Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You know what I would love more than just a normal win against the Bills?

Quote:I don't think an occasional blowout win is too much to ask for. Especially with the level of competition we face in this 2nd half of the schedule. I wish we could have saved this 2nd half schedule for when we really could have used it. I don't think I ever remember an easier 8 game stretch of opponents. Not even in 1999. 

I don't think our team is capable of blowing out anyone.   Not this year.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is the NFL...  unless you have a QB that can exploit every offensive rule that is in place and then actually get the Referee to make the calls you should be happy with wins.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:This is the NFL...  unless you have a QB that can exploit every offensive rule that is in place and then actually get the Referee to make the calls you should be happy with wins.

I agree for the most part, and am happy with wins. 

Although, the above is a pretty good argument (probably unintentionally) for "tanking" and getting the #1 pick.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 11:23 AM by MoJagFan.)

TMD...  Is there any QB out there other than Manning that benefits more from the offensive rule changes?  This current era of football was purposefully setup for his play changing and diagnosis abilities.  Overall I think Tom Brady gets more than his fair share of cry baby referee calls but man Peyton wrings everything possible out of the rules.

Chuck rule emphasis and everything that Polian did while with Indy is still benefiting Peyton.

EDIT:

So I wasn't really going the tank for teddy route honestly.  I don't think a QB in this draft can be up to a fraction of the Manning level.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I don't think our team is capable of blowing out anyone.   Not this year.  

And you were the one who said, "All I want is a blowout." So I guess even a win Sunday will not make you happy.

Quote:And you were the one who said, "All I want is a blowout." So I guess even a win Sunday will not make you happy.

No, I was not saying I want a blowout.   I was making fun of people who say that now.  Notice the quotes around "All I want is a blowout." 

And I don't know where you got the idea that a win would not make me happy.   A win would make me very happy.  

Quote:No, I was not saying I want a blowout.   I was making fun of people who say that now.  Notice the quotes around "All I want is a blowout." 

And I don't know where you got the idea that a win would not make me happy.   A win would make me very happy.  

I said that because it looked to me like you were saying you will only be happy with a blowout win.

I agree. And boy, talk about a few wins changing expectations. Now we want blowouts?

The last time I looked the Bills were favored by a couple of points.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

People are expecting blow outs? Our offense has one of the worst DVOA's (efficienies) of all time. Dont hold your breath. 

Really a trap game? Who's caring if we win or lose, in the media?

If this game is a blowout -  it will likely be a blowout in the Bills favor.  The injury report is shaping up rather grimly for the Jags.  Barring a major break-out performance from the Jags back-up RBs - or a large turnover differential  -  I don't see the Jags pulling off a victory.  

We could have blown out Houston I thought when we were up 14-0 but we play conservative and that isn't necessarily a bad thing but it's a different game when you aren't 100% confident in what's on the field.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:The blowouts will come after we get a new quarterback, center, guard, tight end . . . Did I miss anyone?

Basically, we have to be completely rebuilt to start blowing out opponents.
I'm all for a better O-Line and QB, but a TE? I think we're fine with Lewis and Harbor.

Quote:I'm all for a better O-Line and QB, but a TE? I think we're fine with Lewis and Harbor.
Lewis isn't a long term option IMO.

Quote:If this game is a blowout -  it will likely be a blowout in the Bills favor.  The injury report is shaping up rather grimly for the Jags.  Barring a major break-out performance from the Jags back-up RBs - or a large turnover differential  -  I don't see the Jags pulling off a victory.  

Yep. starting to side with the 2nd post above. Injuries are mounting. Not good. 

mounting at a good time though,as good as injuries can be, we have seen the postive play and seen where this team could go. the injuries we have right now seem to be pretty mild and should not impact on the off season and next season.

Though I am in no way a favour of tanking if we are going for a qb or de, with top tier talent like barr clowney and bridgewater on the table a higher pick could not hurt 

nonetheless if we can win with no shorts and mjd that says alot for todman robinson brown and sanders

i'm happy whatever way this goes, just looking forward to the game