Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign WR Max McCaffrey to active roster (merged)

(09-12-2017, 11:15 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: How long was Dede supposed to be out?

He cant come back until week 8
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-12-2017, 11:19 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

Better than never I guess.
No pain, no gain.

(09-12-2017, 11:19 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote:

Err... week 9.
'02

(09-12-2017, 02:25 PM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:17 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Think of him as a younger, taller version

With what is available who would you have liked to see instead?

Well we are looking for a one year guy here so you could have gone for Victor Cruz, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Percy Harvin, Convince Jordon Norwood to un-retire. Even look at Bryan Walters like others have said. Of course I don't know the health of these guys but they would be better IMO than a guy who cant even make a team in the past 4 years.

I would like to believe that there is a reason that we signed McCaffrey to the active roster rather than the afformentioned players whether it be availability, health issues or depleted skill set issues. At this point we have no choice but to wait and see.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We needed a body to fill in. Maybe he can slowly develop and come along within the offense until Westbrook is eligible to return around mid season. He has a good pedigree for sure. But that doesn't mean we should have high expectations for the kid. He's been available for a reason.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Eligible week 9 I believe.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Jaguars have also released CB Jean-Baptiste from PS and signed WR Larry Pinkard to the PS.

covering their bases

(09-13-2017, 06:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: We needed a body to fill in. Maybe he can slowly develop and come along within the offense until Westbrook is eligible to return around mid season. He has a good pedigree for sure. But that doesn't mean we should have high expectations for the kid. He's been available for a reason.

The Packers are loaded at WR leaving Max the victim of the numbers game during cutdowns. He said he had options as far as practice squads to go to and chose the Saints. Reports about Max keep talking about his consistency with his route running and hands, so I'm excited to get a look at him. I know we should keep our expectations tempered, but I suspect this was a really good find.

Keep in mind that potentially great players get waived due to roster limitations. Just recently the Rams were able to steal Brandon Allen, so it happens. 
'02

(09-12-2017, 02:25 PM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:17 PM)jagsfreak27 Wrote: Think of him as a younger, taller version

With what is available who would you have liked to see instead?

Well we are looking for a one year guy here so you could have gone for Victor Cruz, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Percy Harvin, Convince Jordon Norwood to un-retire. Even look at Bryan Walters like others have said. Of course I don't know the health of these guys but they would be better IMO than a guy who cant even make a team in the past 4 years.

By that logic we could go for Jerry Rice as well.

(09-13-2017, 09:19 PM)jseymour Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:25 PM)Browntrouser Wrote: Well we are looking for a one year guy here so you could have gone for Victor Cruz, Eddie Royal, Stevie Johnson, Cecil Shorts, Percy Harvin, Convince Jordon Norwood to un-retire. Even look at Bryan Walters like others have said. Of course I don't know the health of these guys but they would be better IMO than a guy who cant even make a team in the past 4 years.

By that logic we could go for Jerry Rice as well.

exactly

So when is Justin Blackmon supposed to be coming back?   Ninja Ninja Ninja

Randy Moss is still available.

No Vincent Jackson or Victor Cruz? Hmm.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(09-14-2017, 10:50 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: No Vincent Jackson or Victor Cruz? Hmm.

You mean the old guys who can't stay healthy and haven't caught a lot of balls in recent seasons?

Nah, we'll be OK as long as Lee and Hurns stay healthy...

(09-14-2017, 11:01 AM)Kane Wrote:
(09-14-2017, 10:50 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: No Vincent Jackson or Victor Cruz? Hmm.

You mean the old guys who can't stay healthy and haven't caught a lot of balls in recent seasons?

Nah, we'll be OK as long as Lee and Hurns stay healthy...

I feel u on that. I was just looking for a vet presence on a young corps.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend