Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Interesting article: 5 reasons Trump won

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2016, 05:32 PM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:Prior to running California he was an actor without experience.

George Washington served the military and was not a politician, and didn't want the job.

You can't say Trump won't do well because of his experience, which he does have a tremendous amount of business and leadership experience.

It's ok to not like him, but intellectually dishonest to assume his lack of political experience makes him less likely to be successful as President. All the qualities he needs to be one, he already has.
I still do not believe he knows what he just got himself into. He just accepted the job where for the first time in his life outside of his political appointments he can't just say "You're fired" to get his way. That's where his lack of experience concerns me.

The electoral college spoke, but keep in mind the citizens of the US still preferred Hillary. That tells that many in the country may not care for his policies. How will they react in 2018?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's comparing a TV show to how someone will be when they are in office...... Sounds brilliant.

We should make Frank Underwood the next president.

Hillary Clinton is Frank Underwood. Only she didn't make it to the WH.

Quote:I still do not believe he knows what he just got himself into. He just accepted the job where for the first time in his life outside of his political appointments he can't just say "You're fired" to get his way. That's where his lack of experience concerns me.

The electoral college spoke, but keep in mind the citizens of the US still preferred Hillary. That tells that many in the country may not care for his policies. How will they react in 2018?

That would depend on how well he performs, and whether people react to it honestly and objectively.

If he does well, he should earn his keep.  If not, he won't.  But if some don't change their blind dedication to party, no matter how well he does may not matter.  The D will not stop trying to install their permanence, and the election will probably embolden them - when instead they should be self reflective on their policy instead.  Voice and might alone does not make one right.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I would like to know how someone who is old enough to vote can possibly not know who his next president will be.

Are you aware that everyone who is of legal voting age doesn't have the same mental capacity?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2016, 06:16 PM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:That would depend on how well he performs, and whether people react to it honestly and objectively.

If he does well, he should earn his keep. If not, he won't. But if some don't change their blind dedication to party, no matter how well he does may not matter. The D will not stop trying to install their permanence, and the election will probably embolden them - when instead they should be self reflective on their policy instead. Voice and might alone does not make one right.
Wasn't really talking about Trump, but mid term election. He really has 2 years to impress.

I don't agree that the party needs much change. A better candidate mostly.

If Trump really puts his "first 100 day" plan into action, it would be the most progress this country has seen in 8 years.

Trump deserves the chance because the career politicians such as Hillary would have done NOTHING but sell off to the highest bidder.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

It's actually a chance to get politics out of the White House.  Trump doesn't owe anything to the Republican Party except the rented usage of their name.  He doesn't owe anything to Wall Street, big pharma, big energy, or foreign governments.  He might actually be free to do the right thing.  

Quote:It's actually a chance to get politics out of the White House. Trump doesn't owe anything to the Republican Party except the rented usage of their name. He doesn't owe anything to Wall Street, big pharma, big energy, or foreign governments. He might actually be free to do the right thing.

This is the thought..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:This is the thought..
That is the hope.

Quote:It's actually a chance to get politics out of the White House. Trump doesn't owe anything to the Republican Party except the rented usage of their name. He doesn't owe anything to Wall Street, big pharma, big energy, or foreign governments. He might actually be free to do the right thing.

Priceless.

Going to be a very entertaining 4 years at least? If only that was how government works. He does have to play nice with 538 other people.

Donald Trump is not a traditional businessman, he is a salesman and deal broker who has learned how to manipulate the system to his...HIS...extraordinary benefit. Yes, that means he's smart, but in now way does it prepare him to run a country.

George Washington was simply a brilliant man and statesman. Regardless if you like Ronald Reagan or not, he was essentially a good man with tremendous personal integrity. Donald Trump is none of the things those 2 presidents were.

Trump may prove me wrong and unify the country and right all our wrongs. I hope I am wrong. But the Donald Trump I've followed since before he even owned the Washington Generals has always been a [BAD WORD REMOVED] artist.

In this election he was, quite arguably, the poster boy for the concept of the lesser of two evils.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Are you aware that everyone who is of legal voting age doesn't have the same mental capacity?

Of course, but the comment was made in a thread about Trump being elected by the people as our next President.

Quote:It's actually a chance to get politics out of the White House.  Trump doesn't owe anything to the Republican Party except the rented usage of their name.  He doesn't owe anything to Wall Street, big pharma, big energy, or foreign governments.  He might actually be free to do the right thing.  

Impossible. The President's job is all about politics no matter what problems he is trying to tackle. Freedom to do the right thing is not increased just because he has no prior political experience. What he has a chance to do is make changes he wants because Congress stays red for at least two more years.

If Trump does nothing but appoint 2 conservative Supreme Court justices, it's still a win for conservatism and freedom.  But there's also a chance here for sane foreign policy and much more.  And I agree that it will be entertaining. 

A Hillary Clinton White House would be a black hole.  Secrecy, deception, lies about her health and paybacks against everyone on both sides who slighted her, no possibility of transparency or respect for the law.  Cover-ups, deflections, the Wikileaks emails haunting her and endless time for the public to study the evidence.  A Hillary win would have been a huge downer.  

A Trump White House is at least interesting, and maybe hilarious.  He's downsizing from his usual mansion, LOL.  His direct methods may be an asset on the international stage.  There's a chance he will embarrass himself, but that would be funny, too.  He won't have a lot of patience with the mainstream press, so that will also be a constant source of entertainment.  This has the potential for comedy gold. 

Wars will be fought not with tanks and planes but with drive-by Tweets.  His wife and daughter are seriously hot.  Then we have the mini-me Barron.  He will be the newest teen heartthrob.  Did I mention his hot wife and daughter?  Trump won't treat the Lincoln Bedroom like a Motel 6, and won't steal the furniture when he leaves.  There are certain upsides here.