Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Offseason Thread***

Quote:I've been thinking about this Johnny Jaguar thing...  He's listed at 6'1", so he's taller than Russel Wilson...  And I could see alot of Wilson in Manziel's game...  The issue really becomes, do we think that he can stay healthy and is this the type of QB we want long term?

Plus, there's only so long a QB can be a running QB before he has to learn to sit in the pocket and make his reads...

Either way, the Manziel thing is beginning to intrigue me
It's up to the coaches to coach him out of the running QB thing. 

And part of Manziel's running was planned QB keepers by play call at A&M.

Part of it was is amazing ability to escape the pressure when the Oline fails. THAT is something we need here while we retool and rebuild our oline I think.

Can he make the NFL throws? Yep. Will he be successful in the NFL. I think so.

My concern with Manziel isn't will he hold up or can this staff train him to be more of a pocket passer. My concern is, is he ready to be a man and take that next step into the NFL.

The interview process should give Caldwell his answer there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I've been thinking about this Johnny Jaguar thing...  He's listed at 6'1", so he's taller than Russel Wilson...  And I could see alot of Wilson in Manziel's game...  The issue really becomes, do we think that he can stay healthy and is this the type of QB we want long term?

Plus, there's only so long a QB can be a running QB before he has to learn to sit in the pocket and make his reads...

Either way, the Manziel thing is beginning to intrigue me
Im just not convinced Caldwell is a small running QB guy. I mean his teachings come from the clots and ATL and they have the tall big arm QBs. Why pick up Stanzi when you had Scott. Tall big arm QB. Why did he pass on some of the QBs last year in the draft. Why is he keeping BG. Why did he did he say if our guy isnt there we will go a diff direction. I think he does not believe in the RG3 Wilson type and will probably pass on Johnny Football. Bortels is a gopod pick if he can get him in the 2nd round, but not sure he will fall that far. Is just my opinion base on what Caldwell has done and said. Remeber Not Even If Released.

Quote:This thread needed a bump..

I still like Manziel as a Jag.. Now more than ever.. The kid can ball..

I hope Cleveland or whoever doesnt try to Jump us.

Quote:I hope Cleveland or whoever doesnt try to Jump us.
ITs possible with the extra first round pick they got form the clots for Richardson.

Quote:Im just not convinced Caldwell is a small running QB guy. I mean his teachings come from the clots and ATL and they have the tall big arm QBs. Why pick up Stanzi when you had Scott. Tall big arm QB. Why did he pass on some of the QBs last year in the draft. Why is he keeping BG. Why did he did he say if our guy isnt there we will go a diff direction. I think he does not believe in the RG3 Wilson type and will probably pass on Johnny Football. Bortels is a gopod pick if he can get him in the 2nd round, but not sure he will fall that far. Is just my opinion base on what Caldwell has done and said. Remeber Not Even If Released.

Interesting take on Caldwell, I can see where you are coming v from. Now I was looking at the Bradley angle... if he wants to instill the hawks of the east, Johnny Jag would be quite enticing to him, don't you think?

But your right, it will be Caldwell's decision

Quote:Where do the Jags go from here?

Blackmon -- I can only assume he is heading to Colorado on January 1

Quote:Blackmon -- I can only assume he is heading to Colorado on January 1

I though he was a drinker...he a smoker too?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:<sub>UMMMM can we san NOOOOO official offseason thread gimme a break like this is supposed to be on here for 6 months and 1,233 pages long????</sub>

<sub>This is getting GOOFY!!!!</sub>

Tell whoever is holding the gun to your head and making you read this thread to knock it off!! :thumbsup:

Quote:<sub>UMMMM can we san NOOOOO official offseason thread gimme a break like this is supposed to be on here for 6 months and 1,233 pages long????</sub>

<sub>This is getting GOOFY!!!!</sub>

Quote:Tell whoever is holding the gun to your head and making you read this thread to knock it off!! :thumbsup:

Don't listen to her and just keep scrolling if you know what's good for ya.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Don't listen to her and just keep scrolling if you know what's good for ya.

This just made me choke on my bagel chip!! :thumbsup:

Quote:This just made me choke on my bagel chip!! :thumbsup:
Quick someone call Jessie Palmer!!!

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2014, 11:39 PM by dtroxtell.)

If I had a wish list here is what I would think we could use

Offense

WR     J. Blackmon

TE      M Lewis

LOT    L. Joekel

LG      M Oher (FA Ravens)

C       A Mack (FA Browns)

RG    U Nwarneri

ROT   A Pasztor

TE     B Pettigrew (FA Lions)

WR   E Decker (FA Broncos)

QB AJ McCarran (Draft 2nd rd) or T Boyd (Draft 2nd Rd)

RB C Hyde (Draft 3rd rd ) or best available RB

Defense

LDE T Alualu

DT S Marks

RDE  A Branch

OLB J Clowney (Draft 1st rd)

ILB  P Posluzsny

ILB G Hayes

OLB B Spikes (FA Patriots) Florida Gator alumni

LCB D Gratz

RCB  W Thurmond (FA Seahawks)

SS J Cyprien

FS T Brooks (Draft 3rd rd) Florida State Senior

Use remaining draft picks for depth and competition for other positions

I get that distinct feeling that Fisch isn't going anywhere and will be resigned to a new contract.. He would have been let go already.. Right? 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

@dtroxtell the issue with taking Boyd in the second round, he will most likely go first round. Id say top 3 picks in the draft for qb is Boyd, Bridgewater and Manziel  respectively. I would like to see Tahj Boyd as our QB, but with any pick and any QB no matter who it is, they have to prove themselves. We could (hypothetically) get Peyton Manning from FA and sign him to a contract, people would say, oh smart move on Jags' part based on speculation and stats. However, if he were to fail to perform, whether it be age, schedule difficulty, or an off season, what has been accomplished? I can see the Jags taking at number three one of three players, Bridgewater, Boyd or even Watkins. While yes, having a good QB is important, having competent targets and relieving a worn out run game is just as, if not more, important. I mean, we could have a QB who never skips a beat and is 100% accurate in high school, college and has a high QBR entering draft and if the recievers are incompetent, then that's a waste of money.