Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Position after Tenn Loss

We should get another 3 starters next year in our first 3 rounds - and then hopefully with the next 7 picks, one player overproduces and ends up another solid starter.  4 starters in the draft would be good.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:However it would guarantee we don't pick Teddy Bridgewater or Jadaveon Clowney. Are you willing to take that risk to get a higher second round pick?
well, personally i don't want Clowney. I'd want Barr.

And I'd be willing to risk moving down and gaining an extra pick because I really don't think the drop off is as big as many claim from Teddy to other guys.

Quote:well, personally i don't want Clowney. I'd want Barr.

And I'd be willing to risk moving down and gaining an extra pick because I really don't think the drop off is as big as many claim from Teddy to other guys.

I know nothing about Barr, but if reports Clowney is a slacker in practice (which he publicly admitted) are accurate, that is a big red flag to me.

(This post was last modified: 12-28-2013, 01:54 AM by archer56.)

Quote:I don't know about that. Most teams can't afford to trade up for a quarterback and they would not be 4-12 if only one position needed an upgrade. But I would not be surprised if someone did that.

Now that I think about it, maybe we should root for the Giants so that we get the #35 pick instead of #40 in Round 2. What do you think?
facedes, this is exactly what i was talking about earlier when I made the post that i wished if washington won we'd get the third pick still (given everyone lost out) and not the second, so that when the rotation came up, washington would go to the bottom and we'd get the second pick in the second round. 

Quote:<div>
I know nothing about Barr, but if reports Clowney is a slacker in practice (which he publicly admitted) are accurate, that is a big red flag to me.

</div>
 While I'd love a great pass rusher like him, I have to Completely agree. All the reports coming out saying that he is lazy and cares more about money than football bother me, I'd rather take Barr who atm is projecting as one of the best players in the draft. He seems more versatile than cloweny as well so I'm sure if Gus and crew can get branch to look good i can only imagine what they could do with bar. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:This is exactly what I was talking about earlier when I made the post that i wished if Washington won we'd get the third pick still (given everyone lost out) and not the second, so that when the rotation came up, Washington would go to the bottom and we'd get the second pick in the second round. 

But being #2 in Round 1 prevents us from being leapfrogged by another quarterback-hungry team like the Browns, who have extra picks to trade. The Rams will want to trade down to #5 for picks and the Browns wll want to beat us to a quarterback, so #3 is a dangerous spot to be in.

Quote:But being #2 in Round 1 prevents us from being leapfrogged by another quarterback-hungry team like the Browns, who have extra picks to trade. The Rams will want to trade down to #5 for picks and the Browns wll want to beat us to a quarterback, so #3 is a dangerous spot to be in.
while i agree the danger is very much there, What is your opinion on this, say we're going to draft a qb in the first 100% and the texans didn't take teddy, Would you trade the farm in the 2015 draft (1st and 2nd and whatever else u think it would take between this years draft and next years as long as it's not the 2nd rounder from this year) to get the qb and take the hit next year, making the assumption that our draft position no matter what next year, won't be anywhere near the top like it was this year?  I almost find that worth it if St Loius would take it. But Like you said, The browns have two firsts this year and not knowing st louis's board there's no way to tell if they'd rather have two first this year, or two firsts next year. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:while i agree the danger is very much there, What is your opinion on this, say we're going to draft a qb in the first 100% and the texans didn't take teddy, Would you trade the farm in the 2015 draft (1st and 2nd and whatever else u think it would take between this years draft and next years as long as it's not the 2nd rounder from this year) to get the qb and take the hit next year, making the assumption that our draft position no matter what next year, won't be anywhere near the top like it was this year?  I almost find that worth it if St Loius would take it. But Like you said, The browns have two firsts this year and not knowing st louis's board there's no way to tell if they'd rather have two first this year, or two firsts next year. 

I would not trade a second round pick, a future draft pick, or multiple draft picks for any player unless I know as a fact that is the only way to get him and I am trading from near the bottom of a round to the near the top of that round. And even then, I would only trade the minimum a team accepts.

Quote:Easily. I wanted the Jaguars to play much better than we did all year and make the Broncos work for it. I did not root against the Jaguars at all, just wanted Denver to win. That is not the same as hoping we lose. Do you understand?

Tankers hoped we lose every week for draft pick reasons. I wanted Denver to win for playoff reasons. Big difference. It was only one game.

Like Frailbones, you totally missed the point that this is only one game and I was not rooting against the Jaguars for draft pick reasons. How does hoping the Broncos win to avoid falling behind the Chiefs, who were still undefeated, make me a traitor? Every other week we lost, I was mad that we lost.

Denver did not suck before Peyton. Tim Tebow won a playoff game and was given the starting job before he became trade bait. Now let's not derail the thread with stupid arguments about that and just talk about the worst teams in the NFL.
Wow.... just.... wow.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 04:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

To the people that were saying that the Rams wouldn't risk trading out of the #2 pick because they somehow were afraid of losing Matthews (LOL!!)  (Jagswoman was one of, I think)

Uhhhh, OOOPS. 

per rotoworld: 

Rams GM Les Snead "made it clear" Sunday that St. Louis is "open for business" with the No. 2 overall draft pick.

The Rams have an extensive history of trading down and stockpiling picks under Snead, and hope to do so again with a choice that could easily turn into Jedeveon Clowney, assuming the Texans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater at No. 1 overall. Per King, Snead would "like to get an extra first-rounder out of the deal if possible." Snead would obviously love for another quarterback's "stock" to rise ahead of the draft, perhaps Fresno State's Derek Carr.

Quote: 

To the people that were saying that the Rams wouldn't risk trading out of the #2 pick because they somehow were afraid of losing Matthews (LOL!!)  (Jagswoman was one of, I think)

Uhhhh, OOOPS. 

per rotoworld: 

<div>Rams GM Les Snead "made it clear" Sunday that St. Louis is "open for business" with the No. 2 overall draft pick.

The Rams have an extensive history of trading down and stockpiling picks under Snead, and hope to do so again with a choice that could easily turn into Jedeveon Clowney, assuming the Texans draft Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater at No. 1 overall. Per King, Snead would "like to get an extra first-rounder out of the deal if possible." Snead would obviously love for another quarterback's "stock" to rise ahead of the draft, perhaps Fresno State's Derek Carr.

</div>

Sick burn?

Quote:Sick burn?
Or just an idiot reporting old news.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 04:59 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Sick burn?

coulda been us enticing teams into a bidding war for the pick.....but ya know....we had too get sum wining kulture by beeting some ekwallee badd teems, right? 

It just keeps getting more depressing. 

Quote:coulda been us enticing teams into a bidding war for the pick.....but ya know....we had too get sum wining kulture by beeting some ekwallee badd teems, right? 

It just keeps getting more depressing. 

Cool story bro.

You are aware that NFL teams never lose on purpose, right? Like ... NEVER.

Also, if you don't like seeing your team win ballgames then stop watching football. Teams win from time to time ... try and brace yourself.

You're Welcome.

Quote:Cool story bro.

You are aware that NFL teams never lose on purpose, right? Like ... NEVER.

the Colts and Texans waive hi to you with their shiny new stud QB's....

Quote:coulda been us enticing teams into a bidding war for the pick.....but ya know....we had too get sum wining kulture by beeting some ekwallee badd teems, right? 

Wow. You sure have one up on us.