Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
11 Cheap American Beers Ranked From Awful to Drinkable

Quote:May I present exhibit A.

LOL - I guess I am a bit of a beer snob. 

Compared to many folks I know that wouldn't drink a Michelob Light with a gun to their head I'm actually pretty tame. 

I actually don't care for a bunch of the stuff that's super trendy with the craft-beer-hipster-set. (super hoppy IPAs and sours)

I lean more toward the classic stuff. Pilsners, Lagers, pale ales, brown ales and lighter stouts. 

But yeah, traveling extensively in Germany and Belgium kind-of ruined me on the mass-produced American pilsners and lagers. Most of them are just to watered-down tasting to me now. I still drink them - but I have my preferences.  If that makes me a snob - I'm fine with that. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do any of you watch Beerland on Netflix or Sling?

That show makes me thirsty

Quote:LOL - I guess I am a bit of a beer snob.

Compared to many folks I know that wouldn't drink a Michelob Light with a gun to their head I'm actually pretty tame.

I actually don't care for a bunch of the stuff that's super trendy with the craft-beer-hipster-set. (super hoppy IPAs and sours)

I lean more toward the classic stuff. Pilsners, Lagers, pale ales, brown ales and lighter stouts.

But yeah, traveling extensively in Germany and Belgium kind-of ruined me on the mass-produced American pilsners and lagers. Most of them are just to watered-down tasting to me now. I still drink them - but I have my preferences. If that makes me a snob - I'm fine with that.

After spending 6 weeks in Germany, it took me quite a while to readjust my tastebuds after I came back home.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2017, 07:17 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:You're right, Michelob is a good beer. I'd forgotten about it. I only drink Rolling Rock when I'm eating. To me, it's the best food beer out there.

I can't drink beer with anything but snack foods. I find it too filling as the main beverage with a full meal.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:May I present exhibit A.

Hell I'll gladly admit to being a beer snob.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2017, 10:34 AM by ociR.)

For you fruity beer drinkers...or drinkers of fruity beer...I noticed that Publix has Leinenkugel BOGO this week.

Quote:I can't drink beer with anything but snack foods. I find it too filling as the main beverage with a full meal.

Agree.  Though I can handle light meals - sub, wings, burger, etc.  I'll sometimes go for an app instead of a plate if having a drink at a restaurant.

Quote:For you fruity beer drinkers...or drinkers of fruity beer...I noticed that Publix has Leinenkugel BOGO this week.

Thanks for the heads up!

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:For you fruity beer drinkers...or drinkers of fruity beer...

Important distinction. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

Quote:LOL - I guess I am a bit of a beer snob. 

But yeah, traveling extensively in Germany and Belgium kind-of ruined me on the mass-produced American pilsners and lagers. Most of them are just to watered-down tasting to me now. I still drink them - but I have my preferences.  If that makes me a snob - I'm fine with that. 

LOL  I must admit that I'm pretty much the same.

Quote:I'm a big Pacifico and Bohemia fan for the south of the border stuff.  (Negra Modelo is good too.)

Which Canadian beers do you like?  I haven't settled on a go-to beer up there really.

Quote:Molson XXX.  Cheap, high alcohol content, usually costs a buck more a 12 pack than Yeungling.  Fosters lager is Australian in origin, but if you pick it up at Publix, it's brewed in Canada.  It's been so long since I've had a LaBatt's, I've forgotten what they taste like, but I think I remember liking one of their high octane cheap ones.

My favorite Mexican beer is also Bohemia, with Negra second.  For the lighter lagers, I'll take a Carta Blanca.  Not much into Corona, but I'll drink one before I take any of them on Drifter's list.

There are great American beers, but they ain't cheap.  I've often wondered why other countries can make inexpensive, drinkable beer and we can't.

SteamWhistle... good one from the great white north.

Alexander Keith has some good ones
Blakes Life Matters