Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
John Oehser

Quote:He's a know-nothing add-nothing...

Get an Ex-Jag player to do it....someone that can inspire the players themselves with proper criticism.

I prefer to read a trained journalist myself...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yes man?  I don't really see it.  He glosses it over a bit - but he tells it like it is fairly often.  They probably will win one game and come really close in two others, IMO.  I wouldn't bash him for saying they won't go 0-16.  

Oehser:

I'm not getting "yes-man" from any of this.  ^

Me, neither. Sometimes I think people expect Oehser to get in the face of players and coaches and scream "You suck" over and over.

He has been honest, while still being respectful. He works with these people, sees them every day. He has an idea of their work effort and dedication to their profession. The coaches know this team isn't good, the players know the same thing, and they all know that the fans know it. They don't like the situation any more than we do, I fail to see what good would come from Oehser harping on it.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:It just gets old. Sometimes optimism and objectivity need to be separated. I realize I don't have to read it, but still do in hopes he finally has enough one day and snaps. Don't want to miss that.
When i read the news from a particular website and see a lot of the same stuff each day from the same people. I occasionally go away from reading it on a daily basis. That's usually what one does when they are tired of something. You should try it 

What's the biggest thing the Jaguars need to do to improve? - Jean, from Chicago

Answer: We need to improve in a lot of areas, but if I had to pick one thing they could improve on, its tackling. That fell off before the bye, If they can imporve that after the bye, the defense can at least get back to what it was the first month of the season

- Company "yes man", AKA O-man.

Get an Ex-Jag player to do it....someone that can inspire the players themselves with proper criticism.

How the hell is a website column going to inspire the players?

;

;

Quote:What's the biggest thing the Jaguars need to do to improve? - Jean, from Chicago

Answer: We need to improve in a lot of areas, but if I had to pick one thing they could improve on, its tackling. That fell off before the bye, If they can imporve that after the bye, the defense can at least get back to what it was the first month of the season

I get the feeling you and I differ on what defines a "company 'yes man'".

- Bob Marley

Quote:How the hell is a website column going to inspire the players?

Thank you.

- Bob Marley

Quote:What's the biggest thing the Jaguars need to do to improve? - Jean, from Chicago

Are you truly this limited?

Who do you work for? Do you go around trashing their personnel or products? Are you considered a yes man because you don't call the CEO a jerk.

Try learning a little. I don't know many team sites, or company sites either, that give their lead writer such latitude. He's made it clear to any who can read  that he knows the teams is bad. I also think he's giving his honest opinion when he states that he doesn't think the jaguars will go winless.

I find it hard to believe that there are still people who don't understand the role of a lead writer for a company/team.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:McManus is one of the few former players who I have seen tell it like it is.

He's a moron.

;

;

I bumped this (awkward pause) thread (awkward pause) from almost a year ago to tell you that (awkward pause) Oehser (awkward pause) sure does have a (awkward pause) unique way of speaking.

Quote:Was Ketchman a yes man like Oehser is? To pretend this team is going to win a game and use the first half strength of schedule as an excuse for what we are seeing is just awful.

Oesher really isnt a yes man. I was able to meet and chat with him and JP when they were up here in Indy for the draft and he IS optimistic but also realistic in saying that he doesn't expect the team to be in the playoffs and that ideally you want to see .500 at best to show progress in the right direction. He said that Gabbert did not work on his stuff in the off-season whereas Blake has been pretty much non-stop since January. And the O-line being in the gym all off-season so far as well.  

Quote:Oesher really isnt a yes man. I was able to meet and chat with him and JP when they were up here in Indy for the draft and he IS optimistic but also realistic in saying that he doesn't expect the team to be in the playoffs and that ideally you want to see .500 at best to show progress in the right direction. He said that Gabbert did not work on his stuff in the off-season whereas Blake has been pretty much non-stop since January. And the O-line being in the gym all off-season so far as well.  

I never saw him as a yes man, just that he goes over the top with being "the voice of reason" to the point where you can predict exactly what he's going to say at all times.  Like a movie you already know the ending to.  Contrast that to somebody like O'Halloran, who gets constantly bashed on these boards, but yet always has a unique perspective.   

Am I the only one who just doesn't give a crud about any of these guys, past or present? I've read Vic once or twice, same with the new guy.. Neither one of them had me wanting to come back.

Same goes for the play by play announcers. People get so uptight about these guys. Who cares.. They're just background noise anyway..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I bumped this (awkward pause) thread (awkward pause) from almost a year ago to tell you that (awkward pause) Oehser (awkward pause) sure does have a (awkward pause) unique way of speaking.

Yea it's terrible. Vic wasn't much better on radio. I don't know why they want writers doing anything but writing.

Thing is Oesher doesn't even write. Who should the Jaguars target? Good players. (Ten mile long Question) Yes. 90% of his answers are either 3 words or less, or completely useless.

Quote:Yea it's terrible. Vic wasn't much better on radio. I don't know why they want writers doing anything but writing.

Sometimes I don't even know why they want writers to write.