Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Serious ?. Does Gus deserve any credit for helping to get this team to this point?

Gus deserves some credit for the success they’re seeing right now by virtue of being fired.

Like others here, I believe he held this team back. Marrone has proven to be much more adept at finding the right buttons to push to get the most out of his players. I’m not sure Gus could get what Doug has from this team with the added talent.

I don’t think it’s so much that he’s a bad coach as it is he wasn’t the right guy to get this team to the next level. He’s a decent coordinator. Not so much a good head coach.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

wish i could neg the OP infinity times.

Gus gets credit for making the meanest Sundae around but no credit for the team's success. Good guy horrible head coach.

"winning doesn't matter" ugh
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(12-28-2017, 11:14 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(12-28-2017, 11:08 AM)B2hibry Wrote: No. Your statement leaves me to believe that you think this team is the same makeup and system as when Gus was here. You would be wrong in so many ways. If he couldn't make it work over 4 seasons, he doesn't deserve credit for a culture change, staff changes, scheme changes, etc.

The Team is the same the scheme may change but the coaches are the same. Look at the brownies they draft in top 5 every year and replace the coach every 3 years and still are struggling to win a game. My point was did Gus take some of the younger guys we drafted in those early rounds and teach them good fundamentals without teaching them how to win, so when a better coach who takes those players who have good fundamentals and teaches them how to win and dominate. Just thinking if Gus had not got these players ready to be great we would just be in the same boat as the brownies with terrible players and coaches.

Not even a little bit. Bortles digressed with Bradley at the helm, so no he deserves nothing.

Only positive thing Gus did for the franchise was suck so much we could get 4nette and Ramsey

He secured many early draft picks, that is all

[Image: L0lYDfR.gif]

What a stupid topic

White Tony Dungey.

(01-01-2018, 04:01 AM)myrick31 Wrote: White Tony Dungey.

Well, um...I guess if you throw out Dungy's hundreds of wins, multiple division titles, record for consecutive playoff years, and his two Super Bowl rings then you're totally on to something there.  Confused
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Hell to the naw
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

This is a man that decided to perma-bench a high 2nd round pick in Myles Jack for DAN. SKUTA. and didnt even play him in nickel because "well Poz is playing at a high level for us right now". That's just horrific coaching. When we were blown out by the chargers early in his last season instead of addressing the glaring issues that game presented his response was "man, we don't have to change our approach, we just have to sweep the corners" to hear a quote like that after being dismantled so badly is mortifying. His first 2 years i really liked his energy and positivity, but towards the end it was clear he had no idea what he was doing. Historically bad HC and deservedly so.

What speaks even more volume is that we've won games without Fournette this year, with the roster we had the year prior (and no Watson in Houston at the time) we shouldve won the AFC South in 2016. 3-13 with the guys we had and losing games in mind boggling fashion is just simply unacceptable. Finding creative ways how to pull off a loss was a consistent theme, glad he's gone, deserves ZERO credit.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!