Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Game Analysis/Celebration

(09-10-2017, 09:19 PM)pwgj2882 Wrote: I'd like to make a donation to JJ Watt's hurricane fund: $29.07

Genius. Pure savage lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-10-2017, 05:13 PM)BritishJag Wrote: This is the best football-related day of my life since I started following in '08.

I was saying to myself I haven't seen them play a game like this in 10 years. The physicality of the D-line and ground attack of the offense was reminiscent of the early Del Rio years.

Would be nice for the Jags D to put fear into other teams again

(09-10-2017, 06:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 06:04 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Even when they don't, they don't.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...on-openers

"Jacksonville's defensive put on a show on Sunday. New additions Dante Fowler and Calais Campbell were major difference-makers."

LOL

What a bunch of morons NFL.com and ESPN have allowed to permeate their ranks. 

ESPN had a video up of the Fowler scoop and score and the guy was terrified to even attempt to pronounce "Ngakoue." 
It was really pitiful.  The video kept showing the strip and he'd just let uncomfortable silence roll instead of trying.

They'll be forced to say his name correctly at some point.  The kid just makes plays.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(09-10-2017, 04:12 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: I really liked how we kept sending the pressure even late in the game.  No 3 man fronts and giving the QB all day to pick us apart.  

The play of the O-line was shocking - in a good way.

Amen in the past we would have went into prevent defense in the first half and let the Texans back in the game. I loved this foot on the throat balls to the wall gameplan by the coaching staff.
Not A Bandwagon Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Formerly Known As ajagsfan On Original MB

Fan Since 2004 & GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2017, 07:10 AM by ajagsfan04.)

(09-10-2017, 04:27 PM)VisitingCobra Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 03:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote: The coaching. This was a prepared team, they came in with a plan, they kept the things that worked and those that didn't were changed. The tinhorns fought back at times but they had an answer each time.

I don't know what the record is going to be, but it looks like we're no longer incompetent.
I hope this is not just a one game fluke. If this defense can even get half the sacks and turnovers it got tonight we will do  well this season.

(09-10-2017, 04:43 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Remember the folks who were complaining about the Marrone hire, claiming it was "more of the same".  They're being awfully quiet right now.

I'm looking forward to how bcc spins this. Especially alfie what a pessimistic scrotum.
Not A Bandwagon Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Formerly Known As ajagsfan On Original MB

Fan Since 2004 & GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marrone even seemed HAPPY in his post game locker room talk. This was truly a full team effort.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

The only thing o would have liked to see we're a few more PA passes, but having a lead, it wasn't really necessary.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(09-10-2017, 04:44 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: What are we going to do with ourselves this week with so little to complain about?

1st play of the season was a false start... Soooo... ?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

I'm optimistic about what I saw, but then again...the texans oline appeared to be a turnstile. Not taking away from the Jags D, but I think they had some luck go their way...save for the refs, trying to even things out, of course....

Next week will be a sterner test. A better oline, better running game, a young QB who can run well and pass fairly well too. I hope the Jags don't face the Titans with swelling heads next week. And at some point, Bortles is going to have to throw more than twenty times in a game; how's that going to look without Robinson is anyone's guess.

As thrilled as I am, I guess I'm just not built to get my hopes up with this team anymore....it's happened too often, in the past...but I think this game showed that Gus Bradley had NO business EVER being an NFL head coach. Marrone and his staff clearly got these guys ready to play.

(09-11-2017, 09:43 AM)Nikowho Wrote: I'm optimistic about what I saw, but then again...the texans oline appeared to be a turnstile. Not taking away from the Jags D, but I think they had some luck go their way...save for the refs, trying to even things out, of course....

Next week will be a sterner test. A better oline, better running game, a young QB who can run well and pass fairly well too. I hope the Jags don't face the Titans with swelling heads next week. And at some point, Bortles is going to have to throw more than twenty times in a game; how's that going to look without Robinson is anyone's guess.

As thrilled as I am, I guess I'm just not built to get my hopes up with this team anymore....it's happened too often, in the past...but I think this game showed that Gus Bradley had NO business EVER being an NFL head coach. Marrone and his staff clearly got these guys ready to play.

I agree.  I remain cautiously optimistic.  Was a good game to watch.  There as a lot to show as a strong foundation to build on and move forward.

Our division is very pedestrian.  Like us the Texans have been struggling with the QB position and have wasted their opportunities.  We held onto Gus a year too long.  I don't think we would have seen a division title last year but we would have been more competitive.  Looks like I was wrong on Fournette and his post game interview was great as well.  Very humble guy that understands more than football.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Coughlin and Caldwell so far get A+ grade for last year's draft. Many wanted them to take Watson in the 1st and Lamp in the 2nd. Combine Fournette and Cam with Ramsay and Jack and you have 4 potential pro bowlers. What a difference from Gene Smith and Shack Harris!

Last year's draft and free agency combined MAY be talked about for a long time. Campbell and Bouye may turn out to be the two best free agent pickups in the entire NFL. Church also played a solid game and is a big upgrade over Cyprien. Coughlin and Caldwell appear to make a great team, although we all know who is in charge.

After watching Church in the preseason and this last game, I really think he may be the best upgrade on D. He is forcing QBs to look for him and his run support has been outstanding. His play is allowing others to do their job. Cyp was a liability and it showed in how others tried to cover for him. There was obviously no trust in each other on the back end which also impacted the front.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Let's also mention we almost had 3 INTs on top of everything else. Ramsey had one in his hands early that was knocked loose by another defender. We had another called back by that ridiculous penalty, and then Gip's.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jason Myers is [BLEEP].

Other than that, what a win that was.

OK ... if someone would have told me prior to the game that 

1) One team would win by 22 points, and
2) That same team would have 10 sacks, and 
3) Watt would have 2 sacks and 1 int 

..... not sure I would have even watched the game.

Note:  Fortunately, it was JJs younger brother, TJ that ended up with stat #3 above !!