Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Clemons to Visit Jaguars

Quote:Dont post garbage twitter accounts please. 
this 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Your resident Hawk fan here. Really happy to see some of my favorite Hawks from recent years make it over to your team (allegedly).

Chris Clemons had a down year last year following his ACL injury in the playoffs against the Redskins in 2013. In the opinion of many in the Hawk circles he started to returning to form in the latter half of the season and had a great Superbowl. He still has a lot left in the tank and would be a great pickup for value. He is an ideal LEO and is also very stout against the run. He was lost in the shadow of Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril.

Prior to last season he was our only reliable pass rush option. (Irvin had many sacks his rookie year, but they came in bunches).

Trust me. Clem makes your team better. He has a bit surley of a reputation, but is all business on gameday and practice. I was sad to see him go. Had he played in a larger market with the same impact you would have heard much more about him.

Enjoy.

Quote:Your resident Hawk fan here. Really happy to see some of my favorite Hawks from recent years make it over to your team (allegedly).

Chris Clemons had a down year last year following his ACL injury in the playoffs against the Redskins in 2013. In the opinion of many in the Hawk circles he started to returning to form in the latter half of the season and had a great Superbowl. He still has a lot left in the tank and would be a great pickup for value. He is an ideal LEO and is also very stout against the run. He was lost in the shadow of Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril.

Prior to last season he was our only reliable pass rush option. (Irvin had many sacks his rookie year, but they came in bunches).

Trust me. Clem makes your team better. He has a bit surley of a reputation, but is all business on gameday and practice. I was sad to see him go. Had he played in a larger market with the same impact you would have heard much more about him.

Enjoy.
Gus is the man, very telling that he is able to recruit his former players here

Multi-year? I'm guessing that means 3+. For a player on the wrong side of 30 coming off a major knee injury not too long ago? Let's hope there's not much guaranteed. I wouldn't want him to be dead money on the cap from a signing bonus.

Quote:Multi-year? I'm guessing that means 3+. For a player on the wrong side of 30 coming off a major knee injury not too long ago? Let's hope there's not much guaranteed. I wouldn't want him to be dead money on the cap from a signing bonus.
The years dont mean anything in the NFL since contracts aren't guaranteed. Its all about the guaranteed money.

Bucs gave Revis a long and huge contract... now look.

Clemons didn't play much until 2007, despite entering the NFL in 2003. I'm less scared of age in that situation than I would be if, say, he'd spent a few years in the CFL during a time frame where he wasn't active in the NFL.

In today's game, you need a stable of pass rushers.  That works in his favor.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

With another offseason to rehab his ACL injury, I'm hoping he can be fairly productive this year.

Waiting on Schefter with the announcement......
Shock the world

he will be great with clowney then and it will be all clowney

Quote:Waiting on Schefter with the announcement......
Same here, get both of their starting DE's from last year.

love it.. he still has juice in the tank... love that we are getting seahawk players.. hopefully we get thurmond too.

in an interview bradley said he already had 2 leo's.... one being branch of course, but who am I missing that he was talking about as the 2nd one?

Quote:love it.. he still has juice in the tank... love that we are getting seahawk players.. hopefully we get thurmond too.

in an interview bradley said he already had 2 leo's.... one being branch of course, but who am I missing that he was talking about as the 2nd one?
Watson

Quote:Watson
no he was talking about watson being the 3rd if needed

Quote:no he was talking about watson being the 3rd if needed
Ryan Davis?

Quote:The years dont mean anything in the NFL since contracts aren't guaranteed. Its all about the guaranteed money.

Bucs gave Revis a long and huge contract... now look.
I know, but a signing bonus is prorated over the number of years on the contract. I don't want dead money on the salary cap in like 2017 after Clemons has retired or been cut after two seasons.