Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles job is on the line next Sunday

This is all bull [BLEEP]. The Jaguars already know what they have in Bortles. This game isn't going to make any difference. They're not going to tie the future of the franchise to one game. The Jags are going to go after Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith, or any free agent they think will be an upgrade. But if the price is too high, they will draft a QB, probably in the first 3 rounds.

Deciding the future of the QB position based on one game would be stupid. One thing the Jags' front office will have under Coughlin is discipline. They will evaluate thoroughly, based on ALL the evidence. Not just based on one game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-04-2018, 09:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This is all bull [BLEEP].   The Jaguars already know what they have in Bortles.   This game isn't going to make any difference.  They're not going to tie the future of the franchise to one game.   The Jags are going to go after Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith, or any free agent they think will be an upgrade.   But if the price is too high,  they will draft a QB, probably in the first 3 rounds.  

Deciding the future of the QB position based on one game would be stupid.   One thing the Jags' front office will have under Coughlin is discipline.   They will evaluate thoroughly, based on ALL the evidence.  Not just based on one game.

It's not every day that I agree with you but, I agree with you.

Bortles has shown us his best I think. While I have repeatedly said I don't think the brass has given Bortles the greatest chance to succeed with the pieces they have put around him, I also think his flaws are too many to overcome to be our permanent franchise QB.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 10:22 AM by spacecoastjag.)

(01-03-2018, 02:05 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 01:56 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: You guys will talk yourselves into anything on message boards......uh, sure guy.

Won't be early at all. I expect Caldwell/Coughlin to draft a QB in round 5-7 to develop as a backup. 

I expect 3 of the first 4 picks to be on the OL. You heard it here first.

Well you've been wrong being first before...

rounds 5-7 lol

I've been more right than anyone on this board. All you Alfie minions have been wrong. 

Gus Bradley and the scoring defense along with o line, kicker and running game was always the problem.

Coaching fixed. Running game fixed. Kicker fixed. Defense fixed..........o line needs help and then the Jags are Super Bowl contenders. 

I've told u this the entire time while internet warriors who have never played football before think the QB throwing a few INTs with Luke Joeckel blocking was a problem. Embarrassing.

(01-01-2018, 08:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 08:50 PM)rocdee Wrote: Sounds like you described Deshaun Watson....wonder how he's going to turn out.

Ok, back on topic now

Jury still out on Watson, and back on topic, that was a Bortles like interception for Mayfield.

Do you want to keep doing this?

The same clowns had their flavor of the week saying Teddy Bridgewater was better than Bortles.....Derek Carr? Winston? Luck? Mariota? Dak? All did worse than Blake this year......Blake's INT % down a 4th year straight because his o line is consistently improving

2014- 3.6%
2015- 3.0%
2016- 2.6%
2017- 2.5%

Once again.....Peyton Manning was 2.7% for career. Farve 3.3%. If Blake can be a 2.0%-2.5% INT QB the rest of his career and Jags fix the problem areas (o line), they should should compete for a Super Bowl every year.

I pray we play well Sunday. If BB (Bortles) has another meltdown, the fans will mutiny any effort to keep him on board, not that the NFL ever listens to the fans!

(01-04-2018, 10:43 AM)Joe/8931 Wrote: I  pray  we  play  well  Sunday.   If   BB (Bortles)  has  another  meltdown,   the  fans  will  mutiny  any  effort  to  keep  him  on  board,   not  that  the  NFL   ever  listens  to  the  fans!

There's an old saying, "If you listen to the fans, pretty soon you'll be sitting with them."  I think between Coughlin, Marrone, and Caldwell, we have more than enough brains to handle the situation.  I trust them to do the right thing. 

Besides, if the fans mutiny after a 10-6 AFC South Championship season, they need to move the team to somewhere the fans will appreciate them.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Well said (The real Marty). Would you agree we need a plan B for BB? A back up QB with potential. A 'bad tooth' left untreated will eventually result in ORAL SURGERY!

(01-04-2018, 10:48 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(01-04-2018, 10:43 AM)Joe/8931 Wrote: I  pray  we  play  well  Sunday.   If   BB (Bortles)  has  another  meltdown,   the  fans  will  mutiny  any  effort  to  keep  him  on  board,   not  that  the  NFL   ever  listens  to  the  fans!

There's an old saying, "If you listen to the fans, pretty soon you'll be sitting with them."  I think between Coughlin, Marrone, and Caldwell, we have more than enough brains to handle the situation.  I trust them to do the right thing. 

Besides, if the fans mutiny after a 10-6 AFC South Championship season, they need to move the team to somewhere the fans will appreciate them.

Agreed.  With all of the whining and complaining from the bandwagon crowd over the past decade that they won't support the team unless they produce a winner, a mutiny over a QB who actually contributed to the success this year just shows you that they will look for any excuse to NOT support the team.  

No doubt, the team will be looking to add competition to the roster at QB.  I think that with the progress Bortles has made this year, it's not a given that he's going to be replaced next season, but I do think the team is going to look to upgrade the Henne spot.  I don't expect to see them making a run at any of the high dollar free agents that could potentially available to them.

Bottom line, Bortles' job isn't on the line this Sunday. There are guys in the front office who will evaluate the entire body of work this season, and determine the path forward. I think the scales have actually tipped in his favor for the upcoming season based on where the team is right now. I wasn't so sure about that earlier this season.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(01-04-2018, 10:19 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 02:05 PM)Kane Wrote: Well you've been wrong being first before...

rounds 5-7 lol

I've been more right than anyone on this board. All you Alfie minions have been wrong. 

Gus Bradley and the scoring defense along with o line, kicker and running game was always the problem.

Coaching fixed. Running game fixed. Kicker fixed. Defense fixed..........o line needs help and then the Jags are Super Bowl contenders. 

I've told u this the entire time while internet warriors who have never played football before think the QB throwing a few INTs with Luke Joeckel blocking was a problem. Embarrassing.
Dude... you are way off base.
A) I hate Alfie lol
2) If you have to fix EVERYTHING around your QB... your QB isn't good enough. Name one team where everything is perfect around the QB.
You don't know [BLEEP] about [BLEEP] dude. You just like to read your own words and pretend you're alone in your support of Bortles. But many on here supported the [BLEEP] outta that dude including myself. Its OK to be ready to prepare for life without Bortles... and if he sticks around and plays better, that's good for the team. But if he [BLEEP] the bed and we have no one other than Henne, it's back to the dark ages while all these awesome pieces on defense get older and slower.