Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD's Injury Status

Read an article saying that MJD went on SiriusXM Radio and stated that he he will "definitely" be able to suit up against the Buffalo Bills Sunday.

That's always been the plan," Jones-Drew said. " Right now, I mean, I just want to make sure everything is on track. And then we'll see how it goes next week but I expect to be out there playing with my teammates."

"It's what we, I think, what we figured out was just a strained hamstring," Jones-Drew said.  "I've played with those before so it's not that big of a deal.  You just have to get the necessary treatments and things done so you can get back and get on the field for Sunday."

What do you guys think? Do you think it's a risk for MJD to play on a strained hamstring? I know he's done it before, but that's when he was younger. He could potentially hurt it even more, and that's a pretty big risk considering he's probably going to be getting a new contract for 2014.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

My guess is they'll play him only for one and two yard punch-throughs.

Let him sit out of practice this week and get lots of therapy/massage etc and he'll likely be good to handle the ball 10-12 times.  

The Bills will give up rushing yards.  (24th in the league against the run - 124 yds per game)

If they van manage 12 touches for MJD 12 for Todman maybe 3 or 4 for Robinson if the line is blocking well enough to feel confident throwing him out there.  

That could get it done. 

I would like to see more of Todman against the Bills

I agree. After this week, our long shot of making the Wild card has been reduced to just a half step above impossible. Let Mojo rest this week and give him anywhere from 10-15 carries. Let Todman get some reps and lets also see if Robison can finally put things together. I think he has potential, just needs more work and experience. He could be a McCluster type player for us (Ace is already in that role, but two couldn't hurt, right?). 

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:I agree. After this week, our long shot of making the Wild card has been reduced to just a half step above impossible. Let Mojo rest this week and give him anywhere from 10-15 carries. Let Todman get some reps and lets also see if Robison can finally put things together. I think he has potential, just needs more work and experience. He could be a McCluster type player for us (Ace is already in that role, but two couldn't hurt, right?). 
I agree, he should just have limited reps this week unless he feels 100%. Todman (imo) is a very explosive RB and can be a weapon. They should fit Denard in also, probably could be used for screens or direct snaps with proper blocking.

Quote:He could be a McCluster type player for us (Ace is already in that role, but two couldn't hurt, right?). 
He'll be quite different from Ace as he learns the RB position better, IMO.  Similar in the explosive acceleration category - but Denard will be able to finish plays  stronger. He's already bulked up some since becoming a Jag. 

I hope it works out that way. 

Quote:I would like to see more of Todman against the Bills

Agreed. I feel that Todman is more than capable of being productive...

MJD has enough time to heal but I'd still give Todman Much More carries to ensure that MJD continues to heal...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Dennard just doesn't look like he is seeing the holes like the other rbs. Credit that to playing QB so much. Would like to see him used more on passes out of the back field like New Orleans uses Sproles
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Being that mjd got hurt on a Thursday nite game the extra days will help a lot !
Cali got the Oranges ..Jacksonville got the Drew !!

Nothing worse than pulling up lame in a prime-time game. Maurice can't afford to miss time. He is fighting off the assumptions that his career is about done while signaling he's in contract negotiations.

Just get in a very warm tub of Epsom Salts and soak for a while, Maurice.

Barkley swore it extended his NBA career by five years.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:I would like to see more of Todman against the Bills

Can Todman handle the bulk of the carries?

I am going to this game so it will be very disappointing if MJD can't play.

Quote:Being that MJD got hurt on a Thursday nite game the extra days will help a lot!

The only good thing about Thursday night games.

Quote:  "You've got to be patient," Jones-Drew said. "You don't want to reinjure it. I've been doing treatment all weekend.  We'll see how it goes later in the week when we test it out on Friday.   Try to get the scar down."

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
  "You've got to be patient," Jones-Drew said. "You don't want to reinjure it. I've been doing treatment all weekend.  We'll see how it goes later in the week when we test it out on Friday.   Try to get the scar down."

</blockquote>

Nice Quote.  MJD is a pro.  He'll know how hard he can go on Sunday.  The way he has been finishing his runs have been monster.  I love the way he still tries to plow down the last tackler when he hits the edge and is losing room to the sideline.  That dude still has the heart and I would rather he not over do it this week.  I'm sure he and the coaching staff will adjust properly this week in terms of his touches.

Quote:Agreed. I feel that Todman is more than capable of being productive...

MJD has enough time to heal but I'd still give Todman Much More carries to ensure that MJD continues to heal...

NH3...

Maybe I'm just too much of a fan, but there are times when I see Todman make a play where I see his burst that shows promise.  I'd honestly like to see more of him now as the season is winding down.  If JT can actually show progress and explosion over the next three weeks, couldn't we scratch off a need pick for RB in this draft?  

Here's hoping he gets more touches as the season winds down.  I still want MJD back next year, I'm just saying I'd like to see if we got something worth exploring as a 1-2 tandem in MJD and JT.