounder when he's on his game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Russell Wilson's #1 receiver before the trade deadline.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014, 05:40 AM by SeaSea.)

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Russell Wilson's #1 receiver before the trade deadline.

You could be right, but in our system we don't really have a true #1 WR. I think Harvin will have the most catches and receiving yards, IF he can stay healthy all season. I hope he can, but that's very unlikely.

That said, I like Paul Richardson. He gives our offense a new dimension. Before we didn't have a "vertical threat" receiver, now the opponents will have to respect his speed. From what I've seen, he's also a solid route runner (same can also be said about Kevin Norwood so I don't think either of them will need too much time to adapt to NFL). He's also willing to come back to help his QB on broken plays, which could be good with Wilson's playing style and our bad OL pass protection.

Quote:Wasn't Lotulelei a Seahawk too? Do we still have him?

That actually sounds pretty good.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think the hiring of Dave Caldwell raised the needle upward, but its too early to tell.  I think at the end of this season if the team can get 7 or 8 wins and show huge gains with the rookies and the rookies from last year, that will be a huge positive sign for 2015 after that draft the team might be a playoff contender.