Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We will go to the playoffs this year..

Quote:I love how some of the "usual suspects" are already trying to spin that Henne is anything other than a small step above medicore at QB...it sounds like the plan from some, is that we can keep below average QB play as long as we have a record setting D and great running game...I wonder which is easier to get...

Statistically he was only the 18th best QB in the league last year so I ddon't think anyone debates we need an upgrade. I think we need to remember that there are more important needs though at this point.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Statistically he was only the 18th best QB in the league last year so I ddon't think anyone debates we need an upgrade. I think we need to remember that there are more important needs though at this point.

I am not disputing that there are other needs...but I would argue there is no more important need than upgrading our QB.  I will not be one to scream and holler if we don't take a guy and I will support the team no matter what...but should we pass on a guy at the QB that goes on to be a probowl/franchise level guy Dave's seat should get very warm in my opinion.

Quote:I am not disputing that there are other needs...but I would argue there is no more important need than upgrading our QB.  I will not be one to scream and holler if we don't take a guy and I will support the team no matter what...but should we pass on a guy at the QB that goes on to be a probowl/franchise level guy Dave's seat should get very warm in my opinion.
Henne is just Caldwell's way of making sure not to completely ignore the short term.

Gene Smith had a tendency and it created some teams that were downright frustrating to watch.

Be happy he isn't trying to hang his hat on a bunch of street free agents and undrafted players..

Quote:Henne is just Caldwell's way of making sure not to completely ignore the short term.

Gene Smith had a tendency and it created some teams that were downright frustrating to watch.

Be happy he isn't trying to hang his hat on a bunch of street free agents and undrafted players..

I emphasized the sentence I disagree with.  Signing Henne is not what you think it is.  If the Front Office thinks that Henne can get us through the season it's a bad bet.

What I hope is happening in the Front Office is that they see a window of getting strong/dominant on D.  They are signing guys that have strong potential to push competition for the young players on D.

With that said, I don't see how we can take a QB in the first round.  None of those QBs are real franchise players.  They all have a Geno Smith taint in my eyes.

So let's continue to build on D with the the 3 selection.  Get a QB that can out shine Henne in the 3rd round.  Use the first 2 rounds to solidify the D.

It seems like that's what the Organization is looking to do.

Bridgewater doesn't do it for me.  Manziel isn't a franchise QB for the long run.  Bortles is a reach at the 3rd pick.  

We need an impact player at 3.  A QB at the third pick is an albatross.

Quote:I emphasized the sentence I disagree with.  Signing Henne is not what you think it is.  If the Front Office thinks that Henne can get us through the season it's a bad bet.

What I hope is happening in the Front Office is that they see a window of getting strong/dominant on D.  They are signing guys that have strong potential to push competition for the young players on D.

With that said, I don't see how we can take a QB in the first round.  None of those QBs are real franchise players.  They all have a Geno Smith taint in my eyes.

So let's continue to build on D with the the 3 selection.  Get a QB that can out shine Henne in the 3rd round.  Use the first 2 rounds to solidify the D.

It seems like that's what the Organization is looking to do.

Bridgewater doesn't do it for me.  Manziel isn't a franchise QB for the long run.  Bortles is a reach at the 3rd pick.  

We need an impact player at 3.  A QB at the third pick is an albatross.
I am not getting what you are saying. If you get a QB in the third rd, he's not likely to start immediately, hence Henne. Short term answer. He fits right in with what your are wanting to happen. There really isn't a better option for a season out there. Those guys available aren't very good. Add that to the fact it would take them half a season to get on the same page with thee rest of the team, then all you really accomplish is taking a step backwards at the position. There is no point in doing that when your goal is to go in a completely different direction in the next year or two anyway.

If we get a QB in the 3rd round he is likely to be a younger Henne...we need an impact QB...not a retread, not a below average on his best day QB, not a game manager...we need a QB that can actually win on his arm...not win by not making mistakes.

I guess this is what "jumping the gun" means. Smh

At least we don't have Josh McCown as our starting QB just saying.

Quote:If we get a QB in the 3rd round he is likely to be a younger Henne...we need an impact QB...not a retread, not a below average on his best day QB, not a game manager...we need a QB that can actually win on his arm...not win by not making mistakes.
His name is Teddy. 

We definitely will if we pick up TEBOW, GOTTA HAVE FAITH!

half our offense is unstable including QB, I think not.

No pain, no gain.

I like your optimism, even if your 'reason' (I can 'feel' it...) might not hold up under, shall we say, more rational reflection. I think the team is going in the right direction now. At least we're not having to use draft picks this time just to field a team!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

The team should be better than last year, but you are expecting way too much turn around in one year.  The free agency signings improve the team, but not dramatically.   The draft is obviously going to be the difference maker.