Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bradley comments

Quote:While I don't think Gus has even a remote shot at getting the award, the article does bring up a salient point; shouldn't the coaches who have done more with less actually be more deserving of the award? I mean, they are the ones that are working harder at producing a quality team, not the ones that walk into a situation loaded with talent and simply need a few tweaks and some fresh air.

I don't know if Gus has done a better job than Reid or Payton, but I do know that he has a whole lot less talent on his roster than those two other coaches.

Heck yea, great view

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This is PR. Fisch is bungling on obvious NFL levels.

Before we fire Fisch, let's see if he can teach the WRs to run a route beyond the first down marker.

Give Fisch a chance to correct his own incompetence.

Gadget plays are a sign of weakness in the NFL.

Clueless

I don't think any other Coach has done more with such a train wreck of a team.

New owner, three coaches in what 3 years, staff turnover, roster in chaos  and no clear leader on the team itself.

He was a MAN to step in and try to make something of the Jaguars. and he's actually doing it.

Thank You Khan, for hiring Gus and Caldwell.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:This is PR. Fisch is bungling on obvious NFL levels.

Before we fire Fisch, let's see if he can teach the WRs to run a route beyond the first down marker.

Give Fisch a chance to correct his own incompetence.

Gadget plays are a sign of weakness in the NFL. 

You write for the Onion, don't you?

At first I just thought you were an idiot, but at long last I've finally caught on and realized that all your posts are sarcasm - a subtle take on low IQ message board posters. 

Very well done.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Because the plays he said are his favorite ARE indeed his favorite. Who the hell do you think you are to tell him which plays he should like and not like.

Your power trip borders on psychotic.
The more I read, the more I enjoy and agree..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:The more I read, the more I enjoy and agree..

I agree.  You need to keep reading.  It delays out senility.   :pirate:

By  the way I just read your sig.  I'm not insane.  I'm a Jacksonville Jaguars fan.  I believe that makes me a masochist.  There is a difference, you know.

Quote:I agree.  You need to keep reading.  It delays out senility.   :pirate:

By  the way I just read your sig.  I'm not insane.  I'm a Jacksonville Jaguars fan.  I believe that makes me a masochist.  There is a difference, you know.
Pain is pain, whether it's mental or physical.. Good or bad..

I'm just here to continuously remind people how insane they are.. Don't mind me..

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Gus will get laudatory comments from the sniffy national sports press as long as he continues to beat teams that are bottom feeders (AFC).  Not until we trounce a tier one team will he be praised as a coach truly on the rise.  

Quote:Gus will get laudatory comments from the sniffy national sports press as long as he continues to beat teams that are bottom feeders (AFC).  Not until we trounce a tier one team will he be praised as a coach truly on the rise.  

That day will come Mr. Biscuit and a GOOD day it will be.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Interesting thread, hopefully it won't degenerate into another fight.

Gus for COTY: I agree with Jingo I think it was who said 7-9 is needed to enter that arena. Reid's team is showing cracks but he's definitely a candidate; Payton's Saints still carry the stain, I think, plus they aren't getting through Seattle up there; Jim Schwartz could be a dark horse and Bill Belichick is lurking, having turned that team into an effective contender and Rex Ryan is still 2 feet (haha) short of a yard. It's still early, obviously, much remains to play out.

Best Play of the Year: presumptive of JW to override someone else's opinion but anyway, the Sanders-Todman play, IMO-IMO-IMO JW, was lights out the best...so far.

Fisch- to me, jury is still out until the EOY. Based on my millions of years of watching pro football, I kinda agree that gadgets are a sign of something and strongly feel that gadget plays will blow up big time eventually. The occasional one is OK BUT...maybe this is the new NFL, one which is devolving into fantasy football stats and, gulp, gadget plays. Maybe Fisch is on the cutting edge of the new style NFL offense.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Pain is pain, whether it's mental or physical.. Good or bad..

A little pain is good for you. It lets you know you're still alive. Smile

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Blackman strip sack for me because it was the first time in a long time I believed we could win

That was special to me especially as Fitzpatrick had them moving

I don't think you can overlook the start of the season

The turnaround has been awesome but regardless we started 0-8

I don't think that's coty material especially against Andy Reid regardless of roster talent

To my mind its between Reid and Payton

Quote:Blackman strip sack for me because it was the first time in a long time I believed we could win

That was special to me especially as Fitzpatrick had them moving

I can't help but comment on the gravity of that ^  and a few other plays.  As much as I hate to parrot an O-Zone entry - Oehser hit this one on the screws. 

The Jags have found a way to position themselves to make plays to win these 4 games. (or to seal the win when it was in jeopardy) 

And then they have made those plays.  What a refreshing change. 

Unlikely candidates have stepped up and made impactful plays to win or secure these victories .  I think this is an important dynamic to note - and I think it speaks well of our new staff of coaches.   That Blackmon F/FR/TD is a perfect example.  The Ryan Davis INT is another.  Cecil's TD with :40 ticks left is in there too - especially given his number of drops this season. The Geno Hayes INT fits as well despite Schaub's bad decision.  He stayed home in coverage when Schaub tried to make him bite on the out route.