Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Teams Currently With 5 Wins or Less

Quote:Winning will also help in attracting free agents to Jacksonville. Caldwell seems to know how to work the free agent market/waiver wire for role players, and it would help if he could get his top targets. I'm a happy camper. Go Jags!

That is one reason I have been saying every week we need to win, not lose, to get better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That is one reason I have been saying every week we need to win, not lose, to get better.

Yes and it would attract the RIGHT kind of free agents here.....those that value winning most.....not just scoring the big paycheck.

Quote:Yes and it would attract the RIGHT kind of free agents here.....those that value winning most.....not just scoring the big paycheck.

I don't think Caldwell would offer a huge salary to any player he does not think can be a long-term solution. He probably will look for guys who value wins more than money in the offseason.

As long as we never get another Aaron Ross or Hugh Douglas.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:As long as we never get another Aaron Ross or Hugh Douglas.

Sheeeet, Hugh Douglas was the worst........it was he I was thinking about when I said "not just trying to score the big paycheck". We gave him a paid vacation when we signed him. Then he had the gaul to talk trash about us. I cannot see Caldwell signing someone like him.

Quote:Sheeeet, Hugh Douglas was the worst........it was he I was thinking about when I said "not just trying to score the big paycheck". We gave him a paid vacation when we signed him. Then he had the gaul to talk trash about us. I cannot see Caldwell signing someone like him.

That is exactly what Jason Babin did when he got here: he talked trash about the Eagles, who had just cut him. But we all love the new barber in town because he can actually play, unlike Douglas.

I totally forgot we ever had a guy named Aaron Ross.

Quote:That is exactly what Jason Babin did when he got here: he talked trash about the Eagles, who had just cut him. But we all love the new barber in town because he can actually play, unlike Douglas.

I totally forgot we ever had a guy named Aaron Ross.

That is true. Jason Babin has been playing pretty well and always bring energy to the field. Got to give Gene a little credit for this one haha

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

Quote:That is true. Jason Babin has been playing pretty well and always bring energy to the field. Got to give Gene a little credit for this one haha

At the time people were surprised Gene picked him up because of how he left the Eagles. Those people deserve to get their hair pulled out lol.

Quote:Winning will also help in attracting free agents to Jacksonville. Caldwell seems to know how to work the free agent market/waiver wire for role players, and it would help if he could get his top targets. I'm a happy camper. Go Jags!

Quote:Yes and it would attract the RIGHT kind of free agents here.....those that value winning most.....not just scoring the big paycheck.

I am not so sure this end of season winning will be enough to attract the type of FA you speak of....

At the time of FA, Our QB situation will still be unsettled. We likely aren't getting our QB until the draft, which is after most of the FA will already be gone. 

So, I'd say the 2015 offseason would be the first offseason that we could start to acquire the type of FA you speak of. 

Quote:I am not so sure this end of season winning will be enough to attract the type of FA you speak of....

At the time of FA, Our QB situation will still be unsettled. We likely aren't getting our QB until the draft, which is after most of the FA will already be gone. 

So, I'd say the 2015 offseason would be the first offseason that we could start to acquire the type of FA you speak of. 

David Caldwell has already signed free agents who want to win. Who do you think Sen'Derrick Marks is? How about Alan Ball? He knows how to find the right players.

Quote:Jets, Bills, Browns, Steelers, Texans, Raiders, Redskins, Giants, Vikings, Packers, Bucs, Falcons, Rams, Chargers and us. That's 15 teams. I am getting the feeling that we will not be picking in the top ten.

Three of our losses were to the raiders, rams and chargers. Makes you wonder if we played them now what would happen? And who would have thought we'd sweep the 'horns? Much less the giants ,falcons  and squealers would be down so low.

Quote:Im getting the feeling that I honestly don't care. If Gus can win with Henne at QB then that bodes well for us for a very long time.

He's credited over and over by the players and last night pregame Jeff Lageman said he had never seen a coach like Gus in all his years in football.

Absolutely right! By winning and NOT tanking I bet some great free agents will want to come here just to play for Gus. Sometimes money is not what somebody wants .  A good free agent can go anywhere and get money.....but he's looking for status, recognition and being with a WINNER.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:David Caldwell has already signed free agents who want to win. Who do you think Sen'Derrick Marks is? How about Alan Ball? He knows how to find the right players.

sigh....Marks and Ball did not sign in Jax this offseason because they thought they were going to have immediate success as a team in Jax....

get real. 

The type of FA he was talking about were the kind that take less money to play with certain teams like the Patriots because they feel they have a good chance to go to a SB in that next season. 

Quote:Three of our losses were to the Raiders, Rams, and Chargers. Makes you wonder if we played them now what would happen? And who would have thought we'd sweep the 'horns? Much less the Giants, Falcons, and Squealers would be down so low.

He's credited over and over by the players and last night pregame Jeff Lageman said he had never seen a coach like Gus in all his years in football.

Absolutely right! By winning and NOT tanking I bet some great free agents will want to come here just to play for Gus. Sometimes money is not what somebody wants . A good free agent can go anywhere and get money, but he's looking for status, recognition and being with a WINNER.

The Rams game was decided by two turnovers. When I think of that game I ask myself, "What if Chad Henne had started instead of Blaine Gabbert?" because Gabbert is the one who threw a pick 6. And what if Luke Joeckel did not get hurt in that game, forcing Cameron Bradfield to play left tackle for the first time in his career?

Quote:Marks and Ball did not sign in Jax this offseason because they thought they were going to have immediate success as a team in Jax.

Get real. 

The type of FA he was talking about were the kind that take less money to play with certain teams like the Patriots because they feel they have a good chance to go to a SB in that next season. 

Regardless of why they chose Jacksonville, they are having immediate success here, which means they do want to win and are not just playing for paychecks.

Quote:sigh....Marks and Ball did not sign in Jax this offseason because they thought they were going to have immediate success as a team in Jax....

no I'll bet it was two things, they signed because they would have a chance to play and Caldwell thought they were worth a shot.

I'll also bet Caldwell will sign some more FA like them, guys just itching for a shot to prove themselves.

What is there 32 teams time 53 man roster not counting the practice squads? That's 1.696 players.

Lot of hungry guys out there

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:no I'll bet it was two things, they signed because they would have a chance to play and Caldwell thought they were worth a shot.

I'll also bet Caldwell will sign some more FA like them, guys just itching for a shot to prove themselves.

What is there 32 teams time 53 man roster not counting the practice squads? That's 1.696 players.

Lot of hungry guys out there

That also does not include players who are suspended or on injured reserve. During the lockout, I read there are 1,900 players.

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 01:32 AM by Infamous Saint.)

Quote:Regardless of why they chose Jacksonville, they are having immediate success here, which means they do want to win and are not just playing for paychecks.
Exactly!

WHats great about these guys is that they signed here because they knew they would get a chance to start and show that they can really contribute. Obviously because they believe they are good enough to help this team win games. And they have each made big plays so far to help us win some games. Not everyone is like Aaron Ross (that jerk!)

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..