Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone Following The Story On The Brain Dead Girl And Her Family In California?

Quote:I was going to go there, but decided to just skip it and hoped he'd see it himself. One of the reasons I replied to it. For the sake of posterity.

Jeebus. So much for dignity.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I could tell them to unplug myself before I could ever tell them to unplug my child!!!

I knew that about you. Sad

In essence, taking one of my children off life support would essentially be taking myself off life support

I can understand that these parents are holding out hope that their child will somehow miraculously come back to them. All they ever had to do was Google "brain dead comes back to life" and there are many stories that somehow they can conclude (or pray for) that maybe there is the possibility of a .0001% chance. I wouldn't even need that high of odds.

<div> 

Quote:But relatives said doctors in Kennewick told them the crash had left her brain-dead, or at least, with no brain activity.

</div>

http://www.kgw.com/news/Brain-dead-Washi...35108.html

Quote:Doctors believed she had suffered irreversible brain damage and was on the point of death, but it later came to light that she was in fact in a deep drug-induced coma.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ny-woma...-harvested

The problem I have is ... It may be 100% true that this young girl is beyond recovery of any kind, and I understand it will have little to no emotional impact on the lives of people like us that do not have a connection to her in any other way than being human. ... But she "IS" their little girl. That Mommy gave birth to her, a little tiny baby. She has probably been Daddy's little Princess as her entire life, a reason for life itself ... Mommy & Daddy should be afforded the patience it takes for them to come to terms that their prayers, constant tears and hope beyond all hope may be nothing more than extending the pain for not only them, but her entire family, and friends.

Please, if ever I have to be the Daddy to ultimately be forced to make this type of life ending decision, I would pray that people allow me the time I will need to harvest the strength, as well as understanding of the medical conclusion that I would be in search of to make that final decision. Which ultimately would as well be like signing my own death warrant.

If it were any of you having to go through what this family is going through? I would as well wish we all would error on the side of affording you and your loved ones the time you would need as a family to build the strength it will ultimately take to turn your child's life off.

PS, I know you're not "that" callous Mad Dog. Smile

Very nice and good move on what the Schiavo family is doing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/02/fam...vo-family/

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

I can't read this!

Huh

Quote:Kramer was right. She should have went to Tor. 

sorry too soon?....
Pretty sure you were just complaining about people lacking a moral compass these days? Projecting?

Quote:Very nice and good move on what the Schiavo family is doing.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/02/fam...vo-family/

Although I think it's beyond hope, that's easy for me to say. I just hope they get her to a facility soon, before the politicians and other "moralists" grab ahold of this poor girl for their own purposes, if they haven't already. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Having spent a lot of time in California, I have found that most girls out there are brain dead.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Pretty sure you were just complaining about people lacking a moral compass these days? Projecting?
It's ok when he does it, apparently.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

(This post was last modified: 01-02-2014, 09:08 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:It's ok when he does it, apparently.

If I made jokes like that as the norm rather than the exception, maybe you'd actually have a point. 

My problem with society today is that the the "norm" is such low brow crap. 

Quote:Although I think it's beyond hope, that's easy for me to say. I just hope they get her to a facility soon, before the politicians and other "moralists" grab ahold of this poor girl for their own purposes, if they haven't already. 

I agree with getting her to a facility soon.  I read once she is transferred, a doctor will provide 24-7 hour round clock care.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.