Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I can see C. Shorts III/A. Robinson being the starters..

With M. Lee/A. Sanders/M. Brown/T. Doss..

I believe at 6-3 220 pounds A. Robinson can be that be a true number 1..

He has size 42 inch vertical jump which is rediculous..

Speed isnt so great but look at Texans A.Johnson..

Hes not fast but can get seperation same goes for A. Robinson..

Hes not fast but like A. Johnson A. Robinson can also get seperation..

A. Robinson almost reminds of a mix between A. Johnson and Julio Jones..

Good draft Dave.. GO JAGS!!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Cecil and Robinson as the outside guys with Lee manning the slot. I think this particular combo could be deadly.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div> 
</div>
</div>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/vitostellino'>[Image: vito2_bigger.jpg]Vito Stellino ‏@<b>vitostellino</b> </a></div>
</div>
<p class="">Lee will be Z receiver, Cecil X and Ace will be slot receiver.

Quote:With M. Lee/A. Sanders/M. Brown/T. Doss..

I believe at 6-3 220 pounds A. Robinson can be that be a true number 1..

He has size 42 inch vertical jump which is rediculous..

Speed isnt so great but look at Texans A.Johnson..

Hes not fast but can get seperation same goes for A. Robinson..

Hes not fast but like A. Johnson A. Robinson can also get seperation..

A. Robinson almost reminds of a mix between A. Johnson and Julio Jones..

Good draft Dave.. GO JAGS!!!!

hope you mean the old Andre Johnson, but the young Andre Johnson had blazing speed.

I think he can still run a sub 4.5 forty TBH

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Just curious. Who do you think is best suited for the slot? M. Lee?

Quote:I bet Robinson is brought in a lot in goal line and third down situations. I also bet that depth chart changes a lot.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/vitostellino'>[Image: vito2_bigger.jpg]Vito Stellino ‏@vitostellino </a>

Lee will be Z receiver, Cecil X and Ace will be slot receiver.

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="flgatorsandjags" data-cid="206166" data-time="1400032853">

I bet Robinson is brought in a lot in goal line and third down situations. I also bet that depth chart changes a lot.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/vitostellino'>[Image: vito2_bigger.jpg]Vito Stellino ‏@vitostellino </a>

Lee will be Z receiver, Cecil X and Ace will be slot receiver.

</blockquote>
My thought as well

Quote:My thought as well
. I don't know why my texts ends up inside the quote.

Robinson at Z, Lee at X, and Shorts in the slot. Think we see this setup a bunch.

I think they'll rotate them during the pre season and training camp to see who fits where best

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 11:37 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Robinson at Z, Lee at X, and Shorts in the slot. Think we see this setup a bunch.
Historically Cecil has struggled in the slot and played his best outside. I think Robinson is best at outside WR as well. That would leave only the slot open for Lee unless he beats out Robinson as the outside threat.

On a side note...

If Blackmon were to ever get his [BLEEP] together we could potentially have the greatest WR corps in the AFC. Blackmon doing his damage over the middle in the slot with Cecil/Lee/Robinson rotating for outside reps would give opposing defenses fits on game day.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 05-14-2014, 12:02 AM by InmanRoshi.)

I think we're going to see the Fisch utilize   a lot of  4 wides in sub packages utilizing spread concepts, with Lee and Saunders playing opposite slots and utilized in bunch formations, ,and relegate Mercedes to just base packages.    Gus said on the radio this morning that they see  Mercedes as more of a blocker than a receiver these days.  

I've said it many times, but I think the best way to use Lee is out of the slot, in the same way that the Giants uniquely use Cruz to stretch the field from the slot. They kind of pioneered that concept and it has worked amazingly.

I think Lee is a lot like Cruz in that they are more quick than fast, and they are not big and slight framed so they can't really make the physical, contested perimeter catches regularly. 

Robinson at X, Shorts at Z, Lee in the slot. 

Quote:On a side note...

If Blackmon were to ever get his [BAD WORD REMOVED] together we could potentially have the greatest WR corps in the AFC. Blackmon doing his damage over the middle in the slot with Cecil/Lee/Robinson rotating for outside reps would give opposing defenses fits on game day.

Would be nice considering 3 of the previous 4 Biletnikoff trophies reside in Jacksonville.

Quote:Historically Cecil has struggled in the slot and played his best outside. I think Robinson is best at outside WR as well. That would leave only the slot open for Lee unless he beats out Robinson as the outside threat.

On a side note...

If Blackmon were to ever get his [BAD WORD REMOVED] together we could potentially have the greatest WR corps in the AFC. Blackmon doing his damage over the middle in the slot with Cecil/Lee/Robinson rotating for outside reps would give opposing defenses fits on game day.

I just like Lee outside more than Cecil. Not sure how you can say he has historically struggled in the slot. He played more in the slot last year than his previous years combined. Still was only targeted like 12 times (3 in 2012, pff). He hasn't played in the slot nearly enough to come to the conclusion that he struggles.

Quote:I think we're going to see the Fisch utilize a lot of 4 wides in sub packages utilizing spread concepts, with Lee and Saunders playing opposite slots and utilized in bunch formations, ,and relegate Mercedes to just base packages. Gus said on the radio this morning that they see Mercedes as more of a blocker than a receiver these days.

I see this as well.

Quote:I just like Lee outside more than Cecil. Not sure how you can say he has historically struggled in the slot. He played more in the slot last year than his previous years combined. Still was only targeted like 12 times (3 in 2012, pff). He hasn't played in the slot nearly enough to come to the conclusion that he struggles.
For me it is because long speed, size, physicality, contested catch ability, etc is what wins outside...and I don't think Lee excels in any of those areas. 

The slot is where quick, short area explosiveness wins...and that is where Lee wins to me. Line him up across from small nickel corners, or less athletic safties, and let Lee leave them in the dust. Don't let him get bullied outside IMO.

Allen is truly going to benefit playing next to Shorts and Sanders (3 man sets).  In fact, when Lee comes in for Shorts or Sanders, Allen will continue to play as the sideline guy.  If he perfects his backshoulder catch then this guy won't come off the field.