Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I honestly want us to sit Bortles the whole year and secure another top 10 pick

This team will not be picking in the top 10. Too much talent to let that happen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Every game Henne starts I want all of Daves picks to play well and improve but for Henne to end up costing us the game. 

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 11:37 PM by Vino.)

^ Pretty much what I want. Like throwing a game ending interception in the end zone two straight weeks.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We're going into our 2nd season after a complete gutting of the roster. I admire the optimism, but lets see it on the field first.

Barring any injury to Henne I wouldn't be opposed to sitting him at least half the year if not the entire year. I think Henne gives us the best chance to win right away anyways. We won't be a good team but I think we can do better than 0-8 to start the year.

No pain, no gain.

I don't give a rat's *** about picking in the top ten.  We have a capable GM.  We don't have to pick that high to keep improving.  I want this team to win every chance they get and they can put the kid in whenever he's good and ready. Week 2, Week 14. Week 6 of 2016.  I don't care. When he's the best option on the roster - start him. 

Saying you want to see improvement only to lose games is for chumps. A fool's errand. 

I happen to love my hometown and it's NFL team.  Keeping that marriage whole means getting more people in that stadium on Sundays, ASAP.  Winning 7 or 8 games in 2014 will start improving that situation sooner - rather than later.  

As much as I'd hate for another disappointing season, I do know that it would be great to have another top-10 pick. However, it might be best for Bortles to develop on the field during games, not just in practice. There is no better practice than in a real game situation. If Henne's performance is abysmal, and it gets to about halfway through the season, prepare Bortles, and put him in the next possible game. See what he can do, and if all his raw talent can't be displayed on the field. I actually have a blogger post about this: http://developmentaljaguars.blogspot.com...am-of.html

Fans of bad teams die hard.

http://developmentaljaguars.blogspot.com/

http://chat.jacksonville.com/sports/2014...ke-bortles

I don't know if this has been posted or not. Neat little story.

Note the first comment at the bottom. You'll find it familiar.

Quote:I don't give a rat's *** about picking in the top ten. We have a capable GM. We don't have to pick that high to keep improving. I want this team to win every chance they get and they can put the kid in whenever he's good and ready. Week 2, Week 14. Week 6 of 2016. I don't care. When he's the best option on the roster - start him.

Saying you want to see improvement only to lose games is for chumps. A fool's errand.

I happen to love my hometown and it's NFL team. Keeping that marriage whole means getting more people in that stadium on Sundays, ASAP. Winning 7 or 8 games in 2014 will start improving that situation sooner - rather than later.
exactly

Quote:I know some people are against sitting him for too long but I really wouldn't mind it. With the talent on offense we added on offense I think even with Henne we can win 6-7 games. Give Bortles the whole year to sit and learn and get used to NFL speed and let Henne Henne it up and secure us another top 10 pick heading into 2015. We'll have artificially held ourselves back and with another year picking in the top 10 and the amount of cap space we have for next year as well the talent on this team on both sides of the ball could be loaded, especially if Caldwell pulls off another draft like this. 

We'll be way better than our 6-7 win record makes us look, especially if Blackmon comes back, and I could see us seriously competing for a Super Bowl in 2016.
Bortles is going to sit for as long as they feel he needs to to prepare himself.  They're not going to use draft pick positioning as a guide.  When he's ready, he'll play. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]