Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Breaking Bad

Quote:This was one of the few things I didnt like about the end.  Everyone know he Ricined her there was no need for that phone call.  Just kinda meh.

LOL... that scene was perfect.

There she is with her humidifier going, thinking she's just under the weather.  The look on her face when she realized she was walking dead was priceless.  Perfect end for her.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Umm... he was dying.  It's not like he had all the time in the world.

When he saw the Gray Matter interview, he knew what he had to do... and he went out and did it.

There was no time to loaf when he left the cabin.  Like the man said, you leave and you will be caught.

This was a masterstroke from Gilligan.

I loved how they worked in his leaving the watch.  What was a simple continuity problem turned into a nice little moment.

Marty Robbins reference... check.

Vince is a very detailed man.  He'd thought of everything, and wrote and directed the final episode the way it needed to be done.

You're making it sound as though he drove from New Hampshire to New Mexico, ate breakfast, threatened daddy warbucks, bought the gun, grabbed the ricin, slipped whatsherface the ricin, made amends with wifey, shot up the club all in the time span of 55 real time minutes.

The story could have been better told out in 2 hours or even 90 minutes than it was in those 55 minutes, thats my point, the episode felt rushed not urgent.  If you enjoyed it I'm not knocking you, I don't think it was awful or w/e, I just dont think it was as good as it should have been.   

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM by rollerjag.)

Quote:You're making it sound as though he drove from New Hampshire to New Mexico, ate breakfast, threatened daddy warbucks, bought the gun, grabbed the ricin, slipped whatsherface the ricin, made amends with wifey, shot up the club all in the time span of 55 real time minutes.

The story could have been better told out in 2 hours or even 90 minutes than it was in those 55 minutes, thats my point, the episode felt rushed not urgent.  If you enjoyed it I'm not knocking you, I don't think it was awful or w/e, I just dont think it was as good as it should have been.   

Not responding to debate, everyone's opinion is correct when it comes to their personal preferences. I'm glad they didn't dwell on the long drive from New Hampshire to New Mexico, or show Walt as he stalked his various final victims. I liked being surprised when everything came together, much more than if I'd seen the preparations in progress.

The entire series featured so many great performances, but Bruce Cranston's was particularly wonderful. For example, the scene in Hank's garage, when Hank confronted Walt. Walt's facial expressions and body language went seamlessly from feigned innocence to the menace that he truly was, it even scared the living daylights out of a seasoned law enforcement officer.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

The watch. I had forgotten about the watch he set on the phone. What was that all about?

It's hard to believe this is the same Bryan Cranston who played in "Malcolm in the Middle".

Quote:It's hard to believe this is the same Bryan Cranston who played in "Malcolm in the Middle".

It took me a few episodes to not see him as the dad from Malcolm in the Middle.

Quote:The watch. I had forgotten about the watch he set on the phone. What was that all about?

They shot the breakfast scene earlier and he wasn't wearing a watch. So, they had to show him taking it off.

Quote:They shot the breakfast scene earlier and he wasn't wearing a watch. So, they had to show him taking it off.

Oh, ok. Isn't that the watch Jesse gave him for his birthday?

Quote:Oh, ok. Isn't that the watch Jesse gave him for his birthday?

Yes

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Yes

I love your signature gif.

Quote:It took me a few episodes to not see him as the dad from Malcolm in the Middle.

Or the dentist from Seinfeld?