Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Running Game - Now or Never

A glance at the remaining games on the schedule and their corresponding defensive rankings reveals that the majority  (8 of 10) of the Jags upcoming opponents all rank somewhere between 17th and 31st in defending the run.

With the likely return of Marcedes Lewis, the O-Line showing flashes of capable run blocking, MJD showing around 75% of his old burst the past 2 weeks , and Justin Blackmon drawing safeties out of the box  - the pieces may be finally falling into place for the Jags to achieve balance with their offensive play calling.

There's no denying that inability to establish the run early (or at all) has hobbled the offense in a number of games thus far.  Playing from behind has also forced the team to lean on the pass too often as well.  That said - the Jags seem to have a great opportunity to improve their offense through the run game in the coming weeks.  The Jags have averaged around 60 yards a game on the ground and it's time to climb out of the cellar and run. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I sure hope so, I need him for the stretch in FFPC.

Everyone is always bashing Marcedes (including me), but the dude guy can run block extremely well. My question is how well has Pasztor Run blocked so far? I know he's a RT so it should be natural to him, but I only really payed attention to his pass blocking (which was impressive)

Quote:Everyone is always bashing Marcedes (including me), but the dude guy can run block extremely well. My question is how well has Pasztor Run blocked so far? I know he's a RT so it should be natural to him, but I only really payed attention to his pass blocking (which was impressive)
He's run blocking pretty well.  The run game has had much of it's limited success the past two weeks running behind Uche and Pasztor. 

I thought I read that the Chargers were actually stout against the run, is that incorrect?

Yeah, they're stout against the run. At least I noticed that for fantasy purposes, the Chargers are allowing the 3rd least fantasy points to RBs.

'02

The San Diego defense is giving up 4.8 yards per rush, tied with the Jags for the 4th worst in the league in this per rush statistic.  Overall, they are giving up 110 rushing yards per game, a middle of the pack statistic with the league. 

I looked to see why they rank so good for fantasy purposes given what ATLjag just said. Simply put, they've yet to allow a rushing or passing TD to a RB. The Bucs are the only other team to do that.

'02

Quote:I thought I read that the Chargers were actually stout against the run, is that incorrect?
17th

110 yds per game allowed

Upcoming opponents run defense rankings (yds per game allowed) :

S.D.  -  17th  110ypg

tacks -  19th  111ypg

niners -  20th  112.8 ypg

tinhorns - 25th - 121.5 ypg

bills - 28th  - 124.2 ypg

colts - 31st  -  132 ypg

Those teams represent 8 of our remaining match-ups.  I see it as an opportunity to get the run game in order. 

Quote:I looked to see why they rank so good for fantasy purposes given what ATLjag just said. Simply put, they've yet to allow a rushing or passing TD to a RB. The Bucs are the only other team to do that.

Quote:I looked to see why they rank so good for fantasy purposes given what ATLjag just said. Simply put, they've yet to allow a rushing or passing TD to a RB. The Bucs are the only other team to do that.

Well crud time to make some fantasy changes, didn't realize they where that stout against the run!

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Yeah, they're stout against the run. At least I noticed that for fantasy purposes, the Chargers are allowing the 3rd least fantasy points to RBs.

That must have been what I read. then.