Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Ace Sanders
[Show Results]

Rate the Jags Rookies

If there was any way HaHa Dix could fall to us, or we trade up to get him... Would be incredible.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:To add on, Cyprien is a guy that reminds me of Brian Dawkins with the way he flies to the ball carrier. We can only hope he's a playmaker and a leader like Dawkins was

Brian Dawkins is a soon to be Hall of Fame Free Safety, but I fail to see the comparison with Cyprien?  When I saw Cypriens profile from the draft the announcer compared him to Kam Chancellor, SS Seattle. I think he could be as good as Donovin Darius if not better as he progresses but that will depend on who his supporting cast is from the pass rush to FS.  In order to be a really great safety you have to have good communication with your counterpart safety & a pass rush doesnt hurt either.

Josh Evans is the current Free Safety since Gene's FS had to be benched, but Josh used to be a RB they really need a great FS!

Quote:If there was any way HaHa Dix could fall to us, or we trade up to get him... Would be incredible.

Neither will happen. Plus there are far greaer needs to take at the top of the 2nd.

Looks like 4/5/3 is gonna win..........what did I have? Winner winner chicken dinner

(-:

Quote:Brian Dawkins is a soon to be Hall of Fame Free Safety, but I fail to see the comparison with Cyprien?  When I saw Cypriens profile from the draft the announcer compared him to Kam Chancellor, SS Seattle. I think he could be as good as Donovin Darius if not better as he progresses but that will depend on who his supporting cast is from the pass rush to FS.  In order to be a really great safety you have to have good communication with your counterpart safety & a pass rush doesnt hurt either.

Josh Evans is the current Free Safety since Gene's FS had to be benched, but Josh used to be a RB they really need a great FS!

Cyprien is different from Darius. Darius made most of his tackles against the run. Cyprien looks to be a guy that makes a lot of his tackles on receivers.

That's where he reminds me of Dawkins; They're both always around the ball carrier. What Cyprien needs to work on is being around the ball before it gets there.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

As good as Darius was and Chancellor is; Cyprien is more flexible than a strict box strong safety like those guys because of the amount of ground he can cover. He (not saying he WILL develop into these guys) is more in the Bob Sanders/Troy Polamalu mold but with more size

Quote:As good as Darius was and Chancellor is; Cyprien is more flexible than a strict box strong safety like those guys because of the amount of ground he can cover. He (not saying he WILL develop into these guys) is more in the Bob Sanders/Troy Polamalu mold but with more size
Bob Sanders is a good comparison to what Cyprien's ceiling is.

Bob Sanders is a Hall of Famer if he just stays healthy.

Sanders (3) was just OK as a kick returner, and needs work as a receiver, although he wasn't totally lost at the position.

Cyprien (3) started slow, and didn't make many significant plays, even in the latter part of the season. H
e did improve as the season progressed, and hopefully that will continue. But to compare him to Bob Sanders at this point is laughable.

Gratz (4) had a lot of injuries, but looked like a starting CB when he was out there. Getting a starter at a key position in the 3rd round is a plus.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

People forget the majority of Bob Sanders plays were in the run game. He was very, very, average in coverage and frequently got scorched.

Quote:People forget the majority of Bob Sanders plays were in the run game. He was very, very, average in coverage and frequently got scorched.

I never saw Bob Sanders play back far enough to get torched often. Are you sure you're not thinking of Melvin Bullitt?