Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Love the awsome job Caldwell has done..

Hey...long as everyone's happy..(Dave and Ozzie)  I'm happy.

We got the draft picks remember?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The games I saw with Monroe and the Ravens he played very good. Very good.
Got a buddy who is a Ravens fan and he said Monroe was a beast for them. He hates Oher and loves what Monroe has done fkr them.

Quote:Monroe got 37.5 million /5yrs /19 guaranteed

Beadles got 30 million /5yrs /12.5 guaranteed

I guess it depends on what you mean by "same type of salary."    Monroe certainly would not have signed for what we gave Beadles.  
7.5 mil total and 6.5 mil Guaranteed is a huge difference  and can definitely not be labled as "the same salary".    That Math thing escapes some of you.

The guy signs a couple of bums and as usual the board over reacts. The BG trade is the only move worth noting

Quote:The guy signs a couple of bums and as usual the board over reacts. The BG trade is the only move worth noting
I didnt know you got signed by the Jags

Quote:The guy signs a couple of bums and as usual the board over reacts. The BG trade is the only move worth noting
Red Bryant , Gerhart and Beadles are far from Bums.  I think you should stick to watching the NBA because you are clearly clueless when it comes to the NFL.

Love the acquisitions so far and Thurmond and Clemens would be great signings too, regardless of age. If nothing else its immensely helped our draft strategy where we can really go for the BAP and not (so much) have to focus on addressing nearly every position. Will be very interesting to see who we take at 3.

I'm particularly excited to see how Gerhart does. He's always looked good when I've seen him get a chance to play, and he couldnt have learnt from a better RB. He seems like a perfect fit.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 06:07 AM by Predator.)

You bring in some young hungry free agents who are trying to establish themselves, and let the cream rise to the top. Sprinkle in a few veteran role players and you basically have the same formula that Coughlin used to successfully build the jags the first time.

As long as Caldwell drafts a little better and doesn't get impatient and mortgage the future for one shot like Caughlin, I think he can have somewhat sustainable success.

I think it is a sound approach. We just have to wait and see if he can execute it.

Quote:Got a buddy who is a Ravens fan and he said Monroe was a beast for them. He hates Oher and loves what Monroe has done fkr them.

Maybe I'm wrong. I watched a couple of games and he didn't perform well in the ones I watched, but I'm going from memory.

Monroe is the best LT the ravens have had since Jon Ogden. Regardless, I'm happy with joeckel.
No commercial messages in sigs

Didn't even go after Revis Island.  Typical Jaguars.