Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Let Bortles run more..

I hope we'll see the return of the designed roll-out this week with Blake being coached to keep it if there's room to run.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-08-2018, 02:15 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I honestly don't get why we don't run the option more. Use the Carolina playbook. It opens up everything.

The problem is, you can't really tell if it was called or not.  It's up to Bortles to make the read and hand off or run.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-08-2018, 09:20 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Bortles is better than Henne in EVERY aspect of football. 

^ Not true.

"Check Down Chad" throws one heck of a screen pass.

What'd BB do on those yesterday?
LOL!!

Henne throws a good deep ball too if you watched preseason he got better at it. Bortles should not only run a lot but try to truck guys it is the only chance we have.

(01-08-2018, 11:31 PM)myrick31 Wrote: Henne throws a good deep ball too if you watched preseason he got better at it.  Bortles should not only run a lot but try to truck guys it is the only chance we have.

Henne is also a statue who needs an All Pro OL because he has no pocket presence
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-08-2018, 12:20 AM)JNev Wrote: Romo brought up that stat on the broadcast. I just say he is an outstanding broadcaster. You can tell why he was such a great QB with how well he analyzes each play before and after. It was truly a treat.

Romo is great in the booth. I love when he calls out the exact play that's called, seconds before it's ran. He does it all the time and it's great. He definitely brings a lot of insight and energy to the booth.

(01-08-2018, 11:26 AM)spacecoastjag Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 10:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Inept? Henne being the next man up is WHY BB5 must run judiciously. Your reflexive leaps to defend Bortles against all comers in every situation cause you to misunderstand what's been written.

Chad Henne will NEVER play ahead of Blake Bortles. Never unless BB is hurt. Henne isn't in the same league as BB passing or running. The preseason BS was used to motivate BB and the inept fans actually thought Brandon Allen and Henne was good. Embarrassing.

You essentially just proved his point if you’d taken the time to read his actual post.  And I’m a Bortles apologist.

[Image: 70XGAc7.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2018, 06:49 AM by UKJag.)

(01-08-2018, 02:24 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 02:15 PM)haveaseat Wrote: I honestly don't get why we don't run the option more. Use the Carolina playbook. It opens up everything.

The problem is, you can't really tell if it was called or not.  It's up to Bortles to make the read and hand off or run.

People were saying that in the SF & tacks games the DC's had our number, that we needed something a little different for the playoffs. This is the little different and something the DC's haven't seen yet this year, Nate calling the option to keep DC's guessing.