Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gerhart agrees to terms w/ Jaguars

Quote:no way, toby will have a 1,000 yard season for sure.  he might even approach 10 touchdowns.
optimistic but possible... iirc we havent had a 1k yard skill position player since MJD was the league leading rusher.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not a Gerhart fan but I trust what Caldwell is doing. A lot of RBs can look good relieving AP in the Vikings offense. Anyone ever heard of Matt Asiata? Instead of people saying they don't like Gerhart, how about stating who you wanted more.

I will go first: Andre Brown

Also the Shoelace hype is only hype at this point. I see Gerhart being a good 1-2 punch but I really hope we aren't counting on this slow developing 5th round pick project. I would trade a late pick for Sproles to be the other part of that punch. Pierre Thomas just got extended so Sproles will be cut and available soon if we don't want to give up a "ham sandwich".
i cant say he's been slow developing since he was never gonna win the starting job in minn to prove anything... nor would anyback in league now or even the last 10 years imo... playing behind ap would make anyone look like they are slow developing if all your looking at is playing time.

Quote:if you are saying Jennings isn't good, then you don't know what you are looking at. He played very well for the Raiders last year. He had a down year his last with the Jags, and it cost him. Otherwise, he played well here, too. He should be a 1000 yard RB for the Giants, pending major injury. 
Gerhart is not good but Jennings is? HAHAHHAHAHHA . Just stop Mr. Cecil Shorts is a Robot. 

Quote:Todman gets one start, has 100+ yards and a TD, started in preseason had big games.... the dude has warranted some sort of respect, he took every opportunity he got and made something out of it.

This

Quote:i cant say he's been slow developing since he was never gonna win the starting job in minn to prove anything... nor would anyback in league now or even the last 10 years imo... playing behind ap would make anyone look like they are slow developing if all your looking at is playing time.

I was referring to Denard Robinson as slw developing project. I think Gerhart exceled in his role in Minnesota. I just worry that AP had softened the opposing D's up a little.

Quote:I was referring to Denard Robinson as slw developing project. I think Gerhart exceled in his role in Minnesota. I just worry that AP had softened the opposing D's up a little.
ahh yeah i read that wrong lol... yeah ill agree with you on that... robinson needs to be turned into a spoles type back but his hands need alot of work... as for turning him into a legit up the middle back, i think that boy is gonna need alot of HGH or something lol.... he seems to be able to take a pounding, but he isnt big enough yet IMO.

Quote:ahh yeah i read that wrong lol... yeah ill agree with you on that... robinson needs to be turned into a spoles type back but his hands need alot of work... as for turning him into a legit up the middle back, i think that boy is gonna need alot of HGH or something lol.... he seems to be able to take a pounding, but he isnt big enough yet IMO.

I agree that I don't ever see Shoelace being an up the middle back.  I think Sproles would be a great mentor for Shoelace, he could teach him so much. I have been a Sproles fan for a while but I am most impressed with his durability. I would love our running game with Gerhart, Sproles, and a sprinkle of Shoelace. I still think someone is going to get a great deal on Andre Brown. You can't count on him for 16 games but when he is in there he his very fast for his size.

Quote:I agree that I don't ever see Shoelace being an up the middle back.  I think Sproles would be a great mentor for Shoelace, he could teach him so much. I have been a Sproles fan for a while but I am most impressed with his durability. I would love our running game with Gerhart, Sproles, and a sprinkle of Shoelace. I still think someone is going to get a great deal on Andre Brown. You can't count on him for 16 games but when he is in there he his very fast for his size.
the more i think about shoelace being a sproles type back the more i like it... the guy is durrable for the most part and explosive if u can get him in open feild... i think the problem is like i said earlier, hands... if we can get him to be a more reliable blocker when he is not running routes and evolve his hands, i could see that guy being a monster to deal with.

Quote:the more i think about shoelace being a sproles type back the more i like it... the guy is durrable for the most part and explosive if u can get him in open feild... i think the problem is like i said earlier, hands... if we can get him to be a more reliable blocker when he is not running routes and evolve his hands, i could see that guy being a monster to deal with.
What's kind of funny is a lot of people expect Sproles to be Gerhart's replacement in Minnesota. A reunion with Norv Turner and they really need a 3rd down back with Gerhart gone. Either way I am sure our backfield is far from complete for the upcoming season.

Quote:optimistic but possible... iirc we havent had a 1k yard skill position player since MJD was the league leading rusher.

Toby Gerhart is our Michael Turner.  He'll do big things. 

Gerhart and Shoelace are destined to be a dynamic tandem.  :teehee:

[Image: 460x.jpg]

Quote:Gerhart is a short yardage back, this could give MJD a chance to ease his load and I think they have intentions on mixing Denard in there and having sort of a RB by committee.

From what I've seen of Gerhart, this is not the case (short yardage back). He's deceptively quick and has good power and break away ability. My main question is if he can hold up as a starter over the course of a season.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">LOVE this signing. Cannot say how excited I am about this.
</span>

Quote:Toby Gerhart is our Michael Turner.  He'll do big things. 

Thats a good comparison all round really.

Fingers crossed.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Tony Boselli says the "scheme" talk is much ado about nothing. He says our running game utilizes both zone and man schemes.

Quote:Toby Gerhart is our Michael Turner.  He'll do big things. 

I'll take it

Quote:Tony Boselli says the "scheme" talk is much ado about nothing. He says our running game utilizes both zone and man schemes.

I think this true to a certain point. Most teams do use both schemes but heavily lean on one more then the other. I think the Jags will be heavily geared towards the ZBS but still will obviously implement some Gap scheme stuff.

That's why a guy like Beadles makes sense because he is more of a zone than gap scheme guy. Either way he will still have to do both.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Gerhart has been trending on twitter for hours. Pretty popular dude.

Quote:Toby Gerhart is our Michael Turner. He'll do big things.
this