Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The bigger picture.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 06:06 PM by jaguarmvp.)

I totally agree with this and believe the writer hit it spot on.  I do not believe you can patch the house.  Time to tear it all down and start from scratch.  The entire organization from the players to the front office are responsible.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/11/14/...d-coaching

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2016, 06:28 PM by Jerrad.)

Gus has poisoned this entire franchise with his loser mentality. It may be beyond repair. We gotta blow this thing sky high and start over, only this time bring in a coach that holds the players accountable and stresses that losing is never acceptable.

This falls on Dave and Shad as well. They hired the doofus and refused to [BLEEP] can him after 3 years of losing.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2016, 08:25 AM by Caldrac.)

This franchise can't afford another demolition project. Despite what some of you think on here I think there is still a good foundation for the next coaching staff to come in and address a few issues. We just need to get it settled at the QB position for sure. Shore up the discipline and blocking a bit more on offense and pass rush on defense. This team hasn't been blown out this year. I think a lot of people are over looking this. It's not so much that this time is flat out losing by a wide margin. It's more like a young and misguided football team not being properly coached up into positions to win games. They've found ways to lose games and give away points at every level of football this year. Turnovers on offense. Turnovers on special teams. Boneheaded mistakes on defense resulting in easy field goals or sustained drives. They just need an iron fist and technician type coaching staff to come in here and readjust their course accordingly. 

But, to ask this franchise to completely level the roster once again. That's just insane. That's too much to ask this city and fan base again. And you're treading into murky waters for sure where we're already on the cusp of being labeled the Cleveland Browns of the South. I don't want to see a decade of five or six different head coaches and quarterbacks in our city. It's a terrible approach. It boils down to what Khan and his family think about David Caldwell as the general manager. I almost want to give him another chance. Bradley is out, for sure. Their is no getting around that. But I almost feel like Caldwell should be given just two more years. Let him correct the biggest mistake he made four years ago and let's see if it was truly the coaching staff this entire time and not the personnel after all. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I'm inclined to agree that this is not just a coaching issue... though to be sure coaching is and has been a big part of the issue. It's not difficult to give Dave Caldwell a 'mulligan' for his head coaching choice; after all, at the time of his selection Gus Bradley seemed like a good candidate. The bigger issue is that after it became clear that he wasn't getting the job done here he was retained.

The even bigger issue though was the selection of Blake Bortles as the 'franchise quarterback'. It was known from the outset that Bortles does not have a natural good passing motion. Think about that; Dave drafted a guy at the #3 overall spot to be our franchise quarterback who was known to have issues with fundamental quarterback skills. I repeat, 'fundamental' skills. And now they are showing up in the worst possible ways. 

A professional 'franchise quarterback' must be fundamentally sound. At the professional level, and particularly with a quarterback who's been tagged with the 'franchise' label, you shouldn't have to be concerned with basic skills!!! However, this deficit on the part of Bortles apparently eluded Dave Caldwell. A GM for a professional team shouldn't be guilty of such a major oversight. 

Picking a loser for a HC is bad enough; but also picking a quarterback with substandard professional level skills at the #3 over spot and making him the 'franchise quarterback'.... is just about unforgivable. No wonder even with the talent we do have on this team no one seems terribly motivated to make plays. Playing for a coach with the losingest percentage record in the history of the NFL can't be a happy situation. Add to that the reality that your 'franchise quarterback' is fundamentally unsound as a quarterback and the result is what we've been experiencing.

Thanks Dave.

I promise on everything that all we need is a QB and a RB

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2016, 12:36 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:I promise on everything that all we need is a QB and a RB

I say QB, HC, G or C and RT and edge rusher. A RB would help too. We can compete for the playoffs next year if we make the right moves.

Good coaching will change this team around. There is enough talent here where they should compete and be able to beat any team

To be fair, they have competed in every game (sans the Chargers and you could argue Raiders).

Have you seen my baseball?

idk how you guys talk about this same thing every day.

GM/Coach/QB all need to be replaced, its that simple, theres no need for regular essays on the topic imo.

Quote:To be fair, they have competed in every game (sans the Chargers and you could argue Raiders).

Problem is they play from behind all the time. they had not had a lead in the last 4 games. 240 minutes and they could not jump out 3-0 or 7-0 early in game?  Only had the lead in 3 games this year.

HC, OC or the QB's fault....that is just bad football.   

I'm not arguing whether or not it's bad football.  It is.  But they have been in 7 out of 9 games this year.

Quote:To be fair, they have competed in every game (sans the Chargers and you could argue Raiders).

The titans in primetime say hello.

Yeah...I forgot about the tacks.  Thanks for reminding me...

Quote:I promise on everything that all we need is a QB and a RB

Actually our timing was a little off, however, had we been more patient, we could have had Gabbert and Gerhart in the same backfield.

rollin' out the G's.   

#Unstoppable

Quote:The titans in primetime say hello.

You beat me to it.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

The Big picture is that this team has become the Cleveland Browns of the south... and it's not fun to watch anymore.

This team would be 7-2 with a good QB... 5-4 with an average QB... and 2-7 with a terrible QB.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

BCC has writers?

:mellow:

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]