Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marquis Lee

Quote:I literally don't understand how this guy was graded first round material. I'm hoping the best for him like I did with Reggie Williams but, I don't know. I mean at least Reggie was big and strong. This guy is slow, weak, short, catches balls in his chest, can't play the ball in the air, drops balls, seems to have issues getting on the same page with his QB(could be QB problem, not entirely sure on that one).

I'm literally watching this film baffled by this pick. I wouldn't have picked this guy in the 5th round.

I'm not as high on lee as others either but wouldn't call him a 5th rounder. He's like Jeremy maclin with worse hands but better run after catch ability imo, which isn't bad. He should be good if he can get rid of his body catching and stay injury free.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lee is no 5th rounder, but we also didn't get a steal at 39. This was the right range for him. Lee has one plus trait in his arsenal, and that is his short area quickness. 

He isn't big, he is quick but not overly fast, he isn't very durable, and the next time I see him make a smooth hands catch will be the first time. Always a body catch or an extremely awkward double clutching hands catch. 

Allen Robinson is a significantly better player. We should be thanking our lucky stars that we got him. 

Also, who the heck comped him to Bowe? Yikes, they are basically the antithesis of each other.

I think the obvious comp for Lee is Victor Cruz, both in size and skill set. The Giants basically revolutionized the slot WR position by using Cruz as a deep threat out of the slot, and I think that's what we should do with Marqise. He doesn't have the size or deep speed to be a perimeter deep threat, but get him inside on nickel corners and safeties and then send him deep like Cruz. I think his speed will play up nicely against the less premier athletes and he could be a very good player in that role. 

Quote:Also, who the heck comped him to Bowe? Yikes, they are basically the antithesis of each other.

I think the obvious comp for Lee is Victor Cruz, both in size and skill set. The Giants basically revolutionized the slot WR position by using Cruz as a deep threat out of the slot, and I think that's what we should do with Marqise. He doesn't have the size or deep speed to be a perimeter deep threat, but get him inside on nickel corners and safeties and then send him deep like Cruz. I think his speed will play up nicely against the less premier athletes and he could be a very good player in that role. 

That was me. My comparison was a mix of Bowe and Austin, actually. I see traits of both in Lee. From ProFootballWeekly

Dwayne Bowe strenghs:

-He can make plays on the balls in the air that other receivers can't. (Lee can, too. He has elite "jump ball" skills, despite being 6'0).

-He is not afraid to go over the middle in traffic.

Weaknesses:

-Nobody would call him slow, but it is rare to see him breaking away from corners.

-Drops

Like I said, a Dwayne Bowe / Miles Austin hybrid is not a terrible comparison.

Kyjaggy lately you've been wrong about all kinds of things and yet you still are stating your opinion as undisputed fact.

in a time when even tmd has optimism for the team you come here and pretend you're smarter than everyone else. Lee is a top 15 talent. The fact is that neither he or Robinson have taken an NFL snap yet. So if you are asking who the better player is, its the universally higher rated lee at this time. Maybe Robinson winds up being better. I'd bet against it. But you can't crown Robinson as better based on anything besides your opinion right now. You're the new TMD.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Kyjaggy lately you've been wrong about all kinds of things and yet you still are stating your opinion as undisputed fact.

in a time when even tmd has optimism for the team you come here and pretend you're smarter than everyone else. Lee is a top 15 talent. The fact is that neither he or Robinson have taken an NFL snap yet. So if you are asking who the better player is, its the universally higher rated lee at this time. Maybe Robinson winds up being better. I'd bet against it. But you can't crown Robinson as better based on anything besides your opinion right now. You're the new TMD.
Its a message board, spouting your opinion is like 90% of what goes on here.

On a side note, I agree Robinson looks better. I was almost as excited watching his plays as I was disappointed watching Lee's. Robinson isnt super fast or agile but he seems like a much more natural receiver.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

He looks like a good pick for where he was selected. Those saying he only body catches are exaggerating. He has a good skill set and will hopefully only get better with Sullivan coaching him up.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

I think they're about equal, with Lee having the higher ceiling IMO.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 06:29 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:He looks like a good pick for where he was selected. Those saying he only body catches are exaggerating. He has a good skill set and will hopefully only get better with Sullivan coaching him up.
Yea you can watch his clips and sees he doesnt always body catch, he goes up a gets the ball a lot too.

He had a down year this year but who wouldnt in that situation, Sammy Watkins had a down year last year, in Watkins and Lee three years in college their production is very similar. 

and in all the combine drills Lee out did Sammy in most of them, Lee also has 0 character issues, where as Sammy had the 1 indecent 2 years ago

I said all along Lee has top ten talent and he is the WR we needed, and even Dave Caldwell thought they same seeing as he tried to trade up for Lee.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 06:36 PM by The Mad Dog.)

I agree Robinson looks better too. 

IMO part of the reason the draft started to come together was when we selected Robinson after the Lee pick. I look at it like this - I think Robinson has the talent that pretty much earns the 39th overall pick, whereas I'm not as high on Lee, BUT, I'd be thrilled to get Lee where we actually got Robinson.....so it all worked out. 

You see what I mean?

Quote:I agree Robinson looks better too. 

IMO part of the reason the draft started to come together was when we selected Robinson after the Lee pick. I look at it like this - I think Robinson has the talent that pretty much earns the 39th overall pick, whereas I'm not as high on Lee, BUT, I'd be thrilled to get Lee where we actually got Robinson.....so it all worked out. 

You see what I mean?

Yep you could interchange them if it made more sense to you to draft Robinson earlier, but I'm glad we got both.

I think Sullivan also has Robinson rated higher actually whereas the scouts/Caldwell had Lee higher I think.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Yep you could interchange them if it made more sense to you to draft Robinson earlier, but I'm glad we got both.

I think Sullivan also has Robinson rated higher actually whereas the scouts/Caldwell had Lee higher I think.

Yep, getting both was key. 

I think if Lee returns to last years form (where he was projected to be a top 10 pick) then he is an absolute steal. I'm kinda curious as to what kinda stats Lee and Robinson put up.

Alright......comparing Lee and Robinson is like comparing apples and oranges. They will both be good. I'm glad Lee got hurt this year. I'm glad he had a crappy quarterback. I'm glad the coaching at USC stunk. Otherwise, we wouldn't have him right now. He would have been top 10. Last year (2012), he would have gone top 5. At the beginning of 2013, I had him higher than Watkins who is my favorite player. The 2011 and 2012 Lee is the real Lee......not the 2013 Lee. We are so fortunate that he was unfortunate. Robinson.....he will be the perfect compliment to Lee and Shorts. This is shaping up to be a promising year. We have been lucky. Go Jags.

Looks like Lee specialized in the long jump event for track & field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq2p-nVL9xo

and I'm pretty sure this is him also (same stride):

http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?vid...inals-2011

Threadkiller

We need some "Where's Justin?" shirts this year

Quote:I think if Lee returns to last years form (where he was projected to be a top 10 pick) then he is an absolute steal. I'm kinda curious as to what kinda stats Lee and Robinson put up.

They're both going to get the best coaching available for their position in Jerry Sullivan.  If anyone can help them reach their potential, it's him.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]