Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tinfoil hat time. What if Gabbert "gets it" and becomes a pro-bowler?

Quote:I believe if Gabbert is going to put it together and be an NFL starter, 2014 will likely be his best chance. Hopefully sitting most of the year has made him hungry. Maybe he has matured and will not be so skiddish in the pocket. Honestly, im rooting for the guy. Just last night my buddies were ragging on me because I was all aboard the Blaine Gabbert train when we drafted him.

Going into last year Gabbert was as hungry and motivated as it gets. It's not a matter of effort when it comes to Gabs. He could do everything you ask of him and 10x more, but the man simply will never be able to feel pressure. He'll never "get it." It's beyond time to move on. We all need to face the simple fact that they guy is absolute trash. Maybe he can eek out a career backing up somewhere, but I'm certain he'll never start again outside of an injury situation.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Going into last year Gabbert was as hungry and motivated as it gets. It's not a matter of effort when it comes to Gabs. He could do everything you ask of him and 10x more, but the man simply will never be able to feel pressure. He'll never "get it." It's beyond time to move on. We all need to face the simple fact that they guy is absolute trash. Maybe he can eek out a career backing up somewhere, but I'm certain he'll never start again outside of an injury situation.
I agree.  Gabbert lacks the basic pocket awareness good QB's have. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Going into last year Gabbert was as hungry and motivated as it gets. It's not a matter of effort when it comes to Gabs. He could do everything you ask of him and 10x more, but the man simply will never be able to feel pressure. He'll never "get it." It's beyond time to move on. We all need to face the simple fact that they guy is absolute trash. Maybe he can eek out a career backing up somewhere, but I'm certain he'll never start again outside of an injury situation.

Hey, the knock on Gabbert was he doesn't stand up and get the snot knocked out of him in order to complete the forward pass. Now, you are saying the knock on Gabbert is he stands in the pocket and gets the snot knocked out of him trying to complete the forward pass.

You make one bad observation...I assure you Gabbert feels all the pressure the opposing defense is able to dish out. He feels it in his ribs. He feels it in his shoulders. He feels it in his back.

Gabbert feels all kinds of pressure.

Who can blame him for turtling up?

When you fail to protect the quarterback he becomes gun-shy. When the quarterback becomes gun-shy he turtles up to protect himself.

When the quarterback turtles up you know why. He isn't being protected. He's being molested by the opposing defense. Offensive linemen do not allow their quarterback to be molested, except here.

We kill quarterbacks. You just want to bring on the next victim.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Gabbert in a red shirt in practice

[Image: 512x.jpg]

Gabbert in a game with a pass rush coming

[Image: deer-in-the-headlights.png]

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Gabbert in a red shirt in practice

[Image: 512x.jpg]

Gabbert in a game with a pass rush coming

[Image: deer-in-the-headlights.png]
lol, Bambi Gabbert

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Yeah.  Definitely a deer in headlights under pressure.   :confused:   Very doubtful he can change that. 

Next topic series should be "What if Bryan Anger can really throw a football, and that's why Gene drafted him but told nobody, and intended to have him sit for a year and goes on to be a pro-bowl QB."

Seems just as likely tbqh.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

if this happens the fabric of space and time has been shredded and we all have maybe a week to live.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 09:42 PM by jaguarmvp.)

Quote:Hey, the knock on Gabbert was he doesn't stand up and get the snot knocked out of him in order to complete the forward pass. Now, you are saying the knock on Gabbert is he stands in the pocket and gets the snot knocked out of him trying to complete the forward pass.

You make one bad observation...I assure you Gabbert feels all the pressure the opposing defense is able to dish out. He feels it in his ribs. He feels it in his shoulders. He feels it in his back.

Who can blame him for turtling up?

When you fail to protect the quarterback he becomes gun-shy. When the quarterback becomes gun-shy he turtles up to protect himself.

When the quarterback turtles up you know why. He isn't being protected. He's being molested by the opposing defense. Offensive linemen do not allow their quarterback to be molested, except here.

We kill quarterbacks. You just want to bring on the next victim.
You gabbert lovers are a little delusional.  Tell that to Ben Rothlesburger, Rodgers, Joe Flacco, and even our own Chad Henne  all have bad offensive line problems and they are players who stand in the pocket tough and make that throw knowing he is going to get hit.  Gabbert see's ghost out there. Gabbert expertise is curling up in the fetal position or running to the sideline for a negative play.  Playing QB is a big part of mental toughness.  He don't have it.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014, 11:07 PM by Jungle Cat.)

Teddy the Turtle? Johnny Turtle? Bortles the Tortoise? 

Not bad. I hope they have their track shoes packed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKqXu-5jw60

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:Aaron Rodgers is the most complete QB in the league IMO. I think yall keep forgetting hes still in the league. He's never really had great players around him, especially along the offensive line, but he's consistently winning games he shouldn't. Great arm, decision making, and he has elite pocket awareness. Very fun to watch him play. I wish the defense would've stepped up against San Francisco.

Manning and Brady are your prototypical pocket passer QBs. Brees is a pocket passer as well, but not prototypical. Those are my 4 elite qbs.
Except the legions of great wide recievers he has had over the years. Rodgers is elite, no doubt, but he has talent around him. I also agree that he is there with Brees, Brady, Manning. These guys have all been doing it awhile, and their teams always seem to be in the playoffs (with the exception of the Saints last year, but I think any QB would be hard pressed to get that mess to the playoffs, much less 7 wins like Brees did, substitutes Alex Smith for Brees and that team would have been league worst.)

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:...I assure you Gabbert feels all the pressure the opposing defense is able to dish out. He feels it in his ribs. He feels it in his shoulders. He feels it in his back.

When I talk of the need for a QB to feel pressure, I'm talking about sensing pressure before he's hit...not actually feeling it after he's hit. Gabbert simply has no clue when there's a defender breathing down his neck. You'll see take sacks where he had no idea a defender was coming just as much as you'll see him tuck the ball and run from nobody. He just doesn't have what it takes to play at this level. Jonathan Quinn was the same way.

'02

LOL at this whole thread.  If you can't see Gabbert just doesn't have IT then you are blind. Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder blind! 

Quote:Hmmmm. I think we need to hear from Rico on this one, but I suspect that you are correct that Blaine's transition to the PBA will be a tough one.
Josh Scobee is a 200+ average bowler.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Gabbert or ten or eleven foil.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]