Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Jags would be wise to extend Marqise Lee

Quote:The Jags aren't letting A-Rob walk, he's a special player, he's going to go off once we replace this QB

I hope so but I'm not buying it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not saying its his fault but how many passes has Lee batted into the air for an INT? I feel like its some where around 6.

They were all horrific passes.

I never really liked the Hurns extension. Caldwell was probably afraid Hurns would perform even better this season and put him in a position to pay him top WR money. He signed him to a above average WR contract and he is not performing. Maybe with a new coach and QB but for now it doesn't seem good. I would not want to extend Lee just yet. He has played well but he did have hamstring injuries early in his career.

Quote:I never really liked the Hurns extension. Caldwell was probably afraid Hurns would perform even better this season and put him in a position to pay him top WR money. He signed him to a above average WR contract and he is not performing. Maybe with a new coach and QB but for now it doesn't seem good. I would not want to extend Lee just yet. He has played well but he did have hamstring injuries early in his career.
A bad franchise was desperate to try to express a sign of tangible improvement so they rushed into it. Just like Gene did with the Mike Thomas deal. 

Quote:A bad franchise was desperate to try to express a sign of tangible improvement so they rushed into it. Just like Gene did with the Mike Thomas deal.

No risk with the Hurns contract. He's still a good WR. If he doesn't perform next year he can be cut.

Lee is cool but theres no need to out that much money in one position and not for a guy qho cant stay healthy

Quote:No risk with the Hurns contract. He's still a good WR. If he doesn't perform next year he can be cut.
Sure. The Mike Thomas didn't do any actual cap damage either.

Quote:Sure. The Mike Thomas didn't do any actual cap damage either.

Yeah but Hurns>>Mike Thomas.

Quote:Nah he hasn't been great. I blame that more on the mess we call Bortles though. Still on pace for 800 yards or so. Solid #2 numbers.
Butterfingers on more then 5 plays right to him.  Is drinking Hurns koolaid.  Yes blake is bad but dropping several catches right at you. Is worry some. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

From a Lions fan perspective,   Marqise Lee's sideline catch and TD reception were amongst the best opposing WR plays I've seen in the first 10 games.   How he remained in-bounds on both plays is beyond me.   Despite the Jaguars record and QB situation,  Lee clearly is a vastly improved player this season.  Even if kickoff return following Eric Ebron's go ahead TD was huge at the time.   The only Jags player who I can think of who might have had a better game today than Lee was DT Abry Jones.   It's probably a toss-up.

Quote:From a Lions fan perspective,   Marqise Lee's sideline catch and TD reception were amongst the best opposing WR plays I've seen in the first 10 games.   How he remained in-bounds on both plays is beyond me.   Despite the Jaguars record and QB situation,  Lee clearly is a vastly improved player this season.  Even if kickoff return following Eric Ebron's go ahead TD was huge at the time.   The only Jags player who I can think of who might have had a better game today than Lee was DT Abry Jones.   It's probably a toss-up.

Serious question.  If we are in fact that bad.  And the sky is falling like some posters say.  Are you number 1 in your division and didn't blow us out?  

#Gojags

Go ahead and be stupid again. Mike Thomas had a much better year than Lee and Gene paid him a lot, what happened to that? Some idiots don't learn, this guy doesn't even have a good full season and you want to extend him already

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:Go ahead and be stupid again. Mike Thomas had a much better year than Lee and Gene paid him a lot, what happened to that? Some idiots don't learn, this guy doesn't even have a good full season and you want to extend him already
I want to hate.  However this like Hurns is a valid argument.   While talented receivers are not a dime a dozen, unlike what Gene believed.  The only way to justify extending lee is to find a suitable trade partner for Hurns.  Because otherwise.  Ya let our by far best receiver Robinson go.  And with out a explosive offense. Cant justify all that money on three top flight receivers.  

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2016, 12:28 AM by D6.)

Quote:Serious question.  If we are in fact that bad.  And the sky is falling like some posters say.  Are you number 1 in your division and didn't blow us out?  

I truly believe the Jaguars have noticeably more talent than the team's record indicates.   The QB play is costing the team greatly.  This,  combined with the mental mistakes that killed Jaguars drives today on Offense and the S' D. Marks penalty on Defense are hard to overcome.   In other games,   15 yard foolish penalties on Defense hurt the Jags greatly.   I think the team played hard today.   But until the QB play gets better and the team plays with more discipline,   it's going to be difficult to win with any consistency. 

One thing to keep in mind though is something I expressed on the Forum leading up to this game.   The Lions margin of error is on the small side.   All of the Lions games have been decided by 7 points or less this season.

Considering that the Lions got off to a slow start in the passing game today and couldn't get the running game going,  which is a credit to the Jaguars Defense,   it's not surprising this game was decided very late.     The Lions two turnovers also were major negative factors at the time.   Since game # 4 in Chicago when the Lions turned it over twice,  this was the Lions first 2 turnover game since then.     My prediction for this game was Lions 27,  Jaguars 23.   I'm not surprised this game was close. 

Unfortunately Lee is our best offensive player this year.

Really wish it was Bortles, or ARob, or Hurns, or Linder, or the group as a whole.

But hats off to Lee.