Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Could this be last game as jag for MJD?

(This post was last modified: 10-26-2013, 08:51 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I respect where you are coming from but here's some  7th Round picks in the last 10 years that either far out produced their draft spot or were converting into a much higher draft resource:

Matt Cassel (  eventually got traded for a high 2nd Round pick.  )

Cortland Finnegan

Jay Ratliff

Ahmad Bradshaw

Julian Edelman

ok so theres some more. 

But I ask you this? would you deal MoJo for a 7th? knowing that not only will it be a 7th but a late 7th because any team that trades for Mojo at this point is in the playoff hunt. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:ok so theres some more. 

But I ask you this? would you deal MoJo for a 7th? knowing that not only will it be a 7th but a late 7th because any team that trades for Mojo at this point is in the playoff hunt. 

No,   that wouldn't be enough to satisfy me if in the Jaguars position.   

Having said that,    from the perspective of Jaguars fans such as yourself that want the Jaguars above all else to land Teddy Bridgewater in the 2014 Draft,   trading MJD might make the difference in the franchise getting the # 1 pick.      Especially as MJD gets further away from his injuries.

Quote:ok so theres some more. 

No.  Then again, maybe to the Bucs? :whistling:

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:No,   that wouldn't be enough to satisfy me if in the Jaguars position.   

Having said that,    from the perspective of Jaguars fans such as yourself that want the Jaguars above all else to land Teddy Bridgewater in the 2014 Draft,   trading MJD might make the difference in the franchise getting the # 1 pick.      Especially as MJD gets further away from his injuries.

yeah, that is a good point, too

Quote:No.  Then again, maybe to the Bucs? :whistling:

Hah, yeah - that might be worth giving them MoJo for free. 

Quote:yeah, that is a good point, too

Thank you.

One thing that stood out with the Lions in the 0-16 season 5 years ago is when WR Roy Williams was traded to the Cowboys,     it clearly had an adverse affect on the Lions Offense in many of the remaining games.       My gut feeling is the Lions would have avoided an 0-16 season if not for the trade.         Of course,  with what Jerry Jones was willing to compensate the Lions for the services for Roy Williams,   it was a trade that the Lions needed to make 100 out of 100 times.      

Quote:Hah, yeah - that might be worth giving them MoJo for free. 
They'll probably make us give them the 7th!

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Thank you.

One thing that stood out with the Lions in the 0-16 season 5 years ago is when WR Roy Williams was traded to the Cowboys,     it clearly had an adverse affect on the Lions Offense in many of the remaining games.       My gut feeling is the Lions would have avoided an 0-16 season if not for the trade.         Of course,  with what Jerry Jones was willing to compensate the Lions for the services for Roy Williams,   it was a trade that the Lions needed to make 100 out of 100 times.      

I had forgot that trade happened that same year. 

Quote:They'll probably make us give them the 7th!

Laughing hah - no kidding. 

Quote:I had forgot that trade happened that same year. 

While the Lions definitely were trying to win each game that season with the remaining resources the team had,     the trade of Roy Williams basically ensured that the team was going to have a 14 to 16 loss season.     Especially with the team's QB situation,   as Jon Kitna suffered a season ending injury against the Bears back in Game # 4.

Mojo is great, but his trade value is zilch due to age, injury history, and questions of desire.  He's a sprained ankle away from retired.  Still, he brings the lunch pail every week, gotta love the effort but he's not as strong or fast.  He'd probably love going to a playoff team and making an impact one more time.  I dunno.  Maybe as a good teammate he'd rather be here in Jax, even at 0-16.  Somehow, he deserves a better legacy that that.  Who needs a RB?  Patriots?  Denver? 

Hopefully so.

Quote:Mojo is great, but his trade value is zilch due to age, injury history, and questions of desire.  He's a sprained ankle away from retired.  Still, he brings the lunch pail every week, gotta love the effort but he's not as strong or fast.  He'd probably love going to a playoff team and making an impact one more time.  I dunno.  Maybe as a good teammate he'd rather be here in Jax, even at 0-16.  Somehow, he deserves a better legacy that that.  Who needs a RB?  Patriots?  Denver? 

Once again, why does he "deserve" a better legacy?

Except that Robinson has a problem holding on to the football. Fix that and I'll agree that he needs more touches...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.