Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is our QB next year?

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 05:00 PM by archer56.)

I Think there will be a couple of Qb's coming up just like last year on the NFL.com draftboards and we'll get a better idea, the only catch is this year quite of few of them actually have the opportunity to get drafted this time.

Also on a side note, I was thinking about the Texans need at LB since whatever his name is Tore his ACL again, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take Barr being the best player in the draft, and a position of need for them since they're having issues the past few years with their LBs staying healthy. The more I think about it, the more that seems like it would be an excellent move for Huston.

Also bortles for president

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:  Vick is almost done, he has some left in the tank but too inconsitent and his style of play will cause him to be injured just look at RG3..
Solely as a backup. I would think you guys are going to throw whoever you draft into playing right out of the gate. It should be interesting to watch.

Quote:I said "stop gap"...not franchise QB!!!...Maybe you went 88 MPH and bumped your head

LOL, I can't drive 55, that's for sure... Maybe 88 is a bit beyond me! All kidding aside those 2 QBs would carry a cost that would create them to not be a stop gab, but a direction. In my opinion. I don't think we bring in Jay Cutler as a stop gap because he will demand too much money. Vick would only be a stop gap in terms of if we draft a running QB and we decide to go down the rabbit hole of a zone read type offense, which I would not like to see.

Both those QBs would extent our search for a real franchise QB. In my mind, a stop gap QB is a Josh Freeman/Chad Henne type that can fill the spot untill we get a franchise QB. Vick and Cutler just don't fit that type of mold.

Quote:Vick is almost done, he has some left in the tank but too inconsitent and his style of play will cause him to be injured just look at RG3..
This is my thoughts on Vick, he's an exciting player, but he's not the type of QB I'd want for my franchise. Also, his style of play isn't something that I would want my developing QB to follow. I don't want a Keapernick/RGIII/Mariotta type QB that is run first pass second.

If you bring in Vick as your "stop gap", then you're saying that the future of the QB position on the team is based on a running QB system. I don't want that.

I want a pass first QB. But that's just me.

I want Cutler.

He's good.  Not elite, but a lot of players are not elite.  He will "only" be 31 - giving him a good 5 years left in the tank. 

I don't think we should discredit him.  Get him and we have our QB.  Drafting a rookie is more than likely not going to turn out better than having a guy like Cutler.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Whatever we do, we should try out Stanzi/Scott in the last game (unless we are still mathematically in it...although if it was up to me, they'd be playing right now.

Quote: 

LOL, I can't drive 55, that's for sure... Maybe 88 is a bit beyond me! All kidding aside those 2 QBs would carry a cost that would create them to not be a stop gab, but a direction. In my opinion. I don't think we bring in Jay Cutler as a stop gap because he will demand too much money. Vick would only be a stop gap in terms of if we draft a running QB and we decide to go down the rabbit hole of a zone read type offense, which I would not like to see.

Both those QBs would extent our search for a real franchise QB. In my mind, a stop gap QB is a Josh Freeman/Chad Henne type that can fill the spot untill we get a franchise QB. Vick and Cutler just don't fit that type of mold.

This is my thoughts on Vick, he's an exciting player, but he's not the type of QB I'd want for my franchise. Also, his style of play isn't something that I would want my developing QB to follow. I don't want a Keapernick/RGIII/Mariotta type QB that is run first pass second.

If you bring in Vick as your "stop gap", then you're saying that the future of the QB position on the team is based on a running QB system. I don't want that.

I want a pass first QB. But that's just me.

Vick wouldn't be coaching the rookie, he'd be trying to win games as the starting QB. The coaches would coach, they'd tell Vick to take off and run if he can, and then when he does, they turn to the rookie and tell him "You are not Mike Vick, don't try and act like him when you go in to play."

I am trying to trade a third for Mallet.  That is just how I feel. 

Quote:I am trying to trade a third for Mallet.  That is just how I feel. 

Trades with the patriots never work out well.

The Jaguars should just find someone worth drafting with whatever pick the patriots would demand. (if they're even willing to trade him... Brady isn't getting any younger)

Quote:Trades with the patriots never work out well.

The Jaguars should just find someone worth drafting with whatever pick the patriots would demand. (if they're even willing to trade him... Brady isn't getting any younger)

True.  I am just saying they need to try whatever they can to get a guy that could end up being a franchise QB.  I wouldn't trade anything higher than a 3rd rounder for Mallet though.  Maybe a 3rd and one of those 4th rounders. 

I think the Redskins gameplan is to play Cousins in hopes that he does really well these last couple games and then they can trade him for some picks. If he does play well, I would love to put a package together to get him. Draft Barr with our first rounder, a playmaking TE in the 2nd and then Cousins at QB next year. I like.

Quote:I think the Redskins gameplan is to play Cousins in hopes that he does really well these last couple games and then they can trade him for some picks. If he does play well, I would love to put a package together to get him. Draft Barr with our first rounder, a playmaking TE in the 2nd and then Cousins at QB next year. I like.
I really like this idea but at this rate if the jags keep winning Barr will be of the board when we draft. I think we might be able to get Khalil Mack though

Quote:I'm officially off the "tank" bandwagon. After watching the team this Thursday I came away a changed man (FBT also wrote a great post). I think Gus is building a culture of winning and that IS more important long term than playing for draft position; for the benefit of not only the organization but more importantly the fans. Still, I cannot deny the QB situation scares me. Do you guys think we will spend and get a guy like Cutler, continue with Henne and play the waiting game, or do we draft someone (who?) The next couple of months should be very interesting. 

Well, if you believe what the others here are saying, it shouldn't matter who our QB is next year. We have built a culture of winning already with these impressive wins against Weeden and the Browns, Fitzpatrick and the Titans, and Keenum and the Texans....right?

Quote:Yes, for the most part he is....

Thats what has me impressed with the job Bradley is doing. Its not easy to win 4 games in 5 attempts (I don't care who the opponent is) with QB of Henne's level. 

It is no coincidence that the teams we've beat had QBs playing at a lower level than Henne.

Quote:People are coming out of the woodwork now beacuse it's the end of college season so the new distractions start up. Think of all the QB's that showed up last year that no one had even heard talked about until the draft season and the combine rolled around.  As soon as the senior bowl hits we'll end up seeing even more Qbs that people didn't talk about. If you want an idea on all the Qb's that might come out go to a mockdraft website and just look at the Qb rankings and it gives you an idea of all the seniors coming out that no one talks about either.

IMO at least people started noticing him before the end of the season and not just right before the combine.

They are coming out of the wood work because the Quarterbacks not named-Teddy Bridgewater has fallen. If you think back to last season, this draft was pretty hyped up for QBs (aren't they all?). Then, the QBs come down to earth. Mariota went back to school. Hundley still looks as raw as ever. Murray and Mettenberger are injured. Only Manziel has improved from the hyped QBs from the off-season. With all of those guys falling and the number of QB-needy teams in the top 10, it is only natural that people start looking.

Only a few here paid attention to the other QBs because we were at the bottom of league and were projected to take #1...which Bridgewater is the projected QB#1. It's no different than the DE talk. For awhile, it was Clowney (if we didn't go Teddy). Now that we are slipping back in the standings, Barr and more specifically...Mack is now entering the conversation.

What are opinions now that we are going to be drafting at 3. 

2nd rounder, maybe even 3rd. 

Quote:What are opinions now that we are going to be drafting at 3. 

I think a rookie drafted in the first or second will be starting at QB before the end of the season next year. 

This guy is pretty accurate:

http://youtu.be/n58bFRauLL4

Gus and crew need to give Ryan Aplin a tryout. Sunbelt conference player of the year consecutively and never given a shot. It can't hurt to give the guy a real look. He is better than most of the other Qbs available.