Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars.com - Monday update: Robinson sustains torn ACL

(09-10-2017, 09:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Besides feeling bad for the team, I feel sorry as hell for Allen Robinson. He's worked and practiced and practiced and worked to compete on the Big Field, something I'm sure he's wanted to do since a child, and now he has to watch from the sidelines for an entire season. Money just can't reward some things.

Usually players on injured reserve stay home and watch the games on TV, but you're right about seeing teammates play and not being able to contribute.

I always feel bad about players being in a lot of pain when it happens. If Allen Robinson did scream, you know the pain was severe when it happened.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What about Vincent Jackson? He's not on the same level as Arob but has same type of skill set.

Time to call Mr. reliable Brian Walters
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Monday update: Robinson sustains torn ACL

http://prod.www.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com/ne...3387d8b0cd

Jaguars WR Allen Robinson sustained torn anterior cruciate ligament against Houston Texans Sunday in 2017 regular-season opener; expected to miss rest of season

Horrible news. I still can't believe he tore it because of how the injury occurred. Hopefully the "regular season" part means he should be ready for the playoffs.

Its concerning, no Robinson and no Westbrook.

I wonder who the Jags will bring in?
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(09-12-2017, 08:15 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Its concerning, no Robinson and no Westbrook.

I wonder who the Jags will bring in?

I'm assuming they might bring back Walters, since he's already familiar with the playbook and already up to "game speed", vice signing someone off the street.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I'm surprised how little concern there is about this. I mean I know we're stacked at WR but usually something like this happens and the thread is like 50 pages by now.

(09-11-2017, 02:46 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: Time to call Mr. reliable Brian Walters

He was released because he was injured

Lee, Hurns, Benn, Cole, Etta-Tawo plus signing a PS receiver is my guess for the depth chart moving forward.

Walters is an option (instead of bringing up Etta-Tawo) if he's healthy and they want another slot guy ready to go. (not sure how ready Benn, or Cole are to play the slot)

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017, 12:21 PM by J-Mizzal.)

(09-11-2017, 02:37 PM)BklynJag Wrote: What about Vincent Jackson? He's not on the same level as Arob but has same type of skill set.

No thanks, he's done

We dont need to try and replace Robinson with a signing, we have Lee and Hurns to do that

I would rather Walters or Eddie Royal, they both can take punt return duties from Lee, we dont need him doing that too risking more injuries, plus they are both very good slot WRs and reliable in the shot passing game. Heck even Victor Cruz can return punts, but he just has had lot of injuries.

(09-12-2017, 11:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lee, Hurns, Benn, Cole, Etta-Tawo  plus signing a PS receiver is my guess for the depth chart moving forward.

Walters is an option (instead of bringing up Etta-Tawo)  if he's healthy and they want another slot guy ready to go.  (not sure how ready Benn, or Cole are to play the slot)

I dont want to bring up Etta-Tawo, we need to bring in a vet that has played in the NFL
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Anyone interested in Moncrief for a potential trade?

Looks as if they have signed Max McCaffrey off the Saints practice squad.