Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Boselli Semifinalist for HOF

Lol Tebow wasn't nearly the best at his position during his "run."  Tebow's run was a couple years while Boselli's was closer to 7 or 8.

Boselli dominated people every time he stepped onto the field.  People were scared to go against him.  In his first couple years in the league he absolutely dominated the best defensive ends in league.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2016, 09:48 AM by MoJagFan.)

Tony will end up being a Veterans Comittee selection I'm betting.  I'm not sure he will get the writers to not use the length of career argument against him.  Kevin Mawae will get the nod over Tony because he has 16 years on his stat sheet and played in New York.

Edit:

And yes Mawae ended up in Tennessee but he does have the big city spot light time.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Pete Prisco has spent alot of time this year advocating Boselli to the HoF to his writing colleague's around the NFL. Looks like his work is paying off.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He won't make it this year, and possibly never.

He'll make it eventually.  He actually has some strong writers pulling for him, even Peter King has stated in the past how he feels like he should be in.

Quote:Are you saying Tebow should be n the HOF? Tebow had a great run

Tebow was a bust.

Quote:Tebow was a bust.
you are a bust

Quote:Lol Tebow wasn't nearly the best at his position during his "run." Tebow's run was a couple years while Boselli's was closer to 7 or 8.

Boselli dominated people every time he stepped onto the field. People were scared to go against him. In his first couple years in the league he absolutely dominated the best defensive ends in league.
lol, i have been a fan since day 1. Boselli is the best LT i ever seen. Dominating Bruce Smith is just one example. He was a beast, Boselli was a monster in the run game as well. He should go in the HOF

Quote:you are a bust

I never played football.

Looks like 2017 might be his year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ifinalists

Scroll down to The best chance to make it in 2017.

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2016, 11:20 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Boselli memories - (some blurry)

Micky Washington or Aaron Beasley picks off a pass and runs it in for a TD...Boselli up the sideline with him while he was on the sideline.

Boselli burying Bruce Smith in the 96 playoffs, just absolutely stone walled him.

Boselli on Monday Night Football against the Miami Dolphins just absolutely abuses Jason Taylor who was the defensive player of the year, I think...but he abused Taylor and was seen back peddling up the field after we rushed for a decent gain, Boselli was using his hands, saying come on Jason Taylor come on I'm killing you, come here let's do it again all night long.

Boselli ran down a DB to save a TD to which our defense held them to a FG which won us the game. It was against Cincinnati I think.

Boselli may have moved a bit early on the game winning TD against the Bucs in Fred Taylor's rookie season but he timed it perfectly in my eyes.

Boselli always there to have Brunell's back, too many times Big Tony just pushed dudes out the way when they hit Mark late.

Ahh the memories when the Jaguars were the modern day Patriots.

Mark Brunell had this to say about Tony Boselli after a Bengals game: "I never saw 300 pounds move that fast."

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2016, 11:26 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Found some highlights on him

He'll get snubbed again because the NFL hates and don't respect the Jags.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I just looked at the list of Hall of Famers that played in the modern era (1966-current).   Given the fact that Boselli only played 7 years, I was hoping to find other recent HOF'ers that played 7 or less years.  Nope.  Most, if not all, of the players who played in the modern era of the NFL played 10+ years prior to being selected to the HOF.

That said, I'd put him in due to his dominance and his significant contribution to the Jags being so good so quick after they entered the league.