Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dear Abby

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2013, 08:56 AM by FJohnson.)

Dear Abby,

I am ashamed to admit but I am a Jacksonville Jaguars fan. I waited years and years for an NFL team to come to Jacksonville. I remember the days of the Jacksonville Sharks, Firebirds, and Bulls. I was there when Robert Ersy landed his helicopter in Jacksonville and we cheered - hoping to convince him to make Jacksonville home for the lowly Colts. And then there were the banners hung in hopes we would become the Jacksonville Oilers. We didn't know what an Oiler was but we sure knew we wanted a football team. And now we have the Jaguars, but they really aren't a football team. Everyone knows it. Oh we did have a good run with Coach Coughlin, but we fired him. Now the national media showers us with ridicule and my friends in Chicago and Oakland ask me what is wrong in Jacksonville? We fired our coaches and they went to work for those teams who are doing better this year, maybe even headed to the playoffs. Our coach, Gus Bradley, seems to really like our QB Blaine Gabbert, who has a career 5-25 record. I don't know what to say or believe. Is there hope?

Signed,

JP Barnum

___

Dear JP,

I didn't know Jacksonville had an NFL team.

Regards,

Abby

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With apologies to shag:

WOW......

Fail.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote: Our coach, Gus Bradley, seems to really like our QB Blaine Gabbert, who has a career 5-25 record. I don't know what to say or believe. Is there hope?

Trust me, Khan, Caldwell, and Bradley are smart enough to know Gabbert sucks.  We NEED the #1 pick in the draft -- Gabbert is our ticket to obtaining our franchise QB in the draft.