Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does watching Seattle excite you about what the Jags are building?

Quote:That comment isn't even worth dignifying with a response.
Did he call Kam just a guy?

Oh my...

Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How so? Because I don't think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread? Or because I'm not following the media bandwagon? Besides Earl Thomas, nothing about that Secondary strikes me as incredible.

Quote:How so? Because I don't think they're the greatest thing since sliced bread? Or because I'm not following the media bandwagon? Besides Earl Thomas, nothing about that Secondary strikes me as incredible.
What has Richard Sherman done in the last two seasons (besides, perhaps, his post NFC Championship game rant) to make you think he is "nothing incredible?"

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:What has Richard Sherman done in the last two seasons (besides, perhaps, his post NFC Championship game rant) to make you think he is "nothing incredible?"
Sherman is the 2nd best player on that Secondary no question, but I'm of a firm belief that Earl Thomas makes far more of a difference then most people realize. His pure ability at the deep middle FS lets Sherman + crew do what they do. He is the reason they can play that Cover 3 with such great success. It's what lets Kam roam around and make plays. Thomas is what lets the DBs press because he can cover sideline to sideline.

Now I don't deny Sherman's ball skills at all. He originally went to Stanford as a WR and obviously never lost the ability to track the ball, as his PDs and INTs speak for theirself.

Quote:Wasn't he rooting for the hawks?

Yeah,, he was rooting for the Hawks.

I was just commenting about his post where he said "Seattle wasn't winning or making any Superbowl the way they had been playing." And, "watching defensive battles is like watching paint dry."

Paraphrased,,,, slightly

Eric1 = TMD?

Huh

Quote:And the glue that holds them all together and makes that Secondary what it is..............................

Earl Thomas - 1st Round Pick, #14 Overall.

Those other 4 are just guys. The least talked about person in that Secondary (Thomas) is by far the best player on the entire team.
just guys? lol 3 playrrs that are the best at their position

I think a 43-8 drubbing gives kind of a clear indication that the secondary might be pretty good, just saying. 

I really like the fact that we run the same defense as Seattle. Same philosophy as well. I noticed all year that we didn't blitz a whole lot and Seattle, yesterday, also barely even blitzed. They really rely on that front 4 and those stunts that we run. With that said we need to draft some DE's with speed!
Shock the world

I agree Thomas is a big factor, maybe the biggest but those other guys are not just average guys.

Quote:just guys? lol 3 playrrs that are the best at their position
I'd assume by you saying 3 of them are the best at their position, you're talking about Earl Thomas, Kam and Sherman. Earl Thomas is the best at his position no question. Kam and Sherman, I don't think they are the best at their position. As for Thurmond and Browner, they are definitely just guys. I think it speaks more for the coaching really. Those coaches ability to take those guys and to continuously develop them for their scheme.

Another telling thing about that Secondary (besides Earl holding down the fort) is the fact that they've all been healthy for the past 2 seasons. All 3 of those guys have played and started every game these last 2 seasons. There's definitely no denying the chemistry that, that group has. Which we all know team chemistry is huge in this sport.

Quote:  

He actually posted in the who are you rooting for thread that he was rooting for Seattle because he hates Manning.
Yeah, but in other threads he has made it a point to tell us how Seattle's formula won't win the super bow, i.e. the jags were stupid to hire Bradley.

He hedges so regardless of the outcome he will have a reason to hijack every thread praising himself and bashing the jags.

He is a flamer. It's his schtick. Inciting arguments on message boards is what pleasures him most here, not discussing football. He uses the board to fulfill his narcissistic needs.

Don't be so naive.

Quote:Carroll's got no class, and his team is a reflection of that as he has no control of it. After Seattle got the game winning INT, you see Sherman and other idiot Seahawks running around doing the "choke" sign and acting ridiculous. 

You don't see that stuff on a tight ship like the Belichick Patriots or Coughlin's Giants in a similar situation. 
Carroll allows players to be who they are and he does not try to change their personality or aggressiveness by shackling them with overbearing demands! I do agree there is a limit and displaying a choke sign during a game should not be tolerated by any team. I will not agree that Carroll has no class because I don't know if he address the issue in the locker room after the game.  If he has no problem with the choking sign then your statement deserves some merit.