Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars Willing To Trade Mjd, At The Right Price

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2013, 04:16 PM by D6.)

Quote:tryin to think of list of places he would fit and have a need... jets, cowb

i could see the raiders as falling into a situation like this.... mcfadden and mojo.

edit: well i guess minus the having a chance to win part.

I'll be surprised if the Raiders trade for MJD.    At best,  the Raiders will finish in 3rd place in the AFC West this season.       They spent 2013 clearly a ton of salary cap space for 2014 and beyond.     With so many needs on their roster,   the Raiders need every draft resource they can get.     

On the other hand,   I agree with you and others that mentioned the Cowboys as a potential landing point for MJD this season.      The Cowboys are clearly in a win now mode and have a need at RB.      It all comes down to Jerry Jones'  opinion on what MJD can provide the Cowboys the remainder of the season and what are the Cowboys other options at RB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've got $1.47 in my pocket.... will that do.... MJD has all but ruined my FFB hopes

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 12:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...chise-back

This could be our chance.

Quote:The Cowboys have had internal discussions about upgrading the position, "possibly in a big way" as we gear up to the trading deadline, Rapoport reported.

Quote:flgatorsandjags, on 20 Oct 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...chise-back

It would be worth it, and I would be all for it because it's a smart move. The time for him to get a long term deal has passed.. He still has some talent but it looks like it could be fading for a guy that may be on the fence about wanting to stay in Jax despite what he might say. You have core offensive players in Blackmon and shorts, while running backs are not a premium position in the draft in recent years, it may be a good time to take a few picks.. I don't know his market value, but if Dallas were interested I wouldn't be too picky as to what they offer..

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...chise-back

The Lions got 1st,  3rd,  and 6th Round picks for WR Roy Williams and a 7th Round pick from Jerry Jones. MJD is twice the player Roy was. Can lightning hit twice?? I would gladly just take a 3rd for MJD if he wants to give it away.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

How does anyone figure MJD has any trade value, even for a late round conditional pick?  He's taken a huge amount of punishment over the years, he's clearly lost a step, and won't be around by the time the Jags rebuild the roster in 3-5 years.

"at the right price"

A good GM would be willing to trade his own mother at the right price.

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...chise-back

That won't  happen,the Cowboys are $30M over that cap for next season,They'll be some major changes with them.One won't be adding MJD

;

;
<FONT face="Weltron Urban" color=#008080 size=7><I></I></FONT>