Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How well did the Head Coach perform this season?
Great, excited about next year
Good, he did the best he could with the talent
Average, other coaches might have done more
Poor, bad at least one (time mgmt, player dev, play calling, etc)
Failure, in all aspects should be fired
[Show Results]

Rank the franchise

Quote:This is not the same hb1148 that I remember when I first joined the board 4 years ago. I mainly remember you giving out warnings to people like there was no tomorrow. Big Grin

You know me, I always try to stay pretty negative. Smile In all seriousness, I'm still concerned about the outlook of the team from a business standpoint, but I feel like getting back to being a regular playoff contender and some of the work Lamping is doing will go a long way towards helping with team revenues.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The owner is the 5th richest NFL owner according to Forbes, and the team is $50 million below the cap.  The market is small, and the stadium doesnt sell out (covered seats) but I'm sure its turning a profit.  It did make me wonder if that is why the Euguene Monroe trade to Baltimore occured knowing he would want more money next year.

Quote:You don't think Khan had any input at all? If Khan wanted to spend for Kelly or Reid, one of them would be here. Caldwell likely picked Bradley based off of the amount they were willing to spend on a coach. Bradley was chosen from similarly likely priced candidates. Reid and Kelly were coaches that topped out at 6+ MIL per year. I don't think Khan wanted to spend that much on a coach, especially because he was eating Mularkey & Gene's contracts. 
you think a billionaire cant spend a couple more mil to have his toy work better? It surely wasn't a money issue.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:I gave them all good grades.

The GM came in and cleaned house. He gutted the roster and overhauled the coaching staff.

They took a good rookie class and a bunch of "nobodys" and doubled their win total of last season.

Since I have no idea of what the future holds, I can only judge on what's happened, and for that I give very high grades.
Couldn't have said it better myself

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

I like it when the record is brought up like with one offseason Caldwell and Gus were going to go undefeated with the Jags roster.  The hammer gets brought down on what Gene Smith did, but when Caldwell is trying to tear it down and build it back it's supposed to be overnight. 

So far all three have done a good job.

Huh

Quote:I like it when the record is brought up like with one offseason Caldwell and Gus were going to go undefeated with the Jags roster.  The hammer gets brought down on what Gene Smith did, but when Caldwell is trying to tear it down and build it back it's supposed to be overnight. 

So far all three have done a good job.

Butkus. 

Quote:Butkus. 

Great player.

Huh

Quote:Great player.

True, and a comedic misuse.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Gus is a good guy. His energy filters down to all levels of the Jaguars. Caldwell made some solid moves, although nothing to brag about, i'll take that after watching Gene for the past few years. The owner is making this the "Hottest ticket." 4-12 with no blackouts... nice work.

2014 should be another exciting year with more ups that downs if can get a good pass rusher in the upcoming draft..

Go Jaguars!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Depending on the QB and RB situation, we'll either be picking in the top five again next year in 2015 or we'll probably be in the middle of the pack. As far as grading people, I'll wait. It's a four year plan at the minimum.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I ranked average pretty much across the board.  There was improvement in the 2nd half of the season but the team was so bad it was impossible not too have some improvement. At the end of the day I really can't give them any higher than average because we did go 4-12.  The Talent level was lacking so it is understood the expectations were set that high.  The coaching staff was awful the first half of the season IMO.  They did come back after the bye week and show improvement. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 10:41 PM by dennisp3.)

Quote:You don't think Khan had any input at all? If Khan wanted to spend for Kelly or Reid, one of them would be here. Caldwell likely picked Bradley based off of the amount they were willing to spend on a coach. Bradley was chosen from similarly likely priced candidates. Reid and Kelly were coaches that topped out at 6+ MIL per year. I don't think Khan wanted to spend that much on a coach, especially because he was eating Mularkey & Gene's contracts. 
How about we post facts and not random thoughts with no basis in reality! (If Khan wanted to spend for Kelly or Reid one of them would be here) Fact or Ficton! (Kelly or Reid would have taken the coaching job) Fact or fiction. (Khan didn't want to spend the money for Kelly or Reid because he was eating Mularkey and Gene's contract) Fact or Fiction.  This post is a COME ON MAN!